Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

FYI, the same company makes reproductions of all these models. All of them go for around $250-300 and can be purchased in pretty much any quantity you want.

allreplicas.jpg

Oliver Peoples Sunset
Oliver Peoples OP-523
Oliver Peoples Victory
Oliver Peoples Pakalas
Oliver Peoples Nitro
Oliver Peoples Benedict
Oliver Peoples Whistle

I found that website Soul, the one you posted all the pics from. And all The Fight Club glasses and Whistle are Sold Out. Did you notice that?

Just got the 1st order in from the OP rep from Asia. It, literally, only took 3 days to arrive using EMS shipping; that blew my mind. I'm making another order Monday, then I'll post the guys info for anyone who wants some glasses. Everything's 100% authentic, and legit.

Soul, you posted pics of some Sunsets, and the stamp on the arm, from a random company over seas. Can you, or someone who has a pair of originals, post pics of the original Sunset stamp from '98 so that I can compare the ones that I just received.

Also, Soul, AJ, or Dan were the lenses in the FC in the Sunset and the Aero the same; the "old tangerine"/ burnt orange?

Also, the 1st OP 523 made, did they all have 5 hindges? And which ones had the size on the nose? My Asian contact is holding me the last 2 pairs that he says are from the '90s, the 1st run. He did say that it's possible that 1 other location could have 1 or 2 pair left as well, and he'd let me know. I don't think he understood what I meant by 5 hindges. He said that they weren't originally offered with red lenses (which I confirmed with Kandi), that they have smoke lenses. I'm going to go ahead and buy them just in case because I trust him. However, I'd still like to know what the '98s exactly had stamped and where, and if they all had the 5 style hindges. He assured me they were the first ones ever made, and he's charging me the original price. He's been dead on honest about everything else so far. I just want to be sure.

So I am definitely in agreement with Soul about these glasses not being much of collectors items anymore seeing how I just purchase 3 pair of each from OP, and am more than likely about to get 2 original 523. To be honest, in my opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $400 for any of them, even the '98s. The OP523ti fit much better than the re released OP523; I don't know about the 98s, I've never seen any in person.

Thanks for yalls help

Last edited:
Thatd be great :) excellent find OB2
I always wanted the aero's!
Its lame when people scalp stuff and make it unreachable to fans.

Ob2 the original 523's had five prong hinges and the measurement on the bridge. They also came in a shinier metal. As far as the stamping on the original 523's and sunsets and aeros. All originals from the 90's had the model number, size, and logos actually engraved into the metal, not laser printed on. I've owned both the 523 ti and the Japanese reproduction sunsets and they're both great quality. The sunsets are pretty much indistinguishable except that the jap repros only come in brushed silver and the originals came in a few different colors. They're definitely the way to go if you don't want to spend $900 on sunglasses. I understand people like to collect originals but I've kind of had a change of heart recently and I now feel that if you're not a millionaire, spending $800 - $900 on sunglasses is absurd. But like tyler said " do what you like "

Last edited:
Dan, do you mean brushed silver or brushed gold. My guy says he has them in BG, Silver, and a black. He didn't say Brushed Silver. I got 3 pair of the Brushed Gold in yesterday. They're engaraved. He did wear brushed gold in the film, correct?

Appreciate the info on the 523s.

Here is all the info I can offer:

I have 2 pairs of '98 release. At least that is what I was told. One is in absolute mint condition. The other pair has some wear and tear. I do believe at least that pair is legit. Both have the stamp on the bridge of the nose and 5 hinge design. However, the markings on the arms are slightly different. This leads me to believe they were possibly manufactured with different jigs, or machines and most importantly different years.

Almost every FC collector I know has been told at one point in time by an OP rep that they had 1 or 2 rare original release op-523 available. This has been going on for 15 years, so draw your own conclusions about that. Just seems very strange to me. I remember 10+ years ago hundreds of people calling and exhausting every possible outlet for the OP-523. And this would seem especially true in Japan where they are even more obsessed with Brad Pitt than we are.

If your getting a pair of "original release" for $400ish or less then that is probably a fair price I guess. That's what I paid for mine. But like you said, I wouldn't pay more than that for any pair of OP these days. And you should be able to pick up a pair of Aero for way less than that. $1-200.

I don't believe the Aero lens color in FC is the same as the Sunset. However I have no conclusive evidence to prove this. I can say the lenses I have for both pairs are close to the same color, but visibly different.

All original release OP-523 do have the 5 hinge design. The 2000 release and ti models have the 3 hinge design. I also own a pair of 2000 release with the 3 hinge design. These DO NOT have the bridge stamp.

That is correct. OP-523 has only ever been offered w/red lenses for the 10yr anniversary release by Luxottica in 2009 after they bought OP. All other red lenses have been installed aftermarket.

Just got the 1st order in from the OP rep from Asia. It, literally, only took 3 days to arrive using EMS shipping; that blew my mind. I'm making another order Monday, then I'll post the guys info for anyone who wants some glasses. Everything's 100% authentic, and legit.

Soul, you posted pics of some Sunsets, and the stamp on the arm, from a random company over seas. Can you, or someone who has a pair of originals, post pics of the original Sunset stamp from '98 so that I can compare the ones that I just received.

Also, Soul, AJ, or Dan were the lenses in the FC in the Sunset and the Aero the same; the "old tangerine"/ burnt orange?

Also, the 1st OP 523 made, did they all have 5 hindges? And which ones had the size on the nose? My Asian contact is holding me the last 2 pairs that he says are from the '90s, the 1st run. He did say that it's possible that 1 other location could have 1 or 2 pair left as well, and he'd let me know. I don't think he understood what I meant by 5 hindges. He said that they weren't originally offered with red lenses (which I confirmed with Kandi), that they have smoke lenses. I'm going to go ahead and buy them just in case because I trust him. However, I'd still like to know what the '98s exactly had stamped and where, and if they all had the 5 style hindges. He assured me they were the first ones ever made, and he's charging me the original price. He's been dead on honest about everything else so far. I just want to be sure.

So I am definitely in agreement with Soul about these glasses not being much of collectors items anymore seeing how I just purchase 3 pair of each from OP, and am more than likely about to get 2 original 523. To be honest, in my opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $400 for any of them, even the '98s. The OP523ti fit much better than the re released OP523; I don't know about the 98s, I've never seen any in person.

Thanks for yalls help

Ok so I went to the exhibit and the costumes can be seen way closer then was seen in the Arizona exhibit. I was no more then two feet away from the fc costumes.

It's probably the same setup. I was inches away from the FC wardrobe in AZ. Even reached out and touched a few pieces when no one was looking.

image.jpg You're right soul. It wasn't as close as I remember. This is a shot of the exhibit layout. I guess seeing it so close in front of me made it seem closer then it was. Still super close. Didn't want to reach out or take any pictures. It's here forever so I'll have more chances of seeing it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back