9 Movie anyone making replica dolls from this new tim burton film?

or better yet does anyone have good reference material? I want to make one of these guys but so far all ive seen is a bunch of screwy looking dolls with friggin GOOGLY EYES!!!

anywhoo anyone here making, gonna make or seen some good replicas?

Revo

I saw they came out with action figures (of all 9 characters i think)

I did love the design of these little guys...would love to see some of the talented artists here tackle them!

following this thread with interest

Haven't seen anyone tackle these yet but I don't think it would be *too* difficult to do. An armature inside would definitely be the way to go, IMO

I think NECA only made 1 and 9, both of which I have. Nice figures, but all plastic. I'd like all nine...

I saw they came out with action figures (of all 9 characters i think)

I did love the design of these little guys...would love to see some of the talented artists here tackle them!

following this thread with interest

Before the movie came out, I was planning on making a full size 9 doll using the most SA materials possible. So I have a lot of reference pictures, details, materials and such....just no actual doll.

Sure.

Here's the album of the pictures taken from trailers and such.

For some information:
-I calculated the figures to be 10.5"-12" tall
-I found a perfect zipper: Coats & Clark Brass Jeans Zipper, Black, 7", Price Code Z29, Art. F.27
-The skin is burlap, the hands metal back with wood palms, the fingers are also metal, the knuckles are small machine screws, copper wire wrapped around the wrist, the eyes are small metal tubes with rings around them.
-A good ski mask type pattern would be great for the head.

I'm sure I could answer some questions if you have any.

Re: 9

Not the dolls but I am making his staff with the bulb. Mostly for private collection tho. Its a really cool movie and I am sure will become a cult classic.

Every try and SEW Burlap?

Sure have. Exhibit A, my scarecrow mask:
profilepic4306_2.gif

Also, for the 9 dolls, I have a burlap with a really tight weave, so it would be less of a problem. Further, I think if you used a backing (like the kind used in upholstery), sewing issues would decrease more.

Every try and SEW Burlap?

I don't really think im gonna sew the burlap. the weave of the material is too loose to really capture the type of "sewing" that is shown on the doll. i think i would try to lay the burlap on the form and then use faux sewing to achieve the look of a hand stitch. actually sewing it would make it look like a plushie doll and very crappy IMHO

Revo

Sure have. Exhibit A, my scarecrow mask:
profilepic4306_2.gif

Also, for the 9 dolls, I have a burlap with a really tight weave, so it would be less of a problem. Further, I think if you used a backing (like the kind used in upholstery), sewing issues would decrease more.

Ok Ill buy that....but..try and do it to fit a 15 inch person.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back