Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

I don't think it's about hoarding info AJ, it's about the fact that some of us have been fans of this stuff since the film
came out, and although I'm not a collector and will maybe search for something every few months or so, some of these guys have spent countless hours looking for these shirts and the typical non-fight club fans probably don't even know the patterns or prints of the original shirts. Now just about anyone going on ebay looking for Brad Pitt or op-523 can come across this info that's taken for forever to learn. And although it's not very likely that someone on eBay searching for toucan shirt or maple leaf shirt is gonna find an original, it's not impossible. Regardless, I feel this over commercializing of fight club is really turning my stomach. You guys always fight me on the fact that Logan made the xmart jacket, but we've all seen how people will lie about just about anything fc related in order to make a buck.

I don't think it's about hoarding info AJ, it's about the fact that some of us have been fans of this stuff since the film
came out, and although I'm not a collector and will maybe search for something every few months or so, some of these guys have spent countless hours looking for these shirts and the typical non-fight club fans probably don't even know the patterns or prints of the original shirts. Now just about anyone going on ebay looking for Brad Pitt or op-523 can come across this info that's taken for forever to learn. And although it's not very likely that someone on eBay searching for toucan shirt or maple leaf shirt is gonna find an original, it's not impossible. Regardless, I feel this over commercializing of fight club is really turning my stomach. You guys always fight me on the fact that Logan made the xmart jacket, but we've all seen how people will lie about just about anything fc related in order to make a buck.

Jonathan A Logan isn't lying. The fact it was 16 years ago and he has worked on numerous projects since then his memory is probably fuzzy in some areas. I couldn't tell you what my hair style was back in 1999 although I could take a guess. JAL also has numerous film credits and works on just about every major production. He made the Owen Grady (Jurassic World Chris Pratt) leather jacket (its not a jacket but I cannot think what it is called but it is sleeveless and worn like one).

- - - Updated - - -

Aj there's no way you know all the brands from all the shirts used.

You would be surprised when one of the major Fight Club collectors lives about 15 minutes from me in Carefree, AZ.

Jonathan A Logan isn't lying. The fact it was 16 years ago and he has worked on numerous projects since then his memory is probably fuzzy in some areas. I couldn't tell you what my hair style was back in 1999 although I could take a guess. JAL also has numerous film credits and works on just about every major production. He made the Owen Grady (Jurassic World Chris Pratt) leather jacket (its not a jacket but I cannot think what it is called but it is sleeveless and worn like one).

- - - Updated - - -

You would be surprised when one of the major Fight Club collectors lives about 15 minutes from me in Carefree, AZ.

It's a waistcoat! :thumbsup

I believe information should be shared not horded. How about this one? Lilly Dache is the brand name of the Maple Leaf shirt. If you search hard enough you can probably find it on the internet.

In fact, if anyone wants a list of all the different Fight Club brands I can share them.

Oh and regarding the Toucan shirt, yes I own the entire stock of MaxCady. If any RPF members missed out on it and would like one I can match Max Cady's price and ship it to you for free. I own every single size. International orders I cannot ship free. At least people in the US, would save you about 16-20 dollars on shipping.

AJ you're a trip man. Your choice of words always amuses me. You say you don't think info should be hoarded but on your listings you don't mention who makes any of the stuff you sell. The kiss clothing shirts, the max cady shirts, and the black sugar tank. You say they've all been in you secret " vault" lol. Second, you say you own all of max cady's stock and that in case anyone missed out on the shirt ( hello, maybe they missed out on them cause you bought them all? ). I'm just gonna stay quiet now and let everyone do what they want, I'm pretty much done with this forum. I just wanted to see some awesome shirts created and if or when I could afford one, I'd pick it up. Some of you don't care, but I do. It's a travesty what's become of Fight Club. What was suppose to be about guys wanting to have some shirts, sunglasses, and jackets from a cool film became this huge industry with cliche sales pitches and untrustworthy sellers. I've sold a few things to make some money but I'd never do some of things I've seen recently. I'm not joking when I say this, you are single handedly killing the meaning of Fight Club with your over the top dishonest sales pitches.

Btw I had another email from the guy selling the sugar tops he said his printer will be up and running in a few days

Excellent, good that he's keeping in touch. The missus and I are watching St Elmos Fire. It's utterly awful. However in one scene Rob Lowe is playing football and is wearing the same black thermal top as Brad wears in fight club except it has grey trim instead of red, there's some costume trivia for you on this Friday evening.

I feel a bit sad about how things have got. Don't know what to think really :/
its good that max caddy are making them and that AJ is offering us a discount but also feel sorry for people getting charged silly amounts on eBay.
people are entitled to do what they want I guess. Just wish I didn't known how much they are over paying ya know lol
like wish I didn't know what I know !

imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Yes hopefully anyone waiting for the sugar top it won't be too much longer now, I hope maxcady will make the black and red trim vest one day

Very nice Frodo. I like it. And if you fancy giving us your gift, that is very sweet of you.

I have to say there is a part of me that is rather moved by the empathy that members here are showing for people they don't know. However, as a friend said to me, A.J is just simply exploiting his knowledge for his own gains, and that's capitalism folks. IF we, like others on Ebay were not aware of the prices elsewhere, we would be buying them. If AJ had designed and made them and was selling them for these prices, we would buy them. Because we know where they come from and the prices, instinctively we feel empathy, or just annoyed because we didn't think of it first. I make a lot of money buying and selling vintage records. I know what I can get a lot for and buy it cheap to resell. They're worth the money I am selling them for, I just happen to get lucky when I find them cheap or buy in bulk. Is that wrong? Swings and roundabouts init?

sorry, I missed the main point I was trying to make. The problem is, is that the inflated prices aren't going to attract casual fans. We the hardcore know how much these things cost. If you look at AJ's auctions as far as I can see, he isn't selling anything (no offence bud), because those sorts of prices attract serious collectors and as far as I am aware, they're all here. That's my take on it anyway.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back