V Visitors Mothership..

Does anybody know how to contact Greg Jein?

You probably would need to send a message to him through someone who is already in contact with him. I worked with Greg back in the mid 1980's, and even then he was innundated with calls from fanboys wanting to see the props and models in his collection. He even told me he would get creepy calls at 2 am from people wanting to see his screen used stunt B9 robot. He's a nice guy but contacting him cold may be dificult, however a lot may have changed in 25 years !

Hi,thanks for the info.

I am a fan and props collector but the only thing that I don´want is disturbing people.Do you have his contact info?.PM me.

Thanks again.

Hi,thanks for the info.

I am a fan and props collector but the only thing that I don´want is disturbing people.Do you have his contact info?.PM me.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I have not had any contact with him since 1986. Never had his info, and very few of us had E-mail back then !

Well, I started on this one around August 2010 shortly after finishing the Studio Scale Transport. It was going to be fully lighted with fiber optics. Here are the progress pictures. I only got so far before I had to sort of close down the model room for a while. Then this got put on another shelf, then it got damaged when I moved some other stuff. Now, it's in pieces in a pile. I got frustrated with the skin, I was laying tiles individually and it was not really turning out the way I wanted. I was going to build a complete model, but the individual tiles were taking too long. I finally decided to make a 1/4 section, mold the top and bottom parts, and complete it like that. But, I need motivation to do that. And too many other things are going on. The only references I was using was the commonly posted screencaps everywhere and on Beechy's V website. Maybe I'll fix it up and get going again. Someday...

Well, I started on this one around August 2010 shortly after finishing the Studio Scale Transport. It was going to be fully lighted with fiber optics. Here are the progress pictures. I only got so far before I had to sort of close down the model room for a while. Then this got put on another shelf, then it got damaged when I moved some other stuff. Now, it's in pieces in a pile. I got frustrated with the skin, I was laying tiles individually and it was not really turning out the way I wanted. I was going to build a complete model, but the individual tiles were taking too long. I finally decided to make a 1/4 section, mold the top and bottom parts, and complete it like that. But, I need motivation to do that. And too many other things are going on. The only references I was using was the commonly posted screencaps everywhere and on Beechy's V website. Maybe I'll fix it up and get going again. Someday...

I hope you do finish it! I still love that design, and it's still a show I watch at least once a year in it's entirety(y)thumbsup

The original V mothership was built by Greg Jein, some info here “V-The Final Battle” mothership
Actually, the ORIGINAL "V" Mothership, from the original miniseries, was built by ME, for David Stipes, as a last-minute addition to the show, because the original intention to use only still matte paintings for the Mothership was deemed unsatisfactory... So, Dave asked ME to take the styrofoam study model that the matte painters had used for perspective reference, and turn it into a shooting miniature for a number of motion shots. I was given a week, and, I think $500 to do it. But, it was a lot of fun, and it worked well enough that Greg copied it (and, of COURSE, improved on it!) pretty accurately!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back