Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it?

If we're including costumes, I have the complete Gothic Priest outfit used by an extra in the film Me Without You.
The character has a good minute of screen-time, half of which is the main sunject in frame during the 80s nightclub scenes.

It's kinda cheating though, since I was that extra :$:lol

My first and really only screen used items are a deck hand uniform from Battlestar Galactica (new release) and various props that were in the tool belt it came with.

I have a casting of Jeremy Bullochs face , his face is screen used in several places lol but alas.

Way more replica displays than actual items. I enjoy the project of making things I guess more than getting real ones. Starting when I was little.

I made Ninja Turtles communicators from the cartoon when I was in grade school , thats the first thing I really remember doing. That and repainting a hotwheels jeep to look like a Jurassic Park jeep. Made a lot of things that I SAID were from movies out of cardboard boxes even younger than that but no one would have recognized what they were but me lol

Like many others here i fell in love with Starship Troopers and so i bought myself a full costume.

CIMG7308.jpg

My first screen used props were items from 'Last of the Mohicans' that I was a prop person on. So it was a natural, since I helped make a lot of things. Hatchets, sheaths, lots of fake beadwork, etc. I recently sold my Prop Script via ScreenUsed.com.

My first and as of now only prop from a film is a fin from George Clooneys glove from Batman and Robin. I have my eye on one of the George Clooney cowls. Not sure if I can get it being that it may not be for sale. But we will see.
I have been mainly into Batman for some time but I am looking to branch into other films. Once I get my house where I can put stuff on display I will start to add to my collection.

Back in 1972, right after the first fan convention in NYC, I was part of a small group of fans at U.Va. that brought Leonard Nimoy to speak. We wound up filling University Hall, the basketball arena, and Nimoy spoke for an hour, showed the episode "Amok Time" and then fielded questions from the audience for another hour. All told, well over three hours of his time. Afterwards the four of us on the committee took him out for a beer. At the end of the night, well into the wee hours, he signed autographs for each of us and gave each of us a piece of quartz that he claimed was a dilithium crystal that was used on the show. I believe he said it was from "Demon in the Dark." I have no certificate of authenticity, no proof, no nothing except for my memories, but I treasure that stupid little piece of quartz like you would not believe. That was my first show-used prop. Since then I've gotten a couple of paper things, like some stage money that was used in "X-Files" but most of my collection is replicas rather than screen used. But nothing can touch that "dilithium crystal!"

I had been prenticing with my friend Shawn McEnroe for a number of years and alway's heard stories of his different exploits for different films he had been involved with.

One afternoon he was telling me about the different make-up's he had sculpted and applied for Texas Chainsaw Massacre II. I asked him about Bill Mosely in particular and who had made the metal plate appliance that he wore for the character Chop-Top in that movie. Shawn told me it had been himself that had pounded the piece out of Silver and had kept it when the movie wrapped...
Of course I had to ask him, "Do you still have it?" to which he smiled and emptied his ashtray and handed it to me. It was the silver plate!
Long story longer, Shawn ended up giving me the plate and I ended up tracking down Bill Mosely, who inserts the name "Chop-Top" into his own at his web-site, and I sold it back to him and split the money with Shawn.
ChopTopApplianceII.jpg

My first screen-used item was a syringe from sAW II (bundled with bottles of prop blood and sAW II script)

My first screen-used wardrobe is a school girl outfit from Silent Hill.

As for what got me into it I'd have to say my user name. Since I first seen the sAW puppet on screen I said to myself I'd do what ever it takes to obtain one. (I'm a couple of months away from owning the next best thing to a screen-used sAW puppet) When I receive this I'll post a thread with my sAW collection.

My first screen used prop was one of the HERO remotes from Click. I had Jeff from screen used make me a display case for it. I also had Adam Sandler sign it, but looking back I wish I didnt

2w51zqt.jpg

The only ones that I ever HAD to have were the lab coats of Dr. Clayton Forrester and "TV's Frank" from Mystery Science Theater 3000

They had three screen used versions of each for sale (not including the one they made for Forrester in MST3K: The Movie).

