Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it?

Well if i remember correctly,my first wasn't a prop but a wardrobe.
It was Arnolds prison outfit from Running man. It was the drab green jumpsuit with hard hat. And i think there was a shirts as well becasue he had the top half of the jumpsuit around his waist. Its been a while.
I wish i still had that. Sold it to Star Wares years and years ago.
My favorite piece was Bruce Campbells stretched appliance and Evil Ash's Bonehelmet from Army of Darkness. Sadly i sold both of those as well.

Wasn't sure whether to post in this thread as I don't have much. But for what it's worth:

I used to collect all the replica patches, and I eventually got one or two screen-used ones at fairs.

That was it for several years until my wife* recently bought me a Space:Above and Beyond pistol - the solid version, not the rubber one. It's not on display yet... I need to make some sort of stand for it.

She trumps me though, with her complete Gladiator praetorian costume. That stands proudly on a mannequin in the dining room!

*I love her very much. :love

Mike, your wife has good taste!

My first screen used (prop/wardrobe) piece was also a Praetorian Guard from Gladiator.

Well technically it was just a Praetorian Guard metal sword, but I "had to" have the rest of the costume to display the sword... right?

Now he proudly protects my replica sci-fi prop collection.

My first screen used prop was one of the locator spiders from Minority Report. I used to be a collector of limited edition dvds and liked to enhance my displays with the odd statue or model but when looking for a scale model of the Lexus concept car from MR, I came across this on Evilbay. I didnt go for it the first time around but when the guy listed it a second time for a far better price, I swooped and won it. This was my first prop and after that.....everything changed. Out went the fancy dvds, in came the props!! :thumb:

1006310.jpg

1006311.jpg

I have been working in the film industry for 22 years. I started collecting stuff a few years ago and before that, when I saw stuff, I never had that "I have to have it" feeling. I just thought, cool stuff. For instance, back in the late '80's my boss at the time was a guy named Bob Keen who was the workshop supervisor for Stuart Freeborn on Jedi. He was in charge of Jabba the Hutt and had worked on a ton of movies before I worked for him. Very cool in itself. I remember the first time I went to Bob's house he showed me his 'junk' room. It was a 6 x 10 room filled with all the stuff he had collected over the years. Little things like an original Taun Taun head from Empire, masks from the '70's Flash Gordon, a couple unpainted skins of Yoda, miniature pieces from Aliens, stuff like that. It was literally in a big pile on one side of the room. At the time I was like 'cool, but what a mess' now I would wet myself. I have no idea if he still has all that stuff.

Oh, by the way, my first screen used piece was the CIA break-in equipment in the Fairfax Fire Dept case from Mission Impossible i picked up in '02. Sadly, I dont have it anymore.:cry

flash gordon (1980) gold rifle... I saw it on ebay and couldn't resist. I've been hooked ever since. :) i've had quite a few things that i bought and sold as i focused down the collection... Right now it's mostly flash stuff, stuff from kevin smith flicks, and some wrath of khan costumes.

image.aspx

image.aspx

Nice!!!

My first screen-used prop was a rulebook from Doctor Who - Paradise Towers (1987?)

I bought it at a convention auction and it comprised a basic paperback, some green sticky-backed plastic for the cover, black card for the inner ,and one of those tacky red ballpoint pens on a spring flex designed to stick on your phone. Plus some letraset.

I sold it several years ago, but now own a pair of Doctor Who banknotes from The Runaway Bride.

Cheers

Doug

My first screen used prop was a wooden rifle used in Beneath the Planet of the Apes back in 1973. Price: $20

Soon followed by a complete hero Apes gorilla costume. Price: $100

Still got 'em - but boy do I miss those days!

Ron

My first was a rifle from "V'. I think I walked around the house with it and studied it over and over. A couple of years later I got a "V" pistol to go with it. I remember thinking when I got both "this is it!? These screen used props are kinda pieces of crap!" What is weird about them that if they are sitting in a weird way in the garage in the heat they start to warp. But heating them up just bends them right back into shape. I'll have to dig them out of a box in storage and take some pics someday.

I love the flash Gordon props the GOLD Rifle is way cool! Thanks for Sharing the photos !!! :love

OK ... I am also envious :cry

I appreciate those who share the collection - at least in photos. Those who horde and hide their collection only takes away from their own enjoyment. Let others appreciate what you have collected.

Thank you. You ROCK !

cool stuff over here.
My first ones I owened were some Miniatures Stuff for Roland Emmerich´s "The Patriot", THAT I BUILT. And the first screen used prop I bought has been this back in 2002:

I´m sure, you Guys know from what movie this comes from:)

cool stuff over here.
My first ones I owened were some Miniatures Stuff for Roland Emmerich´s "The Patriot", THAT I BUILT. And the first screen used prop I bought has been this back in 2002:

Sir, One would say that's a nice glove..

cool stuff over here.

Oh my.
That is one of the nicest things I've seen in a while.
Was just watching the movie again last week. :thumbsup

I just recently purchased me first screen used prop, Bud "Runner" Conley's USMC ring from The Pacific. I've always been extremely interested in props, but just can't afford another hobby right now. BUT, when I saw Prop Store's Pacific auction, my love for the show took over, and I grabbed the relatively cheap ring, made my own display for it and put it up on display.

Pac.jpg

(pardon the crappy cell phone pic & reflection)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back