Lile Rambo First Blood Knife

IFA

Sr Member
Hi, could someone provide me with an estimation on how much Jimmy Lile Rambo 1 knives sell nowadays ?

Many thanks and happy new year.

Hello,

I love the Lile knives. I owned the "Sly II." It was the one he released right after "First Blood" with a few changes. Only Stallone got the original 6 knives. The "Sly II" was made for collectors after the movie, but had a slightly different finish to distinguish it from the original screen-used knives.

Does the knife have a red dot next to the "Lile" name on the base of the blade? Jimmy Lile passed away several years ago. The "Lile" company put a red dot next to the Lile name for every knife made after his death. The ones "without" the red dot were personally made by him. The ones "with" the red dot were made by someone else after his passing.

You'll get top dollar for the knife without the red dot. Probably anywhere from $600.00 to $1000.00 depending on the collector.

Hope that helps. :)

They (no dot/real Lile) have been running more like $1,500-$2,000 on eBay. I'd love to have one, but not on my salary :)

Alex

Hello,

I love the Lile knives. I owned the "Sly II." It was the one he released right after "First Blood" with a few changes. Only Stallone got the original 6 knives. The "Sly II" was made for collectors after the movie, but had a slightly different finish to distinguish it from the original screen-used knives.

Does the knife have a red dot next to the "Lile" name on the base of the blade? Jimmy Lile passed away several years ago. The "Lile" company put a red dot next to the Lile name for every knife made after his death. The ones "without" the red dot were personally made by him. The ones "with" the red dot were made by someone else after his passing.

You'll get top dollar for the knife without the red dot. Probably anywhere from $600.00 to $1000.00 depending on the collector.

Hope that helps. :)

Sorry, certainly my bad english but I wanted to have an estimation on the price of a Lile First Blood (even one of the 800 unnumbered made) not because I'm selling one but because I could be interested to BUY one !!
Sorry......and thanks for your help guys.

Sorry, certainly my bad english but I wanted to have an estimation on the price of a Lile First Blood (even one of the 800 unnumbered made) not because I'm selling one but because I could be interested to BUY one !!
Sorry......and thanks for your help guys.

A screen used one could fetch anything in the region $250.000 or even more, as one has never surfaced we wont know. The original 14 tooth knives (not the original screen used ones) can fetch in the tens of thousands of dollars. If your like me, you can get a pretty good handmade one from knife makers like Andy Wood, Britt from Blackstarr Knives, or Ray Matton, Ray made mine for $1.200. Can can also if you want a display knife, get a cheaper factory copy from United Cutlery.

Last edited:
A screen used one could fetch anything in the region $500.000 or more, as one has never serfaced we wont know. The original 14 tooth knives (not the original screen used ones) can fetch in the tens of thousands of dollars. If your like me, you can get a pretty good handmade one from knife makers like britt from blackstarr knives, or Ray matton, whos making mine for $1.200. Can can also if you want a display knife, get a cheaper factory copy from United Cutlery.

OK Raven, thank you very much. Does Ray Matton making you a copy of a "Lile : First Blood" or a completely different model, please ?

Thanks.

OK Raven, thank you very much. Does Ray Matton making you a copy of a "Lile : First Blood" or a completely different model, please ?

Thanks.

Its as close as your gonna get to the movie version, and at only $1,200, I paid an extra $150 for the screen accurate D2 steel.

Thanks Raven. I had found Ray's website but finally ordered one from Britt of Black Starr Knives. Will show pics ASAP :)

Amazing pics Raven...Ray is really making an awesome job !!
My blade from Britt was gone to Steve Kelly from SSKnives for grinding but he messed up the blade :-(
Britt must start a knew one...

I think Ray has a better design, much more "Lile style" than Britt, especially the depression under the fifth raker teeth !!!

Also, the pouch for the stone on the sheath looks way too big to my taste, no ??

Heres the finished sheath.

100_6958.jpg

100_6948.jpg

100_6935.jpg

100_6936.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back