Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it?

July 19 2013 He will be the Daywalker again :thumbsup

I still am shocked they put him way for that long after he paid government
what he owed . They wanted to make an example out of Blade.

There is going to be a blade 4 watch and see.
They have to bring it back after trinity :thumbsdown

My first screen used prop was a pair of License Plates from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Carpenter Street".
They are the plates that were used on Loomis' car.

DSC00792.jpg

My first prop was from the Stargate movie: Anubis' 'ring device' caller that's seen on his hand in the movie.

As far as why, I've always been a HUGE movie buff. Once I found out you could actually 'own' things from your favorite movie I was hooked.

Nearly 10 years ago, a friend of mine called me up (Bjorn on this forum) and says that he wants to come down to my shop to help him make some molds of a couple pieces he had access to. When he gets to my shop, he pulls out Worf's sash from TNG, and he wanted to make casts of the two medallions attached to it.

A friend of his in Utah is a major collector of screen used Star Trek props, and he was on the set the last day of shooting for the show. The prop guy walks up to Dorn, talks the sash off, turns around and hands it to this guy in Utah. Bjorn gets the sash and we take the medallion pieces off and made molds. Thenn he made wax casts and had a foundry make metal pieces.

Though it wasn't my sash or my medallions, it was pretty cool working with a screen used prop.

Oh, and the Vader helmet tusks in Episode 3 came from me. I sold them to Pwrsrce who sold them to ILM via Don Bies. I still have some left from a run, so in a roundabout way, I have screen used Vader tusks.

Ok,

Mine is pretty boring an straight forward. I had been working with a few props and a lot of replicas back in the 90's. I knew most screen-used were out of reach and were really hard to find...then came ebay and things got esier to find! The prices skyrocketed, but still easier to locate.

After a few years of searching for something interesting and affordable, I saw it.

It was an original Buck Rogers Earth Defense Directorate Blaster from the film/pilot/first season. I got it with almost no opposition! I had thought it would be impossible to get a really desirable piece reasonably, but timing was the key in this case.

After that, I got odd stuff like a piece of the Blade Runner set that was being discarded when Union Station was being refurbished.

One thing I would like to get is the Uncle Martin Saucer I made for Sci Fi Buzz on the Sci Fi Channel.

I just got into Star Trek props and screen used wardrobe. I got a jumpsuit from Stat Trek the motion picture, a monster maroon undershirt Mr Adventure Star Trek 3 still looking for the rest lol, the gray and black jumpsuit that brent spinner wore underwater in Insurrection, a DS9/Voyager jumpsuit, two jumpsuits from Enterprise one from In a Mirror Darkly and the last episode worn by a asian female. Props I have a Klingon knife from Enterprise the episode The augments, a dabo chip, a turbo lift tag from First Contact, also from First Contact a flight manual I think there is more but can't think of them right now lol.

Brian

I have many replica items, as a Star Wars fan....the original props are so darn expensive!! But since I started, I got my first original piece - a piece of the actual model that was the Death Star from ANH - which was pricey for just a piece, but since it was a gift, it will always be treasured!! As it stands, I've pretty much stuck to replicas (more bang for my buck!) but every once in awhile I price out some originals.....I enjoyed reading the responses on this thread!

i gues my first screen used prop would be the business cards for the movie dragnet. second screen prop would be business card from white collar autographed bye tim dekay. i started collecting law enforcement memorabilia over 20 years ago when i got into serving in law enforcement. at the time i was collecting badges,patches etc and collecting badges and patches from cop shows too. i have a big collection of real law enforcement stuff. for movies and tv i have some photos, patches, badges and id cards. nothing screen used outside of the business cards.

I am still looking for my first. Hope to find something indiana jones related. I was offered one item, but the price was too high.

First piece was a pair of coins used in Goonies and picked up for use in Hook. Wish I never got rid of them!

Hey guys,

I just have to take part in this thread because a couple of weeks ago I got my first screen used prop. It's Star Wars, no less.

On the 15th of August, 2001, the Art of Star Wars exhibition opened in Helsinki, Finland, with two very special guests visiting the premiere night: Anthony Daniels and Lorne Peterson. With Mr. Peterson I had a wonderful, albeit brief moment discussing the Tantive IV model (unfortunately not present at the exhibition) and the Jawa Sandcrawler, which, according to Mr. Peterson, was built on a frame made of Finnish birch plywood!

Coincidentally, exactly 11 years later a friend of mine casually told me that Mr. Peterson had given him two q-tips that night. The two q-tips were used along with gazillion others for creating the mass of spectators for the Mos Espa pod race scene in The Phantom Menace. To my big surprise my friend then gave me one of the q-tips.

Ta-daa, here it is, my genuine screen used Star Wars prop: a q-tip from Mos Espa.

Hi guys,
I love Back to the future and I will only collect props/wardrobe from the trilogy.
My first prop was:

~GRAYS SPORTS ALMANAC~
Artifacts of Hill Valley: Future (2015)

I didn't know you can actually collect movie props so I got my almanac and couldn't stop collecting...Check out the link to my BTTF website.

Hi Michael. Welcome to the RPF! Very nice screen used BTTF collection!

A while back I tried to contact you about the details of one of your props but I guess your site is set up to only send out an automatic reply. :unsure

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back