Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Wow, after 3 days I have finally caught up to real time in this thread.

I do work for a merchandising company and had lurked on the forum before looking for insight into details when certain licensors didn't have much graphic collatoral to provide, but this was the thread that prompted me to register.

First of all, Soulinertia, you are Legend. But the rest of you, man, you are insane in the best kind of way. You remind me of how obsessive I can get doing my job, never being satisfied with "Close Enough." I feel like if you guys had put this much effort into tracking down the Malaysian airliner on Reddit it would have been found in 2 weeks, and kind of hope that they never make FIGHT CLUB 2 based on the upcoming graphic novel, because there's no way it can ever earn back the love you all have for it.

Personally I like being inspired by the aesthetic of the film more than needing to own the exact same tint of the exact same lens, and I'd rather serve my own style than be influenced by a celebrity, but then again I have a lot of distressed leather jackets, track pants and Converse in my wardrobe, anyway. I already had a black puffer vest similar to the film's, for example, but before reading this thread I didn't even remember it being in FIGHT CLUB. (Maybe it got subliminally implanted in my brain like a frame of genitals...). And one of the biggest lolz I got was Soul's Eureka moment about the belt buckle a few pages back. I'm wondering if it's the same Harley Davidson #1 job I have.

But the other funny thing that happened over the course of the last few days is how my mind changed in terms of the JAL jacket, thanks to your collective efforts. These vendors really should hook you up with some sort of discount for your proselytizing, because I did a complete 180. My problem is that I am 6' 4", 210 lbs, so Brad Pitt sizes are never going to hang on me the same way. In fact I owned a version of the iconic jacket years ago -- don't even remember who made it -- but eventually sold it off. It didn't fit me right, and so I never really felt confident when I wore it. Instead of being a dude that really just loved the piece, I always felt like I was cosplaying as Brad Pitt. I think he's a good actor -- and ***** ******, I would totally drink his wife's bathwater -- but I'd rather be the best me than a third rate Tyler Durden, you know?

(Ironically, after I got rid of that I picked up a red moto cafe racer that didn't emulate anyone's style, only to have my friends start calling me "Starlord" after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY came out...)

Anyway, gradually, as I started making my way through this thread I began thinking "you know, I do live in LA, and if Logan himself custom fits me for one it would probably look much better than that old one..." I'm in NY until February but when I get back to town I won't lie, I'm probably going to make an appointment at his shop. And if I still don't like how it looks on me, I think I might even have him make me something in Yellow. (Because why not?) And that is cash money he would not be getting if it wasn't for your research and reporting.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Questions for you Pros, if you'll allow:

1) I wear size 13-14 shoe. Anyone have a line on Hodgmans or Red Wings that might fit? As I mentioned, I'm in NY but most of my wardrobe is for Southern California weather, and I have a feeling I'm going to need some boots soon.

2) Love the Max Cady pants, but I've got a 34" inseam and I'm not sure I trust Japanese sizes. Anyone think 2XLL will work?

3) The links to the business cards seem to be dead, and I'd love to have them to play with if anyone might be so kind.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 417020Found this image a year ago on Google images. Been trying to find it but the site it lead to had thousands of shirts and would take so long and would take so long to look through their whole site! . Think they just sell one offs.
anyone know any more?
has anyone else seen this?

Frodo - I've got good news and bad news: I've found the shirt. It's Versace (!) and £424 (!) and out of stock on their website.

Frodo, just a tip if you are trying to find the soure of an image. Right click the image, Search Google for this image. It will give you all the links where the actual picture can be found.

0ZF40q8.jpg
Late X-mas present for me, it's a little small, but i still love it.

Hey I want to order one of the Sock it to Me shirts from Maxcady, but I don't know what size to order. I know one should go up at least one size up but don't know if that is enough? I was wondering if anyone that ordered one can give me some input on whether to order the XL or XXL.

I am short 5'7 but have big deltoids (from lifting weights) and I am normally a large in all shirts. I would like to know if I should order the XL or XXL? I want a tight fit and not sloopy. But with the overseas sizes I am not sure if the XL will be big enough for my delts. So I am undecided to order the XL or XXL. Any input would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anybody know how to get in touch with Maxcady? I wanted to order more than one item and get combined shipping but one cannot do that on the bay unless the seller combines the shipping for you before payment.

Anyone have a contact for Maxcady?

Hey I want to order one of the Sock it to Me shirts from Maxcady, but I don't know what size to order. I know one should go up at least one size up but don't know if that is enough? I was wondering if anyone that ordered one can give me some input on whether to order the XL or XXL.

I am short 5'7 but have big deltoids (from lifting weights) and I am normally a large in all shirts. I would like to know if I should order the XL or XXL? I want a tight fit and not sloopy. But with the overseas sizes I am not sure if the XL will be big enough for my delts. So I am undecided to order the XL or XXL. Any input would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anybody know how to get in touch with Maxcady? I wanted to order more than one item and get combined shipping but one cannot do that on the bay unless the seller combines the shipping for you before payment.

Anyone have a contact for Maxcady?

I've found that with this seller, my usual size M is now XL in shirts, but my pant size (M) is the same. I'm 5'7" with 40" chest and 33" waist if that helps.

I've found that with this seller, my usual size M is now XL in shirts, but my pant size (M) is the same. I'm 5'7" with 40" chest and 33" waist if that helps.

That helps! Thanks!I

am 5'7 and I have a 29" waist and wear a 44-46 jacket size.. So I guess I will have to order the XXL. Just hope it is not to long.

Everyone looked for years. But the guy who was selling them on eBay didn't want to disclose and the guy in here who bought them from the guy on eBay didn't want to disclose either.

Woah!! Are you willing to disclose the designer? I've looked for years.

Yeah, I'll reveal them.

They're Dunhills. I'll say though, even with the designer's name, you'll be hard pressed to find a pair. They remain one of the rarest shades I've ever tried to track down. (I wasn't even the one that found this pair.)

Regardless, good luck on your hunt!

dunhill.jpg

Yo,

What are the markings (and or distinctions) of all the OP 523s over the years.

The originals 1998 have the 5 piece hinges, correct and the size on the nose piece; did any of the others? Also they were a little less "brushed" then the others; had a tad more shine?

The 2010 had 3 hinge and the size on arm?

What did the 2000 have?

Which had the 3 hinge without the size on the arm?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back