Machete From The Book Of Eli

Does his character only have one arm? The second pic looks like it's missing, the first seems to suggest he has one though.

No, he's just a very classy swordsman. We all do the hand-behind-back thing from time to time. Great for showing off in jest and in film, but in real combat, it's basically useless. However, on the subject of his machete, I'm pretty sure it was custom made specifically for the film. I'll double check and get back to you as soon as possible

I just typed in "cool machete" in google image search and found this:
Machete.jpg

IDK what exactly it is and it's not the exact on, but it's a start.

Someone said Bud K sells one like it, but I don't know for sure....it looks like a tricked-out kukri design.

BTW, ol' Denzel was trained in hand-to-hand martial arts by a protege of Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto.
Rob

I'm in the process of spec'ing out a full-scale AutoCad drawing for this machete (which I will make available for free, here), but I need a good image of the handle/haft...anyone got any?

I was not quite right with the kukri correlation...the kukri has a definite forward curve/break in the blade....

csstoreonline_2088_20396418.jpg

....and Eli's blade is more of a machete, with a straight spine and slight drop-point:

000007.jpg

000011.jpg

....or just a plain big-ass knife! :cool
Rob

Here's a couple of stunts from the movie. First pic is a final, screen used knife. The second one is the 'blade' only before the handle is applied (and before it's painted silver, these are both just rubber stunt knives), so you can see the entire blade shape.

And they can be yours for the low price of $2499 and $999... :cool

Rik

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back