Re: My son's ceiling mounted model train

Very cool! I always thought having a train that went to different rooms would be cool!

FB

2 things.
first, can you get it up to 88 (scale) miles per hour? :p
and second, from the title I honestly was expecting to see it inverted on the celing. don't know why, but that's where my head jumped :p

looks cool bro!

That's cool! You should make a continuous strip to mount behind it from track edge to ceiling showing a town, the train station, forests, etc.

2 things.
first, can you get it up to 88 (scale) miles per hour? :p
and second, from the title I honestly was expecting to see it inverted on the celing. don't know why, but that's where my head jumped :p

looks cool bro!

First- Haha that was my first thought! I sooo want to build a crude wooden DeLorean to push in front of it (not built to scale or painted...of course)

Second - Title changed...thanks

This reminds me of the toy Disney monorail layout that went room to room, way cool! I would like to do this too but with a z scale Mk6 Disney monorail...
Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85CRC3ioSLs&NR=1

the model shown is my N scale narrow gauge Disney MK4 shell. the MK4 ran at Disney from 71-til 89 it was a 5 car train.

That's pretty cool. I did some research on youtube to see what other people had done, and stumbled upon this guy....Holy Crap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt367afSbwg
It's very well built, but just a bit too much in my opinion.

Re: My son's wall mounted model train

I had that when I was a kid!
What a cool dad you are!
Now, put a DeLorean model at the front of it and you are set!

That is great, how did you attach the strait runs to the wall?

The Ultimate Executive Toy: A Suspended Acrylic Railroad Layout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7UXOMMtPuo

For those high net-worth individuals who think they have everything, this high-tech, state-of-the-art model railroad display is something uniquely different.
Whether youre a train lover, rail-fan, or an executive with a love for exotic gadgets, this show-stopping attention getter will always entertain.

Imagine having realistic model trains running in your office, showroom, restaurant, or home, circling above your head, fully automated or under your control.

Complex trusses, laser cut in thick clear acrylic, suspended from the ceiling by polished chrome rods, giving a high-tech, yet retro feel to this very elegant and unusual display. Adding to the railroad feel, there are strategically placed bridges at various locations.

With the wireless control system, every detail can be manipulated from anywhere in the room. Switches throw. Trains slow, stop, and pass each other. If the two track yard isnt enough to store all the locomotives and rolling stock, a series of shelves connected by a vertical elevator with track add 64 feet of storage space where your expensive collection can be admired by all.

see more at www.smarttinc.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7UXOMMtPuo

So I made a little more progress today. I went ahead and cut the holes for the train to go into the next room. The tunnel goes through a small closet in the next room so it's about a 3 foot tunnel. I'll have to wait a bit to buy more track to finish the loop but the hard part is done at least. It will look much better once I finish it and clean it up. I'll either put a stone tunnel portal around the hole, or I'll trim it with moulding. Then, of course, I still need to decorate the room.

It's getting there.

Entrance and exit to the tunnel.
IMG_0410.jpg

View from the next room. You can see the door to the closet that it goes through.
IMG_0409.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back