Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

More kicks . . .

20140505_235016.jpg

20140505_234442.jpg

20140505_234852.jpg

Didn't want to just come in here and be completely lost so I started at page one and read everything up to this point. You guys are awesome! Seriously, I've been looking for something like this for years and these are some fantastic finds and amazing recreations. To say I'm impressed would be quite the understatement. Sadly I have nothing actually from the movie besides the red leather jacket But I have a few Tyler looking shirts. I'm not a big fan of replicating the exact costumes for actually wearing on a daily basis but I live trying to mimic the style. Though I'd be more than interested in picking up a few of these shirts!

thats so funny Dan, I said that 5 years ago and you said "I've never wanted to something that shows of my muscles" LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Love that lining, I'll be going for that when I get a new one done this year. Thanks for sharing Dylan.

Glad you like it man. Much inspiration from you! I like the idea of having a screen accurate look at first glance but having personal details on the inside. I like the surprise of opening it and seeing something new.

Soul, were the converse in the middle a recent eBay purchase? I was piped to the post on some about a month ago and still haven't gotten over it :devil

Soul, were the converse in the middle a recent eBay purchase? I was piped to the post on some about a month ago and still haven't gotten over it :devil

I got the hi-tops a couple months ago. The ones on the far right in the pic showing the back are my most recent purchase, and the ones with the brightest red soles are the ones I hand painted quite awhile ago.

Ok guys some updates and information from JAL -- Regarding the lapel creases in the jacket, he isn't sure how they achieved that. He said it might of been from the paint. He cannot put those creases in.

As for the tapering, he says Brad Pitt's jacket is not tapered. He created a muslin sample for me because he would have to change the fabric slightly (Not the lining) to see if this is what I want. He says this changes the jacket somewhat. He says that to taper the jacket even after it is made would be something they would not have done. It requires taking the entire jacket apart and redoing it.

So I should get the muslin sample (It is basically a white fabric that you put on to illustrate how it will fit, think like a dress shirt) in the next day or two.

I am not sure if I will go the tapered route but I will see... it is a bold move if I do.

So I finally watched Fight Club for the first time last night...

I guess I`ve seen it more than a 150 times...I had times when I was working as a graphic designer for a garment factory...really boring job and I had fight club on repeat so I was just listening to it, now I know every single word :D

funny thing is you can watch it a hundred times and you always find something new in it that did not catch your attention before...

just a last update before completion...dont worry about the colours, I`ve setup the artwork in CMYK so it will be print ready and it shows these damn dull colours when I export it to jpeg. On the artwork they will be bright.

safetycard.png

I have something exceptional to show you guys today . . .

Remember when I said I found something that was going to help me finish the motocross shirt a while back?

Well, this is just one of the things I was talking about. I can't sit on it any longer . . .
16.gif

13986523467_4c2c9a83df_o.jpg

This is a true vintage motocross shirt from the 70's. It's the same manufacturer and print as the one seen on screen, (only positioned differently on the shirt) and it's just one of the items that's going to help me to achieve the exact colors, texture and construction for the replicas. Another member, who's also acquired some amazing stuff for his collection has offered his help as well in order to bring you all the ultimate Tyler Durden Motocross Shirt, Replicated to Perfection!

I also wanted to show off my jacket after the first stages of distressing. So far I've removed the buttons - I'm going to replace them with real custom aged wooden ones. I also took it outside and beat it on the rough concrete for about 5 minutes. Leather is amazingly resilient and it hardly looked like I had done anything at all. I also took a bit of sandpaper around the edges and corners - again barely noticeable. Then I put it in my heat press multiple times. This is where the grain broke down very quickly! I sprayed it with some water in various places before pressing it to leave some great water stains. You can see a couple of them on the sleeves. I had my press on at 325 degrees and it practically started melting the leather after only 5-6 seconds even with my silicon protector sheet! I got some good discoloration, dark spots and creases out of it. Right now I'm loving the way this jacket hangs! I've put about 2-3hrs into the distressing so far and I still have a long ways to go to get it where I want it.

I have something exceptional to show you guys today . . .

Remember when I said I found something that was going to help me finish the motocross shirt a while back?

Well, this is just one of the things I was talking about. I can't sit on it any longer . . . https://s.yimg.com/lq/i/mesg/emoticons7/16.gif

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5271/13986523467_4c2c9a83df_o.jpg

This is a true vintage motocross shirt from the 70's. It's the same manufacturer and print as the one seen on screen, (only positioned differently on the shirt) and it's just one of the items that's going to help me to achieve the exact colors, texture and construction for the replicas. Another member, who's also acquired some amazing stuff for his collection has offered his help as well in order to bring you all the ultimate Tyler Durden Motocross Shirt, Replicated to Perfection!

I also wanted to show off my jacket after the first stages of distressing. So far I've removed the buttons - I'm going to replace them with real custom aged wooden ones. I also took it outside and beat it on the rough concrete for about 5 minutes. Leather is amazingly resilient and it hardly looked like I had done anything at all. I also took a bit of sandpaper around the edges and corners - again barely noticeable. Then I put it in my heat press multiple times. This is where the grain broke down very quickly! I sprayed it with some water in various places before pressing it to leave some great water stains. You can see a couple of them on the sleeves. I had my press on at 325 degrees and it practically started melting the leather after only 5-6 seconds even with my silicon protector sheet! I got some good discoloration, dark spots and creases out of it. Right now I'm loving the way this jacket hangs! I've put about 2-3hrs into the distressing so far and I still have a long ways to go to get it where I want it.

The distressing looks great! I don't have a heat press unfortunately, but I'd be willing to mess with some options to pull off that creasing. As for the motocross shirt, bring it on!!!

If you come across any tips for distressing while you're working through the process, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'd love to hear about them!

Great looking jacket.

My muslin should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it's close enough that we can nail it down in one go and have the jacket finished by sometime next weekish. Very psyched for that!

edit: Oh by the way Soul, what kind of jacket is that anyway? Do you know what kind of leather? Who made it?

The distressing looks great! I don't have a heat press unfortunately, but I'd be willing to mess with some options to pull off that creasing. As for the motocross shirt, bring it on!!!

If you come across any tips for distressing while you're working through the process, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'd love to hear about them!

Great looking jacket.

My muslin should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it's close enough that we can nail it down in one go and have the jacket finished by sometime next weekish. Very psyched for that!

edit: Oh by the way Soul, what kind of jacket is that anyway? Do you know what kind of leather? Who made it?

I'll definitely be tracking the progress on my little jacket distressing project and sharing tips as I discover them. :thumbsup

This is just a cheap chinese/pakistani jacket I got in trade a couple years ago. It has no markings or tags on it of any kind. It's not entirely screen accurate, but I do like the color. I also wanted to practice on something that I wouldn't be too upset over if I ended up ruining it in the process. I'm pretty sure it's cow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back