Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it?

My first screen used prop(s) were a pair of stunt Peter Pan swords from 'Hook'.

I remember when I was a kid, there were a few iconic movie props that when I saw in the movies, I thought "I want that!!" Hammond's cane from Jurassic park, the Cross of Coronado and the Grail Diary from Last Crusade, the hoverboard from BTTF 2, and Pan's sword from Hook. Thanks to the RPF, I was able to get some AMAZING replicas for my favorite iconic props, but nobody had ever made Pan's sword....

In a thread about the sword on the main forum, someone here on the RPF posted some pictures he took of two prop swords at a local collectibles show I recognized. So I headed over there, and after talking with the dealer, I was able to purchase them!

Both swords:
both.jpg

And here is my original thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f45/pans-sword-hook-stunt-stab-version-87178/

Mine was a Black Hawk Down 9mm Ammo Clip, cost me £15 from Propstore in 2002. I still have it today, it fills one of the pouches in my Galco holster that I display with my screen worn McClane vest.

Simon

My first screen used prop was free. It was a prop police badge. I was assigned to the filming area for traffic control. The wardrobe person needed advice on how the uniforms should be worn, etc. The uniforms in the wardrobe trailer were all too clean and new to look real, so my unit and I loaned them some of our more "weathered" gear. I helped the wardrobe person dress the actor cops properly. Ended up with one of the prop badges for my services.

My first was the Riddler's gold question mark cane from Batman Forever. I was drawn to this prop from the first time I saw it. It took me forever to track down but it was well worth the wait.

My first indisputably screen-used and screen-matched prop is also one of my longest desired holy grails. I hope to someday reunite it with the rest of the costume:

P1080953.jpg

TMNTII-Screenshot120-Comparison1.jpg

TMNTII-Screenshot101-Comparison.jpg

TMNTII-Screenshot140-Comparison4cop.jpg

Cheers,

Ryan

my first screen used prop was a t shirt worn by james badge dale from the pacific and since then ive been hooked, collecting stuff wardrobe and props from my favorite war films.

My first screen used prop(s) were a pair of stunt Peter Pan swords from 'Hook'.

I remember when I was a kid, there were a few iconic movie props that when I saw in the movies, I thought "I want that!!" Hammond's cane from Jurassic park, the Cross of Coronado and the Grail Diary from Last Crusade, the hoverboard from BTTF 2, and Pan's sword from Hook. Thanks to the RPF, I was able to get some AMAZING replicas for my favorite iconic props, but nobody had ever made Pan's sword....

In a thread about the sword on the main forum, someone here on the RPF posted some pictures he took of two prop swords at a local collectibles show I recognized. So I headed over there, and after talking with the dealer, I was able to purchase them!

Both swords:
both.jpg

And here is my original thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f45/pans-sword-hook-stunt-stab-version-87178/

your lucky one!!!!

My first screen used prop was a Romulan disruptor from Star Trek TNG.

IMG_3712-1.jpg

IMG_3713-1.jpg

IMG_3715-1.jpg

This piece was the begining of a very expensive addiction, but a fun one too. :)

Beneath the planet of the apes background suit, despite it's lack of leathery heroness it's still one of my favourite pieces :)

When I started my weekly search through early ebay in 2001 for merchandise and VHS from the Friday the 13th films I found a display with a broken Jason hockey mask (upper half of the mask) and a piece of Freddy sweater offered. It was describbed as original and coming from "Jason Goes To Hell". The final mask that was lying on the ground, pulled down by Freddy`s hand. I thought WOW, that must be worth hundreds :)

This was my first experience with screen used items being offered into the public. In 2003 I google found StarWares.net when it was still owned by Marcia. She had a Jason machete listed in her online store for $3000 describbed as coming from part 7.

However the first actual item I purchased was an arrow from Waterworld in 2004 when I visited the Premiere Props Store on Hollywood blvd that closed down in 2006 or so.

I framed the arrow and traded it for a miniature Gremlin from Gremlins II. The Gremlin was traded for a stunt Nanite Injector from I,Robot. And that one was sold to help paying for a Jason hockey mask from Jason Goes To Hell.. and so the circle is complete.

Mario

Here`s my website to find a few of the pieces that came after:
Friday the 13th props

EDIT: Here`s a picture of the arrow and a screen still.
2eefrpv.jpg

6oo5s4.jpg

Last edited:
I will have the red coat from the Zombie Hunter in "Dawn of the Dead" who puts down his can of Iron City, raises his rifle, and fires. That guy is my dad. I took the coat to a George Romero appearance, with a screenshot of dad. George and Tom Savini autographed a piece of fabric to sew into the coat, and I gave them to Dad for Christmas.

My first screen used prop is a Child's Faceless Mask from Pink Floyd The Wall. The acquisition was more from a family pov than just a music fan, but since then I've been hooked.

My first original prop was recently acquired right here on the rpf and that was a set of The Fifth Element cuffs. No special story but they are special to me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back