New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Jan. '10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Membership Guidelines (MGL)

Terms of Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff

Last edited:
*** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Jan. '10

Aloha all.. Didn't see a topic for the new members to introduce themselves, and seeing I thought I'd introduce myself, I thought I'd start one so the others can say G'day too..

I'm Beechy, aka Troy, from the land DownUnder.. Been lurking around the boards for years, but always seem to miss registrations.. Not this time though.. Started to get to know a few of the members already, hitting them up for BttF props ( Tim, Brad ) and V props ( Mike )..

I actually wanted to join years ago, to find out if anyone had done, or could do, a replica of The NeverEnding Story Book.. Needless to say, I was excited with the recent topic on a replica..

I'm not a Prop Maker, well not yet.. :lol Just a Collector.. Collect a number of movie and TV props.. Mainly V ( Old and New ), BttF, Goonies, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Blade, Star Wars etc.. Yet to start the Indy Collection.. :lol

Looking forward to receiving my V Visitor Rifle from Thermal Plastics.. Been keeping an eye on this since he started it.. Will be looking for some skilled Prop Makers for some custom jobs later.. :love

Look forward to getting to know the RPF crew..

Beechy

Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Jan. '10

Hey everyone :) I'm Ryan aka wiccaryan, I've been a fan of the forum since the start of December, i was fortunate enough to stumble across this forum, just before registration in January :) I'm really excited and pleased to be a member

I'm not a prop maker, well at least not yet, just a collector.
The Props I own at the moment are:
The Heart of the Ocean Neckalce Titanic
The Ruby Slippers The Wizard of Oz
Harry Potter's wand Harry Potter Noble Collection

and pretty soon, i'll have a perfect replica of the Charmed Book of Shadows from Charmed ^-^

I'm here to discuss Props, get to know people, hopefully find prop makers who can make things for payment etc :)

Can't wait to talk to you all!

Wiccaryan

Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Jan. '10

Hi All! I'm Kelly from Down Under, too- I've been lurking for two months now ;D
I found the forum while I was looking for help on making props; it seemed like the perfect place to ask for feedback and get help when I don't know where to go next.

I'm typically a seamstress; but I make a lot of costumes and want to branch out into props making as well. I'd like to work with silicone forms, and possibly soft plastic moulding.

My partner and I don't own many replicas or props just yet; but I must say the addition recently of Bayonetta replica pistols has pleased me greatly!

I'm probably going to be making things like Replica Hardsuits from BubbleGum Crisis, Swords and various pistols. I hope you'll all be kind ;D

Kelly

Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hey everyone. I'm Erik from Las Vegas. I've been collecting Trek prop replicas and ships for a while now and really enjoy it. I just finished my very first prop build (TNG Dustbuster phaser) and was quite pleased how it turned out. I'll post pictures when I have a moment. I'm glad to be hear and look forward to chatting with all of you.

Hello Everyone!

I just joined, and I am looking for a first project! I am in Boston, and I work on software in real life.

Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Nov. '09

Hey guys,

greetings from lovely "jersey" lol. I Mauro and im sorta new to the whole prop and replica group. But i have some things i collect and always interested in good ol' scifi stuff and im a huge ninja turtle fan. looking forward to chatting it up with you guys on some great props going forward.

Cheers!!

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd do the old intro! I have always been a great horror film fanatic, and as a result became a professional prosthetics FX artist in the industry and have been now for around 16 years. I work within film, tv and theatre. I was one of the guys who made robert de-niro look nice for mary shelleys frankentsein LOL. Any way. I love props and prop building and have recently realised that there were no real movie accurate Freddy Krugers out there made to a high spec, so i have recently completed a nice single piece silicone mask. I shall be posting pics of it, when i finish all the profile setting up, and get to grips with this, and finding my way around! Thanks!

Just wanted to say Hi.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I started browsing this forum about 2 months ago and was amazed at the costumes that all of you have created. I was so sucked in to the forum and the creativity of you all that I want to ttry making some costumes myself. there is alot that I must learn before I take on this task but you have inspired me as I am sure you have inspired many others.

The costume that amazed me the most was the TMP Iron Man. Dang thats a sweet costume. I wish I had the skills to make something like that.

I think I will start off with making costumes for my son since he wont care if I mess up. He is only 4. Anyway thank you for all the great ideas and I look forward to seeing your future creations.

I'm actually a member? ...Is this real life?!?

Hey, guys. I've been following the fourm off and on for a couple of years now form TDH and couldn't wait for signup to begin!

I've been making props since my sophomore year in highschool. Now I'm running with ten years under my belt and still learning! Specialize in SW, but have made items form the Batman, X-Men, and Ironman universes as well. I'm looking forward to being impressed with your insights and hope to be able to contribute some of my own!

Hello! My name is Kate but people call me Zoe.
I'm glad that I was finally able to join this community. I'm not a prop maker just yet, but I'm hoping to gain some tips. Right now, I just collect things. My favorite piece that I own at the moment is Watson's cane from the 2009 film Sherlock Holmes.

C:
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
-Zoe

Hello there!

I’ve been looking at these forums for a few months now. I don’t build replica props or models but I am very interested in film and have always loved the miniatures used therein. I have always been a huge fan of the original Star Wars trilogy so I have a big interest in reference photos from those productions. Searching for photos of the AT-ST model used in the Empire Strikes Back is how I originally stumbled upon the site.

I do build models and props but I only recently started fabricating my own parts. Most of my work is largely kit bashing and I follow my own designs rather than attempt to mimic the work that has inspired me to become involved in this hobby. I am a big fan of dolls (or “action figures” if you’re a Hasbro kind of person) and kit bash little toys all of the time as well.