I managed to get the last one's auctioned for each. Set me back a mortgage payment!

442frkuniwfood.jpg

345drfcoat2.jpg

My first screen-used prop is a tag from "Back to the Future 2." It was used on one of the future cars in the courthouse square.

I also have a pair of Bat-cuffs seen at the beginning of "Batman Forever," and I have a security guard's patch from the prisoner ship scene in "The Dark Knight."

I've always loved BTTF and Batman, and I have a ton of replica Ghostbusters props.

I've enjoyed seeing all of your guys' stuff!

bttf2_tag.jpg

I have a doctor's bag from the 1960s show Dr. Kildare, with Richard Chamberlain. I picked it up at an antique store. It was a fluke and I got it cheap. I also have a screen-used bill from Serenity, which was gifted to me by my friend Geoff Mandel, and a screen used bill from the Firefly series, courtesy of Karl at Fireflyprops.com.

Well, my first screen used prop was 'wardrobe' technically -- Nothing too crazy since there were quite a few of these made for production but it was one of the "Ghostface Robes" used in the opening Theater Scene of Scream 2. Came with the C.O.A, I still have it tucked away safely. Though it's not a Hero piece, I can see why the killer is always tripping and falling all over the place when he's chasing someone in those movies, that robe is HEAVY compared to the Walmart/Storebought versions out there. I'm just starting my voyage into prop/wardrobe collecting now, since then I've bought a few little pieces here and there. By the way it's great seeing all your first props, so many epic pieces out there! Especially to Balboa's post way up above mine here, Dolph Lundgren's Ivan Drago boots??!! That's awesome! \m/ :D

My first screen used prop is also wardrobe.
It's my FX Stormtrooper armor.
I wore it in;
Epic Movie
VH-1 Big in 05 awards
Deal or No Deal
Bones (the "Princess and the Pear" episode)
and a bunch of stuff for G4
Not really that great, but the costume is Screen-used LOL
l_5639186839ae804c50c4434968e4a085.jpg

l_8adb1e406670965f9d72f68726b9d7b5.jpg

l_f31083d8c1e035e427cb896ded053d68.jpg

me2u.jpg

FIREFOX!
My first and only screen used prop is kind of obscure. I had been looking for anything to show me the true color of the Firefox for making models with the correct paint scheme, a grail search for me,so of course, I would Google Firefox pretty much everyday. Well, one day I was searching images when this small thumbnail showed what looked to be a piece of the Firefox miniature, so I clicked it. The hyperlink took me to The Prop Store of London, and there it was, the wing tip from one of the screen used 1/12 scale Firefox miniatures. I immediately put it on layaway..and a few months later I had it shipped..Still very proud of it and for now til I can make an appropriate display for it , have it tucked away. After researching it out, this is a wingtip piece from Voskovs plane, the one that gets blown up at the end of the film.

Will

My first and most priceless screen-used prop is one of the post-Judgment Day skulls from Terminator 2. The story behind it is what makes it the most cherished. T2 is easily my favorite film, having sparked my interests in VFX and love for cinema at age 13, but it was a chance encounter with Stan Winston at a jazz club in Manhattan that led to me acquiring this gift prop. I was 16 at the time and went to the Iridium jazz club with my older brother when I spotted Winston at a table with another individual. Too embarrassed to approach, my brother walked up and explained how much of a fan I was. He smiled at me and asked me to come over where we talked for a good 15 minutes. One of the most cherished memories I have. A brief correspondence after the encounter resulted in me receiving this screen-used gift from SWStudios. I smile to myself every time I pass it in the hallway. :love

1zdlret.jpg

Last edited:
My first piece was the combo set of hero and stunt costumes that Harris Yulin wore in DS9's "Duet" as the tortured and conflicted Cardassian, Aamin Marritza. I bid figuring I would never win and I did. I was literally shocked. IMHO, this is DS9's finest episode and my personal favorite, so I could not pass it up.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back