optimus prime, 6'8 replica

Wow, looks great. I can't wait till you start making kits and offering them to buy. :lol

One can dream.

Hi Colin!!!

Glad to see you are posting on this forum. As always, your work is fantastic!

thanks silent phantom, As always your support is awesome!!

Wow, looks great. I can't wait till you start making kits and offering them to buy. :lol

One can dream.

thanks Al, man i would love to make kits, maybe a smaller scale, would be cool though,

Oh wow, that is outstanding. Excellent job :D

thanks warmachine, glad you like him, thanks for the kind words,

wow this thing is sick...I'd love to have that Optimus head sitting on my shelf....

thanks jasoncash, glad your impressed, im really proud of prime,

Ive been watching the progress of this project since the first post. This is absolutely stunning!:cool

Gonna do Megatron next then?:love

thanks polsnulspace, its really nice to hear you've been following my build, thanks for the support, i'd never say never about megatron, but i think im going to be tide up with prime for now!

Wow, this looks great :D

thanks jackisblack, glad you like optimus, thanks for the support:thumbsup

This looks great...awesome job!

This is an awesome build. :eek Thanks for sharing.

thanks for the kind words and support heres some new pics, one leg has been painted, ive also painted the small section under the pelvis and sorted out the canisters that run down the side of primes legs they actually started out as ashtrays and steel canisters,just got to start adding the detail now, but am going to get the other leg in blue first.
all the best
colin

hi guys
heres the latest pics, both legs now in blue, just the top part to do, back panels i made are on, as are the reflectors, just got to add all the vents,chrome detail and a bit of weathering
all the best
colin

very cool...i need to make me a Prime and megatron head,,heck all of the heads would be great soundwave,....

hi, thanks for your comments, watch this space as im currently planning something along these lines,

Incredible work!! Couldnt believe that you can build a large scale Optimas by youself!!

hi thanks for the kind words, yep its all my own work, hence the time its taken to build, currently 2 years now, but the hard work is finally paying off, and once the legs are done i will start on a base for prime to stand on....watch this space!

hi guys
heres the latest pics, both legs now in blue, just the top part to do, back panels i made are on, as are the reflectors, just got to add all the vents,chrome detail and a bit of weathering
all the best
colin

Very, very good! Looking more and more like Optimus!
3-1.jpg

Very, very good! Looking more and more like Optimus!
3-1.jpg

thanks MooCriket, as always mate thanks for your support on prime, and i love that Toy of prime, thats what ive based my prime on, any heres the latest.

progress is moving swiftly now as i have everything to hand, top parts of legs are done, to get the dirty used look, i first sprayed in black, then satin chrome, then another silver a darker shade, finally once dried i used burnt seinna ink, to add a slight dirty look, then i cut a strip of ali into smaller strips to start the smaller vents at the top of the blue area on the legs, added knee joint, sprayed in gold first,then silver, then dirtyed using two shades of ink, finally using ali paint ive weathered the egdes to give prime a used look, heres the pics guys, still plenty to do,as have stuff on order, nearly there!!
all the best
colin

Every time I look at this thread, it makes me want to try this myself. This is my ultimate childhood hero come to life, and I love it!

The detail you have going on Optimus Prime is fantastic. Can't wait to see what he looks like standing in a complete paintjob.

Every time I look at this thread, it makes me want to try this myself. This is my ultimate childhood hero come to life, and I love it!

thanks blownhemi, as always thsnks for you continued support on this build, and please try it, build MEGATRON!!!!!! i command you!

The detail you have going on Optimus Prime is fantastic. Can't wait to see what he looks like standing in a complete paintjob.

thanks elscotto, glad you like prime, im trying to capture the g1 look i love, and the detail from the dreamwave comics too, looking forward to unveiling him to you all, heres some more teaser pics

This oozes awesomeness! Great work!

thanks weaponx82, glad your impressed, heres some new pics for you

as you can see, ive been busy adding detail, just got to do the bottom vents, saving my pennies for the aluminuim strips to build those(similar to the grill from the cab) heres the latest,and as you can see,its nearly there!!
all the best
colin

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back