I’m working towards becoming involved in the film industry but while my goal is not to become a prop maker I do find myself manufacturing props and miniatures for use in my various student films and other photographic projects.

I don’t have much to add to the community in regards to model and prop making as many of you are far more experienced than I, but I’m sure I’ll be able to share the occasional tidbit of knowledge regarding related things.

Hi! My name is Mike and I'm a currently unemployed layabout from the Midwest of the US. (Previously an I/T mangler last time employed.)

I've always had a fascination with prop building and have from time to time helped others with costume piece ideas and props for minor theater productions but nothing major.

It wasn't until a couple years ago that my wife and I finally bought a house of our own and I got a heated garage which quickly became a workshop for a number of different pursuits.

I like functional props more than non-functional props because they push my buttons where art and technology meet. And that's just cool. :)

Hello everyone! my name is zach and i am a college student in Virginia Beach. I have been extremely interested in buying, making, recreating props, ever since i saw xena on the the Hercules tv show back in 1995. Xena is deffinatly the reason i got into props and that is where most of my creations come from. I am so glad to finally be a member and to show all of you some of the things i have done, as well as seeing your creations!

Hey,

I'm Pete from austria.
In the therpf I wanna start my props career ^^
So have fun with me ;)

PETE

Just joined, thought I'd introduce myself.

My main collection is bottles, several of which happen to be ones seen on Star Trek, mostly Quark's bar, but I also have some from TOS. From there I decided to start making labels, mostly because I couldn't find decent quality images. I taught myself vector graphics for that and that's gotten me interested in other paper props.

Interests: Star Trek, Firefly, Jim Henson Films, Medieval/Fantasy genre, general sci-fi... etc. Gonna have to get my post count up so I can share my bottle labels in the paper props section.

Hello!!!!

Ive been waiting for some time to register here!! This looks like the most informative site for props and prop replica's!! You know, its amazing what facination we can have with Props!!! For a long time i thought i was the only person in the world that would be into this stuff!! lol.. and then the WEB came along... and suddenly, forum after forum after forum were popping up all over the place for movie props and prop replica's etc!! Ive been into prop making pretty much all my life. ALthough i never claim to be a super constructor of movie props, i do really enjoy the challenge of producing some authentic replica's.. (or at least the best i can with the money and materials i have)...Im kinda the "Macgyver of Prop Replica's" lol.. My best one to make is the all famous and "ever elusive" Quantum Leap Ziggy Handlink Replica. Been building those for around 3 years now. Ive also made a Decent Proton Pack from Ghostbusters and Goggles as well as trap. Also on my list is a set of WOlverine Claws. I made those from Acrylic and then painted them up to look authentic. Also, on my list of favorite replica's is a "season 1 Highlander Katana" that ive been working on.. Basically just taking a Marto and modifying the dragon head to look like season one and then re-aging it all over to look more authentic. I also have a border line obsession with Movie Jackets and coats etc.. I have the Highlander Coats (official ones not screen used) as well as 1 custom made Leather coat in the Rust color. Also, i have the Wolverine Replica Coat (x1 Coat) that weathered and made look more authentic. I'll be posting some pics of all of these very soon to show everybody... In my Collection i have screen used Prop "Money" from "the Bourne Supremacy" wih C.O.A as well as a Screen used Shirt From the Funny MOvie "Beerfest" that Jay Chandreshaker wore. I live in Nashville, TN and love it! If you ever have any questions for me please message me!!! or email me at Running_out_of_daylight@Hotmail.com Thanks!!! and Lets all try to make 2010 WAY better that "The year we don't speak of" lol..

Brad

Hi, David here in Atlanta. Glad to join the RPF community, which is such a great resource.

Currently I'm working on Clone Wars related costume items, starting with an animated blaster (WIP). In the past, I've built props for personal costuming, haunted house acting, and movie making (including some Hellraiser inspired puzzle boxes).

Hi everyone!

My name is José, I'm from Porto which is a lovely town in Portugal and it is a pleasure to finally be part of this community! :)
I'm looking forward to share my ideas, goals, and findings with you guys and hope to learn from you too!

I like and collect many stuff:
- old, retro consoles and computers like atari 2600 and others, sega's, nintendo's, Zx spectrum's, old apple computers etc etc.
- I collect Transformers toys, some retro ones but specially the new Masterpiece line.

But the reason I started to get into the props was a project I started some years ago:
I wanted to make the most accurate lightsaber and combine it with the best technology available to turn it into a "working" lightsaber, with sounds and a blade.
It is not focused on dueling, but it as to stand a few blows but rather it has to be very bright and realistic, even in daylight.
I imposed this challenge to myself because I'm in university in Electrical Engineering so the electronics will all be made by myself has a way to test if I can do it.
The two lightsabers that I most like are the luke's epVI and obi-wan's epIII.
When I started this project I focused on the luke's lightsaber and collected all the information I could find about it and have it machined. After a prototype was made, I then adapted it so I could fit the blade and electronics.
This is almost the finished hilt, and I say almost because there's a part missing, the ignitor box. It is missing because I want to add some led's and electronics and until I define them, I cannot do it with the right inside dimensions.
Here are some pics:

Luke%201.jpg

Luke%202.jpg

Luke%203.jpg

As to my Obi-wan's saber, I'm still looking for the perfect hilt and after some search, I found it. It appears that a member of this forum, Russ from rbreplicas as been machining exact props from the parts used to form the lightsaber. I'm waiting for the pommel and then the last part that I will not have will be the emitter.

After I have all the parts, I will start the electronic part of the project and when I do, I will most likely open a thread so I can share it with you guys and have some help and support also.

Thank you, José.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back