Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Interesting that he'd say Pitt specifically requested to have the shoulder measurement be made wider/broader. I've been saying his jacket was pretty wide at the top and that's what gives it that hanging baggy look. Wonder if it was just so he could look wider or if he wanted a specific look. It was definitely tailored very well. Sometimes it looks big, sometimes it looks like a perfect fit. It always seemed like it was wider at the back and that the front of the jacket hung pretty out. Like if it wouldn't have buttoned up pretty good. It would've been cool to see a photoshoot with the jacket buttoned up, but I guess that's not what they were going for. Probably also had to do with them wanting all the shirts to be visible.

And yea, I always thought that jacket Smirk got from eBay, his last one, was badass. Broken in perfectly. I can see how it's his favorite. It definitely has that rugged, vintage - distressed Durden look, but not as distressed as on old jacket. I can sometimes tell when a jacket has been wet, cause the leather wrinkles and swells up in a particular way.

it is perfect, like the film jacket it's quite wide. and it's sort of 'molded'. The collar stays where you shape it, it's a perfect colour in my opinion and hangs perfectly.

It would look a lot better if i wasn't such a tubby *******! But hey, you can't have it all.

it is perfect, like the film jacket it's quite wide. and it's sort of 'molded'. The collar stays where you shape it, it's a perfect colour in my opinion and hangs perfectly.

[url]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/loverpants_2007/motocross_zpsswvmtpdu.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/loverpants_2007/20140823_180547_zps9c27a60d.jpg[/URL]

It would look a lot better if i wasn't such a tubby *******! But hey, you can't have it all.

Awesome! After I tried it on I was sold on getting one made.

Your jacket has the same flat sleeve shape that door's has. Same as the screen used. The screen jacket was wet during the scene where it's raining hard. I've wet a 70's 80's reed sports wear jacket I had, but it didn't come out like that. I'm sure it has to do with the good leather Logan uses. Don't know for sure, but your jacket looks like standard calf. They're tougher and can endure the water better. If you look at the way the sleeve openings look on yours and door's jacket, you'll see that it's the way the jacket is suppose to look to give off the vintage rugged look

All this talk of jackets and how much i love it, this is what i am going to wear today

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/loverpants_2007/20170216_232522_zpsnqkeop6s.jpg

If you want to buy the jacket, just best to order one through Jonathan's website. For you want to ask him questions or make any changes best to call him first. He's a nice guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Or speak to Door who is a member here. He was looking to sell his a while ago.

So I went on the JAL website. The jacket looks beautiful! After backreading both this thread and other sites, it seems as though the JAL version isn't perfect either. Are there any modifications that are recommended that JAL perform, or is the stock jacket good enough?

image.jpeg Cool pic I found on instagram

So I went on the JAL website. The jacket looks beautiful! After backreading both this thread and other sites, it seems as though the JAL version isn't perfect either. Are there any modifications that are recommended that JAL perform, or is the stock jacket good enough?

I have 3 of the stock jackets in different leathers. I think they're perfect with one exception. It is totally minor, but it is worth pointing out as it could make the entire jacket look totally different. The are folds behind the pocket of the jacket that run to the back seam on both sides. It has been noticed that the screen used jacket has ever so slightly longer folds in the leather. I believe SoulIntertia posted a picture of a comparison a few pages ago. If you get in contact with Jal, i would definitely show him that picture and get him to slightly alter the pattern. However, if you're not that fussy, the stock pattern is perfectly fine.

Basically, what it would do is push the pockets about an inch further forward. And the seam that runs down from the front of the jacket and hits the pocket flap would have to be moved as well. Might actually be quite complicated, I know nothing about making clothes!

He is very accommodating and it wouldn't take much for him to alter it like that, it wouldn't be any additional cost. if you do go for it, i would suggest posting pictures here so that we can compare.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new to the thread. Love the pieces you guys have collected, some impressive work. The jacket he Tyler wears on the plane is still one of my favs though. Always keeping an eye online for something similar. Love to see a replica.

Why not have a go at replicating one yourself. Although I have no idea how much that would cost. I know Magnoli Clothiers would do one for you. A couple of hundred dollars maybe.

Why not have a go at replicating one yourself. Although I have no idea how much that would cost. I know Magnoli Clothiers would do one for you. A couple of hundred dollars maybe.

Yeah I was thinking of giving it a shot but have no idea how to tailor a jacket. I was looking at trying to find a similar jacket online and adding the stitching and white trims maybe. It seems quiet hard to get double knit polyester also.

There are two options here.

You could find a company that replicate patterns digitally onto any cloth you want. But it’s getting the pattern correct. it has white accents on the pockets for example, which may need to be added separately. But once you have the fabric, you then have a tailor replicate it for you. Alternatively, send photos of the jacket the Magnoli and he could do it for you. His suit jackets tend to be $300, give or take, depending on how complex the pattern on the fabric is to replicate. Well worth asking though as he has a wealth of experience. It’s a nice jacket, i would be very interested if there was a replica floating around. Or, depending on what your computer skills are like, try and design the jacket using some sort of design software (i have no idea, just spitballing) and then have it made. The guy who did the Black Sugar Tanks must have gone down this route.
Regards,

Thanks for the pointers. I'll def check out Magnoli Clothiers, they look legit. I'll keep an eye online too as I don't require an exact replica just something in the vein of Tyler's style. Something should pop up eventually. Found some great true vintage motorcycle tees online recently. I quite like the Kiss clothing playboy tank actually too, looks decent.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back