I never was able to find anything suitable and everything I tried was either unstable or way too expensive. So I'm making a trip up to my brother's tomorrow to use his shop and CNC machine to just make my own brackets. That way I know they'll be exactly what I need.
I'll take video of the progress and installation. I might have it done by the end of the weekend.

What if you used a ceiling fan (modern, stainless) and attached a mounting ring for the track above the motor housing?

Something that could accept the equivelent of the silver L brackets without the vertical portion. How much clearance do you need for the train?

well, I need about 30 of them as I need to support the track at every joint all around the room. I went to my brother's today and we milled out all of the pieces. I took some video and will edit it all together after I get done assembling them and installing everything. I think it will work really well.

Okay here it is! I got it done a couple of hours ago.
And here's a video of building it.

Last edited by a moderator:
because cutting custom shaped plexiglass pieces gets really expensive really quick. and unless you use a laser cutter, it is likely to split and crack. There's also too much flex, which would cause the track to start wobbling and fall.

I picked up a new locomotive as the old steam engine was starting to act up. I really like it, but my Great Dane does not, so sorry about the barking. :)
Next phase will be finishing the brackets and tunnel coverings of my son's room.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back