Sigh...Has it really been nearly 5 yrs since Trek last aired?

MooCriket

Master Member
Anyone else bummed that there really is not anything Trek related on T.V.? I miss the days when I had my choice of multiple Trek's to watch on a given night.

I wonder if we will ever see any incarnation of Trek in a television series again:unsure

From my point of view it's 16 years since "trek" aired. :lol

But seriously... well I dunno, if they never make a series out of the Abrams version, I'll be surprised. But first things first I guess.... probably makes more sense financially to pump out an "event" film every few years, than to spend millions on a weekly series. You never know though.

k

I was pretty bummed with Enterprise. So my calendar runs a bit longer with no Trek on TV.

Another series? Doubt it.

True, Enterprise was a let down. I do miss though, being able to choose between TNG, DS9, and Voyager each week.

Nothing on T.V. that fills that gap these days.

BE Happy. It could be worse. Imagine CW gets a hold of the rights, and makes a star trek tv series based on teeny poppers. They brought back melrose place and 91210..Just Imagine the horror!!!!!

BE Happy. It could be worse. Imagine CW gets a hold of the rights, and makes a star trek tv series based on teeny poppers. They brought back melrose place and 91210..Just Imagine the horror!!!!!

Teeny poppers?!....I think your talking about a different thing there:lol

I personally miss having a good series to watch at night. My question is, when do you count an installment as being the end of a series's golden age? (Enterprise really has too many holes to poke in it) How can we compare Voyager, DS9, TNG, and TOS to one another?

Last edited:
Sneak from Drex what a season five might have brought.

nx_season_5_refit_teaser1.jpg

I enjoyed Enterprise, it was a fun show and had a good entertainment value to me. I never watched Voyager when it first ran so I am now getting into that series.

I disliked Enterprise when it aired... when I went back and looked at it, it's not that bad... when you count when Manny Coto came on board.

But for me the Golden Age of Trek will always be the 90's. You could find Trek anywhere. I remember kids in school that were not your typical "geek" watching it. There were 2 Trek shows on the air at a time. TNG was the highest rated syndicated show on television and was syndicated to where you could find it on every night of the week. We had the last great TOS movie... Ah it was wonderful time.

The question shouldn't be "Will Trek ever return to TV" because it almost certainly will.

The question is what would make a new Trek TV series worth watching.

The answer lies somewhere between Clone Wars and MadMen (yeah, I know, but if you could do that creative math you'd have a great Trek TV series).

hmmm....

so let me get this straight Carson...

you want the action and adventure stories of the Clone Wars mixed in with

the drama and smart writing style of Madmen...

:eek GREAT SCOTT!!! you might be on to something Carson

what are you all talking about? Where I live, there is TNG and Voyager and Enterprise all still being aired daily on cable. I can flip on the TV and watch it just about anytime. Matter of fact, just finished a TNG episode and a Voyager one is starting.

I'm one of those who was indifferent to "Enterprise" when it first aired (after watching a handful of shows). On a whim I bought the entire series and watched them all and really fell in love with the show. I know this is not a popular sentiment but after TOS it's my favorite series. Albeit a far second.

hmmm....

so let me get this straight Carson...

you want the action and adventure stories of the Clone Wars mixed in with

the drama and smart writing style of Madmen...

:eek GREAT SCOTT!!! you might be on to something Carson

Yeah, but while you're at it, you might as well ask for a unicorn for Christmas.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back