Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Well I acquired two brand new OP523 titantium (ti). Mostly because I had never seem them in person before. I have a pretty big 523 collection now consisting of one 2009 brand new release 523, two 1998 523 original release, one brand new 1998 523 release from the owner of oliver people, and now the two titanium.

The titanium are said to not have the curve in the bridge (contouring) so I plan to compare and will update.

Ok, I'm tired of going back and forth on this...

On the Aero 54s in FC are the lens coral or the old tangerine Burnt orange? What does everyone here think and why?

I was told by OP by the same lady that most of yall talk to that the file says the old tangerine that's mor of a burnt orange. However, I kept hearing a lot of people's say it was coral. So, I called her back and told her and she said, "well the problem is the file list all the aeros that was made for the movie as well as the ones that Pitt had made personally, the burnt orange and the coral. And it's hard to tell from the film which he actually wore. But in looks to me like the burnt orange." So basically she don't know.

Does anyone know why or where the that they were coral started are came from? I ran into a lot of people on the auction site that said coral. One person even says that the one he has he bought when the movie was in theaters and was told that was the ones in the movie back then.

I do know that if you type in in Google image all together: "Brad Pitt Tom Cruise Nicole Kidman", that 20 pics come up with all 3 of them together from 97 or 98 and the Aero that Pitt is wearing is without a doubt a very vibrant Burnt Orange. But then I seen 2 or so pic of him with what looks coral.

What does everyone think and way? I know Soul has some with burnt orange and AJ has some with Coral. What do you 2 think and why?

Please help me out on this.

The pair I have aren't "burnt orange", they are a custom mix color.

The truth is, you will never get a definite answer on this because that info simply doesn't exist. One of OP's selling points is their ability to mix custom lens colors at the retail level, especially for the stars and for movies. These can be a one time custom mix, just like custom wall paint colors from the paint store. A few drops of this, a couple drops of that. There isn't a specific name for any of these colors. You can call it coral or burnt orange or tangerine, or old tangerine, or make up a name for the custom mixed color. It really doesn't matter. And the lenses used in FC were all custom color mixes. I'm doubtful OP even has these custom mixes on file still, and even if they did it won't be exact. Ever tried to match a custom wall paint color? You can get close, but it will never be exact. That's why they say to order enough paint to roll out a whole room, because if you have to make a trip back to the paint store and have them mix another batch, it's going to be a little off from the first batch every time. If your really interested in owning a set of lenses with as close a match as possible to the ones seen in FC, just ask kandi to custom mix you up a pair of orange lenses to match the screen used. She will get them very close. But I wouldn't pay much attention to anything else anyone from OP or opticsplanet forums or whoever claimed they worked on the movie, etc. It's all misinformation, rumor, and hearsay. Usually they are just trying to make the sale.

I know this, because Tyler knows this.

I totally agree with you Soul, with the mixing, and the not ever really know. Kandi is the one that I talked to at OP and she's the one that said the file says burnt orange and Pitt having Coral and that she couldn't really tell from th film because the filter is so dark. She made me some of the custom orange lens like yours for my 54s and 57s. I do know that there's a pic of Pitt on set walking in the Indy shirt and the red jacket and he's 2nd ring his aeros and the are definitely Orange and not coral; I'll try to attach the pic.

I appreciate your input Soul.

598da2cb1a8f42139d148295ac42eda3.jpg

598da2cb1a8f42139d148295ac42eda3-1.jpg

Any one else have any input?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Same orange reddish tint. Just different lighting. He only had one aero at that time. And soul is right about everything he said. Don't listen to anything op tells you.

they're selling the 523 titanium for about $468 on the auction site. Told you guys they were still being manufactured in Japan. Some dude is already selling them for $950 lol.

they're selling the 523 titanium for about $468 on the auction site. Told you guys they were still being manufactured in Japan. Some dude is already selling them for $950 lol.

Yeah I bought two to check them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting thing about this new batch of 523 ti, they are engraved now instead of printed on the arms.

What is interesting about that? Because it is an older process?

The older ti models were just screen printed white ink on the arms. Now they are engraving them. Wouldn't be to hard to just leave off the "TI" part. I'm sure we will start seeing more pop up soon.

Which ones are engraved? I haven't seen them. Aj when you get the Ti id love to see the side by side comparison of the 98 and Ti models

I plan to but what is odd is that they haven't shipped yet. (Which I am not worried about because of Paypal / Ebay protection) -- But yeah I want to see how they all compare to my 1998's and 2009 523's.

The seller lists up to 10 business days and I even asked them how many in stock they had. (They said two) so I purchased both and then what is odd is they listed two more. I dunno we shall all see. Very strange how a bunch of people listed them.

Ah wow, this clears up so much confusion I had.

Well, I bought a pair of 523's a bit ago, knowing full well they didn't have a 5 prong hinge, which I had heard from 3 people was probably a batch 2 of originals. Probably not true now. I had decided to go against the popular opinion that they were not originals as the seller also had a 5 prong hinge pair up at the same time. They both looked EXACTLY the same in the pics he posted except for the hinges.

I asked OP Sunset Blvd about getting new lenses and they said they thought there were remakes but I was really confused since all the Ti's had printing on them. I figured I had some confusing enigmatic pair of glasses. Mine have engraving on them, including the measurements on the bridge.

Thought they were originals as I was led to believe by 2 major eBay sellers and someone from opticsplanet. Guess they are new Ti's. That'd explain a lot. I paid waaay too much for them too. Lesson learned I suppose…

edit: Just to clarify… mine do NOT say Ti anywhere on them. They say 62[]18 on the bridge, and "120 S OP-523" on the left arm.

It is engraved, however I have noticed that my original deadstock 525's which I bought directly from OP LA have a slightly more matte finish to them and the engraving is almost "raised" a bit as if when they engraved, the engraving machine pushed some metal up slightly. The OP-523's don't look raised, but neither did the 5 prong hinge pair he had listed. And you can tell in a photo that the 525's are raised, I am quite sure. I'll need to double-check that, but I'm pretty positive it's noticeable in a photo.

In fact, what struck me as odd when I talked to OP LA about this is that the 523's appear to actually be of higher overall quality than the 525's.

Is it possible then, that there are also 5 prong hinge "new Ti's?" But if that were true, then why make a 3 prong pair AND a 5 prong pair?

I don't want to accuse anyone here, but this whole thing has confused me for a while now and suddenly it's starting to make a little more sense…

Last edited:
It's hard to say what's legit or not these days. I say buy them if you like the style and wear em. But if your paying more than $400 for any pair of OP523 then your probably paying too much. I just don't consider them collectible anymore since they are still being produced and offered all over the place.

Still don't know what you guys are talking about. I haven't seen any Ti with the engravings. And never seen any with bridge measurements.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg The hinges on the Ti are different than all other 523. The middle hinge points out. Like it flares out. All other 523 hinges are round. These are from the Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg These are from the 09 rerelease

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back