Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg This could look so cool if it could be customized to look like Durden's blazer

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg I wish a leather pro could explain why the sleeves on xmart' jacket and the screenused jacket stay thin and flat when they're hung.

Hey you guys know how the xmart jacket had felt behind the pocket flaps and collar. Can you AJ or smirk as Logan if he can remember if he made all the filmjackets with the felt or if he remembers if wires were inserted into the lapel and collar for shaping. I recently sold a John Varvatos blazer which had a cool wire detail inside the lapel and sleeves so you can shape them however you want. Just a thought.

theyre flat because they've been packed away for years with other stuff on top. Only regular wear will really make them look 'worn' again. there was no wire in X-Marts jacket.

The x-mart jacket had felt on the backside of the collar. On the backside of the pockets, that were seam - the same Material likes inside the jacket.
i made a replica like this...
Tom

So Tom owned the xmart jacket and says that behind the collar and pockets, the jacket had felt, and Logan says he made the xmart jacket, but he doesn't remember making the jacket with the felt? Could the screen worn jacket have been made with felt? What's the story? So Tom is saying the back of the collar sad made with felt and the back of the pockets were made with the same material used for the inside lining. Interesting. Seems like the jacket was made simply for on camera. Not needing to show behind the collar
or pockets. A very very unique detail cause I've never seen any leather jacket ever to have that detail. Seems more
like something made in a costume department rather than one of Logan's typical jackets. Regardless who made the jackets, they were obviously made with screen time the biggest concern

View attachment 508797View attachment 508794View attachment 508795View attachment 508796View attachment 508793 I wish a leather pro could explain why the sleeves on xmart' jacket and the screenused jacket stay thin and flat when they're hung.

Because both jackets were painted and like Smirking said it was laying flat. Kind of like hair, if you wear a hat all day it is gonna be flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey you guys know how the xmart jacket had felt behind the pocket flaps and collar. Can you AJ or smirk as Logan if he can remember if he made all the filmjackets with the felt or if he remembers if wires were inserted into the lapel and collar for shaping. I recently sold a John Varvatos blazer which had a cool wire detail inside the lapel and sleeves so you can shape them however you want. Just a thought.

There was no felt on the screen used jacket I inspected it pretty thoroughly. The only thing I wasn't allowed to do was take it off the rack -- Jonathan's name is on the inside of the jacket according to him. I would love to see that.

AJ when you talk you talk like you know things for a fact. I appreciate your input but I have posed some good questions which can't be answered by you guys. The xmart jacket definitely wasn't painted how you say. It has paint marks but that doesn't mean the whole jacket was painted. Especially if the xmart color and screenused color
dont match. The sleeves on the screenused jacket lay flat too when hung. Even if that's because of paint, it still doesn't explain the xmart jacket which wasn't painted over. Did they allow you grab the jacket and flip the color and pockets to check under them? All I have is both of you explaining each other's statements. Ask Jonathan and paste his response here. He's never claimed to make the jacket when I asked him. If he told you guys otherwise I wouldn't be surprised since you're his best costomers

Lol it's funny how I've been wondering about these things since 2000 and you guys answer quick like you know more than Logan himself lol

I didn't have to hold and flip the undersides, the worker there (the manager) used their flashlight on the inside of the sleeves (Per Jonathan's request to me to know what lining he had used) and I also had looked under the lapels (which was leather) as there is a slight gap between the lapel and the leather.

I even asked questions about it and the manager said the people came in everyday to "service" the jacket (I forget the exact term he used) and that the jacket itself was stiff and fairly unwearable. That it was getting cracks and such in it.

The paint has really done a number on it over the years.

To be honest, I highly doubt he remembers even if we did ask. He has made 1000's maybe even 10,000's jackets over the years. I think he does over 50 movies, concerts, red carpet events, etc a year and produces a ton of products. He is the number one leatherworker in all of Hollywood and his time is in extremely high demand.

The things we do have from him are the original pattern and the muslin from Brad Pitt which is an exact copy and measurements of the jacket Brad Pitt wore. The muslin was what they used for the measurements to create the jacket.

This is something really personal that I wouldn't ask of him but I do know he has a book of polaroid photos from a lot of his old gigs. Jennifer Aniston, Tom Hanks, some famous rock singer (I think it was Lenny Kravitz) as he shared this with me, and of course Brad Pitt during the set of Fight Club.

He has like tons of these books and quite a few pictures. I wonder if he had any of the old polaroids of the original jacket during the making or any shots of it. Granted they didn't have camera phones back then but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I would never ask the guy to upload his personal photos and also given his status he could possibly get into trouble sharing such photos ever on the internet.

AJ when you talk you talk like you know things for a fact. I appreciate your input but I have posed some good questions which can't be answered by you guys. The xmart jacket definitely wasn't painted how you say. It has paint marks but that doesn't mean the whole jacket was painted. Especially if the xmart color and screenused color
dont match. The sleeves on the screenused jacket lay flat too when hung. Even if that's because of paint, it still doesn't explain the xmart jacket which wasn't painted over. Did they allow you grab the jacket and flip the color and pockets to check under them? All I have is both of you explaining each other's statements. Ask Jonathan and paste his response here. He's never claimed to make the jacket when I asked him. If he told you guys otherwise I wouldn't be surprised since you're his best costomers

I already posted his response here over a year ago. I spoke to him about it the day I met x-mart and saw the jacket. He said they bought him a selection of vintage jackets with little details they wanted and he made the jacket from their specs. When you look at the jacket next to other Logan designs it is very obvious that he made it. The stitching around the collar is very similar to the 24 Jack Bauer jacket I have which is just a shortened Se7en jacket which was 2 years earlier. Yes, JAL is going to tell me the truth, because I speak to him like a friend AND spend a lot of money.

I can't for the life of me from find a picture of the screenused jacket from the back. There are none online. I'm trying to find any pic like from the Hollywood costume exhibit. There's a new detail I found that I'd like to compare. I saw the jacket right in front of me but I didn't know to
look for this detail. Sucks

Hey soul, wondering if you can help me out. I know you've been able to get some really good hi-def images through either blue ray or by editing the pics yourself. I'm trying to get a good look to see if the screen used jacket had a specific seam detail on the lower back side. As you can see in the images I've posted, the original xmart jacket differs from Logan's manufactured jackets and I wanted to know what the screenused jacket has. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg As you can see, there is about 1.5" of separation from the pocket and the horizontal seam that comes from vertical back seam. The horizontal seam does not come straight to the pocket, instead it meets the vertical seam that comes straight from under the arm pit. That vertical seam is separated from the pocket by the 1.5" i
mentioned. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Yes it does have it. I noticed it last time I watched the film. The scene outside the bar with the first fight when tyler is lifts his arm to smoke, you can clearly see it. I didn't get a proper chance to snap the seam on the xmart jacket, but on that particular jacket, it stops short of the pocket. It's actually a touch lower on the jacket. It should meet the pocket flap but didn't on that one. Hopes this helps.

the picture of x-marts jacket you've posted above clearly shows this detail.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back