Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

I guess it will just require getting Jonathan to make the amendments you want and picking a leather that you think is the best. That will be an extra $100 though!

Like I've said many times, whoever tailored the original jacket, made the collar to very specific measurements never seen on any other Logan jacket. So either Logan lost the original pattern or he never had one to begin with, as just copied someone else's pattern to make the film jackets. Either way, it's absolutely possible to design a more accurate jacket if you have a better eye. It just requires an almost freakish obsession. Logan already said he couldn't get the exact leather, and Kaplan said he himself found the leather, so it's up to a fan to get it right. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I think that for $950, you can definitely find someone who can create a leather jacket for you. Just look at Tom and what he did.

Like I've said many times, whoever tailored the original jacket, made the collar to very specific measurements never seen on any other Logan jacket. So either Logan lost the original pattern or he never had one to begin with, and just copied someone else's pattern to make the film jackets. Either way, it's absolutely possible to design a more accurate jacket if you have a better eye. It just requires an almost freakish obsession. Logan already said he couldn't get the exact leather, and Kaplan said he himself found the leather, so it's up to a fan to get it right. :thumbsup The fact that the back stitch and location of the pockets on all Logan jackets doesn't match the screen used jacket proves Logan doesn't have any original pattern. But this is an old argument that I don't wanna get into. Especially with you guys who are Logan's best customers.

I dont think the leather can ever be the same. It would be like if I cut your hair and took the hair snd made it into a rope (if it was long enough and had enough). If the person the hair from was dead, you could never get that exact hair again. In this case, the animal the leather came from is gone.

I would have to learn about leather or ask JAL but unless there is grades (like there are meat, select, choice, prime) a person would have to figure out the grade of the leather.

I do believe the leather though was a very thin lambskin. One of my jackets is a very thin lambskin and I believe it has the movement and feel of the screen used.

I olan to have a jacket made with the pockets relocated at some point and I would want the thin leather.

I would really love to know if by being contracted by a studio to create a jacket for a film, do you lose creative ownership of the creation. Like if they hire you to replicate a costume designer's design or if you collaborated on the design with the costume designer, if you're breaking any rules by copying the exact design pattern 100% and selling it without consent from the studio. Wish someone could answer that. If it's a rendition then I don't see any problem, but when it's a straight copy from an original pattern I don't see how you could do it without it being licensed by the studio.

When it comes to clothing, copyright laws differ due to the utilitarian use of clothing in general. A designer can go into a thrift store and pick up a vintage piece from the 70's, then pick it apart stitch by stitch and copy the pattern exactly for their new spring collection, and there is nothing illegal about it.

The only thing you can't legally copy are logos, or specific printed artworks on the material.

When it comes to clothing, copyright laws differ due to the utilitarian use of clothing in general. A designer can go into a thrift store and pick up a vintage piece from the 70's, then pick it apart stitch by stitch and copy the pattern exactly for their new spring collection, and there is nothing illegal about it.

The only thing you can't legally copy are logos, or specific printed artworks on the material.

cool, thanks soul. I wonder what Logan's issue with Fox studios was then... Like why did he have to change the jacket name on his site if there are dozens of " Fight Club Jacket " jackets being sold. I never doubted Logan made jackets for the film . Who in their right mind would make such a claim if it was a lie? I just have those question about why they have differences from the screen used jackets

Soul, id consider you a tailor cause I see you take certain measures to cut your shirts in a stylish appealing way. Do you think the pocket placement may just be different because of the small size of Pitt's jacket? I guarantee that he was tiny when he made that film. I saw him last year in person and he still looked really slim but still way bigger than in FC

How tall was he danman? Heard so many stories on his height from 5'9-6'1

Aj people
argue for him from 5-9 to 6-0 like you said. I honestly can't see him over a strong 5-10. I think 5-9 is too low but a lot of people argue it because of those photos where he was standing barefoot next to Paltrow. I really don't see her under 5-9 and he looked
like an inch taller. It's hard to tell with someone with
such good proportions.

When I saw him in person if was at last year's afi film fest during the premiere screening of By the Sea. Angelina walked in to introduce the movie and he walked in with her. He was standing like five feet from the theater tunnel entrance while she went to the front of the stage. I wasn't close but he looked easily 5-11 to 6-0 in s tuxedo. Oddly enough he's body was unusually petite for what appeared to be an above average height guy. That's why people say he wears lifts.

Wore my Max Cady Motocross top out for the first time last night with my Logan jacket. They look great together. The top is really a nice fit. Hugs the shoulders and upper arms really nicely and collar which i thought was going to bug me, was really comfortable. Great top, if you haven't got one already, highly recommended.

Edit

Ok,just checked, he's totally sold out of all sizes. I'm assuming he'll restock at some point.

On a related note, looking at getting the maple leaf replicated in cotton. Shortening the collar a touch and lengthening the hem if possible. I love it but its a bit too short for wearing out and about. Especially as it's now turned colder in the UK.

Wore my Max Cady Motocross top out for the first time last night with my Logan jacket. They look great together. The top is really a nice fit. Hugs the shoulders and upper arms really nicely and collar which i thought was going to bug me, was really comfortable. Great top, if you haven't got one already, highly recommended.

Edit

Ok,just checked, he's totally sold out of all sizes. I'm assuming he'll restock at some point.

On a related note, looking at getting the maple leaf replicated in cotton. Shortening the collar a touch and lengthening the hem if possible. I love it but its a bit too short for wearing out and about. Especially as it's now turned colder in the UK.

Id recommend Maxcady making a regular cut of that maple leaf shirt. Regular length to wear it regularly and not as a costume piece. Like sure, if you raise your arms high you should get a peak of the belly, but not to the extent that it is right now. That's way too short. At least for me.

The prototype that he showed on the website was a regular length. No idea why he shortened it. I know it's 'movie accurate' but there could have been a choice. Not sure i want to spend another $99 if he offered a 2nd version.

I read fight club 2. It's definitely great for fans. It's mostly Palahniuk's typical dark humor. It explores alot of what Tyler is and his plan. I just wish it wasn't so over the top and took itself more seriously. I recommend it though, it's a fun read.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not that impressed with the leaf shirt. It's cut way too short. It would have been so much nicer if it were a normal size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back