South beach leather mad max jackets?

Ghost Host

Sr Member
The prices seem too good to be true. Anyone have anything to say about them, in quality or accuracy? I understand that Abbyshot may be the best to get, but the price of South Beach Leather's jacket is very inticing.

Looks like shady folks, but unfortunately I didn't see anything specific to quality of their merchandise... especially the Mad Max jacket... I think I'll avoid them anyway... thanks for the tip.

Looks like shady folks, but unfortunately I didn't see anything specific to quality of their merchandise... especially the Mad Max jacket... I think I'll avoid them anyway... thanks for the tip.

Southbeach has not been shady in my experience. Maybe they've cleaned up their act lately, or maybe I've just been lucky.
I've done three orders with them and had fast shipping, good quality (for the money) and even did a successful exchange (even though it was my fault for ordering the wrong size).

I own their Mad Max jacket and it actually has some advantages over the much more expensive Abbyshot jacket (though there's no denying that the Abbyshot is the winner in overall quality).

Definitely check those other threads, and for more threads about the mad max jacket, check out the props and costumes section of the mad max forum (madmaxmovies.com)

I own the Southbeach mad max jacket and I replaced the shoulder caps with accurate plastic ones (not too tricky if you have some experience with that sort of thing). The shoulder caps on the Southbeach jacket are leather and do not look right at all. Either live with them (knowing you saved some money) or be sure to tell Southbeach to leave the shoulder caps off when you order it. That will save you the hassle of removing them yourself.

The actual quality of the leather I've gotten from them has been pretty good. On par with other cheap to medium priced leather items I've bought. The biggest knock on their jackets is that I've heard the zippers break. But it hasn't happened to me yet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back