Tyler Durden Shades

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 152
Ok guys I will be in LA tomorrow for a meeting with Jonathan A Logan on a secret project... lets call it Project Mayhem.

Anyways, any questions you guys want me to ask him? Any pics you need taken? Etc.

Hey guys I spent a few hours yesterday with Jonathan. Let me just say he is still the nicest guy ever. We looked at leathers, he showed me many photos of celebrities he has worked with and the jackets he created for them, and he had even a special surprise.

Jonathan showed me the original fitting jacket that Brad Pitt wore back in 1998. It is a cloth jacket that looks exactly like the mayhem (color and everything) that he used to fit Brad Pitt. Technically, this means Jonathan could make a Mayhem Jacket with the exact same measurements as Brad Pitt's to every single square inch. He could do this with the red jacket as well. This means if you want you can order the same exact jacket that is used on screen measurement wise.

He showed me some distressing techniques he has been working on and showed a few examples of jackets he has done this with. He has a few distressed mayhem jackets and yes they are for sale and look great. He aged the leather and beat them up to create the look.

I want to note he said do not put your jacket in an oven. He stated that doing so would cause the oils in the jacket to all shift to one spot which would then dry out the rest of the leather.

We also worked on stage one of painting leather like it was in the movie... what did he use first? Shoe Polish that adds a brown tone to the jacket. We did it on a few leather samples and I will have an update on this in a few weeks among other things :)

He also showed me the new default leather he uses, which is still a cow hide, but you can choose what you want. My first jacket's leather he has run out of (Not sure I have a picture posted but it is a darker brown Soulnertia has seen it) -- He uses an Italian leather and the new default leather is still just as gorgeous but maybe a little brighter then my first jacket. He chooses this in a cow hide because it has properties of brown and black like he painted the original jacket. Depending how it stretches and or moves you can see the different colors in the jacket. I attached a pic of my first jacket which is in a similar leather. The new default he uses is a little brighter but not by much.

374860_10151043417830405_519160404_21940903_1902006506_n.jpg

Spoke to Jonathan on Wednesday night. I am sending him my new ebay bought fight club jacket for a slight adjustment and a change of lining to the red paisley. He is also making me two other jackets. He is going to cover all the shipping costs for me because apparently I've got him so much business recommending people to him (?) for fight club jackets. He hears my name on a regular basis apparently. As Danman said before, that's service you just can't beat. What a awesome dude. Sorry, random post I know, but he's so lovely I had to tell you.

I can't wait to see some distressing and painting AJ! The distressed Mayhems sound awesome too. I would have done that had I known before. You should think about getting one, it would fit your body type well.

Rupe, that's awesome man! I can't wait to see yours with the lining. Also, what jacket is Jonathan making for you? He's really a great guy. Last time I talked to him on the phone he was saying he wanted to get a big picture of everyone in their FC jackets. That would be a sight.

He Is making me the vanilla sky jacket in deer suede and the 24 season 8 which comes in standard dark brown lamb. I'll post them in the members section of film jackets when they arrive. Should be a few weeks.

Thread needs some more Fight Club pics... I got something cool I can show off tonight will post pictures. It isn't jacket related just a heads up.

In the search for the right leather color, hang etc... I think this JAL jacket has it. Wonder why it has that nice "used" look that no one else can seem to achieve...

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Ebay links, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back