My New Stargate Prop: ZPM!!!

silverskyes402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Picked this up over on the scifihero board, just got it and added some 8 pount tess magnets to hold the bottom piece on and a little light system, thought i'd show it off, pics dont do it justice, its hard to take pictures of this beast. Enjoy!

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Not bad, is this one of those Phil ZPMs? I'd like to see one in person before I buy one, but from the photographs it doesn't look too bad. It may need a bit more clear coloring to give it the yellow/orange look though.

Yea, its one of Phil's, I was on the fence about ordering one, but glad I did, he did a great job! the cast is really good and the paint is great, I thought it would be more orange than yellow, but ti works, maybe clean the lines up alittle, looks good displayed with the collection

Yes, I was just about to ask if this is a ZPM made by that guy that some people here on the RPF bashed a while back.

That's a killer lighting system you've got in there, and I think it's the camera that's making it appear whiter in the photos when lit.

Tell us all about it (you owe me for the pics I posted of my completed Ronon Dex gun :lol:)) because I really want a ZPM and if this one is really great quality, I might just have to get in on one of the runs!

Thanks, yea, I dont know much about Phil's history, heard alot of bad things, but he started getting them out to other members so I thought i'd throw in and order one, great price, the cast is very clean, comes in 2 parts, the top and the round botom section, there is a good sized hole in the middle of the piece for lights, I literally took a battery, taped it up, put 2 small LED's and a switch on it and hot glued it to the bottom, took 5 min. it lights up real nice.

I think the only way to hold it together is magnets, ulnless you want to apoxy it together forever, just drilled the holes and put string magnets in and it works great, can pop it apart and install some real lights later. Hope that helps, and thanks for the ronon pics you posted, they made me go and order a kit! lol

I also got a tok'ra comm and gou'ld grenade from him, there excelent, incredible paint jobs on them both, finally starting to get my stargate collection back together

Well then, it looks like I'm going to be contacting him soon- thanks for the pics and help!

And I'm glad to see that you can install lighting without it costing a fortune. I really wanted a lighted ZPM, but didn't want to spend $450 on it =P

:thumbsupGreat stuff man! Your SG collection is getting better by the day ..and yes im jealous! :) Any chance you can post some pics of the comm and grenade you got from him too?

The light really makes the piece. Had you thought about adding a light gel (coloured filter) to give it more of an orangy glow?

Nice dude!
Where did you get one?

Is there any chance there're still some around for me to buy?
Or is there a prop maker of some kind who'd make a replica?

I got one of those on Phil's first run from the Scifihero board, it's great and I love it. I purchased one of the Aurora stunners from propworx when they were doing them, paid a fortune for it, and I was pretty disappointed with the way it is. I want to recast it, fix all the stuff I don't like about it, then make some new ones. My wife hates my stunner gun, lol. However, I have gotten 2 Atlantis personal shields, and a ZPM from Phil, it took some time, but WOW, worth the wait. Paint jobs are phenominal. Getting the ZPM halves together was a bit tricky, but I used some extra pegs from the stargate toys transporter rings so my halves stick together, then I added a dab of hot glue, that will let go when I need to change my batteries but provide enough to keep the halves together. I got a LED kit from my job that was a store display lighting kit. several 10mm sticks with 4 LED's on them. Put a broken clothes hanger in, glued them along that, and voila, light. I also got a toy vending machine plastic mini bubble, painted it black, added a red led and glued that under the red dome on the top part, so when my ZPM lights up that shines bright as heck. I found the spray tint Phil used for the zpm and sprayed the leds with it, turning them from white to yellow/orange. Made it look 1000 times better. I'll put some pics up in my picture thingy.

The problem is not in the colour of the material itself. It's the lighting. LED's are not the way to go in this case.

I used off the shelf white frosted 40W bulbs. Frosted and power are the keys here. No probs with how it looks with those 'specs'.

I tied both bulbs facing outwards to each other together using a bamboo kebab skewer to keep them vertical. The bottom bulb is what keeps the lighting vertical without touching the inner 'walls, as the tip is "sunk" into a dab of blu-tak.

I used the best exposure setting I could for these pics, but still the light looks a little bright. In fact, seen in person, the lighting is dimmer and the details on the ZPM can all be clearly seen.

zpm3-865x776.jpg

zpm6-915x645.jpg

c122-517x673.jpg

ZPMsgcomb-672x427.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back