Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

sportscompareNDTS.jpg

S U M M E R . . .

Does anyone have a straight on shot of brad pitt wearing the red button down jacket? With his arms down? Figured Soul might. Was trying to examine one other detail.

So did anyone else order or to plan to order a JAL jacket? I should get mine this week. Will post pictures. Think it may be the end of the week.

Yep, I did. I am putting a different liner in mine though. I asked JAL about changing the lining and if that would affect the hang or look and he said no it would not. So I'm putting a custom touch on that part. My fabric sample should be shipped out tomorrow, then I will finalize the fit (I can be picky so I wanted to be sure) and then he will make mine. If Jonathan sends you any pictures during construction I'd be curious to see those too.

I'm very psyched.

Think I found what I needed based on the pics I took of the screen jacket. But if someone posts will compare.

Don't have a pic for you unfortunately, but what are you comparing?

Last edited:
Yep, I did. I am putting a different liner in mine though. I asked JAL about changing the lining and if that would affect the hang or look and he said no it would not. So I'm putting a custom touch on that part. My fabric sample should be shipped out tomorrow, then I will finalize the fit (I can be picky so I wanted to be sure) and then he will make mine. If Jonathan sends you any pictures during construction I'd be curious to see those too.

I'm very psyched.

Did you go for the Paisley?

- - - Updated - - -

Think I found what I needed based on the pics I took of the screen jacket. But if someone posts will compare.

what detail are you looking for?

I'm very psyched.

Did you go for the Paisley?

- - - Updated - - -

what detail are you looking for?

Yep! I'm thinking a nice red on red paisley would do the trick. Here's the one I told Jonathan we would go with. Unless I have a change of heart before construction starts, this should be the one.

photo.JPG

It is supposedly iridescent. Should be sweet! I like having it screen-accurate at first glance but upon closer inspection having a personal touch to it. I think it will suit me well. Cheers for the inspiration!

I was looking at the taper on the sides and also the crease that starts at the top bottom. I am asking JAL to taper mine on the sides more and to add that crease that the screen jacket has. The crease that starts ar the top button and opposite side that exposes more chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep! I'm thinking a nice red on red paisley would do the trick. Here's the one I told Jonathan we would go with. Unless I have a change of heart before construction starts, this should be the one.

View attachment 323442

It is supposedly iridescent. Should be sweet! I like having it screen-accurate at first glance but upon closer inspection having a personal touch to it. I think it will suit me well. Cheers for the inspiration!

I see he sent you the sample I matched :). I wrote that sticky note of the 1 on the yellow paper.

Last edited:
As for what I was looking for, I am contacting Jonathan to do two more things for me. (But I found what I needed in the pictures)

1) I was going to taper the sides of the jacket more

2) I want him to heat press or however it is done to create that fold that starts at the button and button hole. I circled the areas I am referring to. I think especially number 2 if you want screen accuracy is important unless you just want a completely new jacket.

r11.jpgr22.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

By the way someone a while back was asking about the back of the Mayhem jacket. Wasn't sure if I posted these pictures my friend took. It is of the back and you can see the back of the newspaper pants as well.r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpg

That crease comes naturally if you wet the leather. I did it to one of jackets. Interesting to see how it comes out straight after finishing the jacket. also think lamb will fold over easier cause it's softer then cow. The seven jacket and 24 jacket are both lamb and they both fold over that way.

The lamb is going to fold different, hang different, and appear heavier and looser then the cow, which is stiffer and APPEARS lighter on the body. The soft lamb will appear heavier because it hangs different because of it's softness. This jacket below was the first LOGAN FC jacket I saw on the web, and I am almost 100% sure he began selling them in lamb. You can see it looks way different then the cow he has on his site now.. jal_fight_club_button_ft-sm.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So AJ, youre going to taper the jacket around the sides under the chest? Is that so you can have it taper from the top to the bottom wider at the top and narrower at the bottom?

I was looking at the taper on the sides and also the crease that starts at the top bottom. I am asking JAL to taper mine on the sides more and to add that crease that the screen jacket has. The crease that starts ar the top button and opposite side that exposes more chest.

- - - Updated - - -

I see he sent you the sample I matched :). I wrote that sticky note of the 1 on the yellow paper.

Haha yep, that's your sample. Also, that's funny, I was going to ask him to do the lapel crease as well. I want both creases though, the regular one that it usually comes with, and then creased again a little lower. It is used both ways throughout the film. In fact, the scene before they leave in the car when it's raining – when they are inside it has the higher up crease, but when they are outside, it's the lower crease.

I was also thinking about asking about the crease that goes vertically down the front of the jacket, but I might just do that one myself. I have been testing on a throwaway jacket and wetting it really works pretty decently. That and putting some heavy stuff on it for a few days. But I'm sure JAL could do it a lot more cleanly and efficiently himself.

Regardless, I want to beat the jacket up a bit. I probably won't do anything like sanding it or anything destructive like that, but I want to crease the hell out of it so maybe I'll wad it up and toss it around a bit. It just needs some wear to it. Should be good fun.

The lamb is going to fold different, hang different, and appear heavier and looser then the cow, which is stiffer and APPEARS lighter on the body. The soft lamb will appear heavier because it hangs different because of it's softness. This jacket below was the first LOGAN FC jacket I saw on the web, and I am almost 100% sure he began selling them in lamb. You can see it looks way different then the cow he has on his site now.. View attachment 323530

- - - Updated - - -

So AJ, youre going to taper the jacket around the sides under the chest? Is that so you can have it taper from the top to the bottom wider at the top and narrower at the bottom?

Yes I want it to compliment my shape more. My chest is fairly large and I have a small waist... only like a size 29-30 waist. So I want it to display my physique sort of like a fitted dress shirt. The screen jacket has this more then mine currently does if you look at the above picture.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I did to one of my jackets actually. I'll post pics later.

Interesting! Please do

Yes AJ, thats what I was trying to tell you guys when I said pitt's jacket was measured wider at the shoulders. I didnt mean they did any unusual weird tailoring, I meant they left the shoulders wide and a bit loose, and they tapered the jacket under the chest, to give pitt a more manlier more muscular look. Pitt wasnt as big as you, but his proportions were still very tapered with wide shoulders and tiny waist. I think your jacket is going to come out off the chain with this detail added to it. That, and the shoulder pads is going to give you a 100% screen accurate fit. Also, when you're as small as pitt was, shoulder pads help the look
35.jpg36.jpg

Yes I want it to compliment my shape more. My chest is fairly large and I have a small waist... only like a size 29-30 waist. So I want it to display my physique sort of like a fitted dress shirt. The screen jacket has this more then mine currently does if you look at the above picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting! Please do

Yes AJ, thats what I was trying to tell you guys when I said pitt's jacket was measured wider at the shoulders. I didnt mean they did any unusual weird tailoring, I meant they left the shoulders wide and a bit loose, and they tapered the jacket under the chest, to give pitt a more manlier more muscular look. Pitt wasnt as big as you, but his proportions were still very tapered with wide shoulders and tiny waist. I think your jacket is going to come out off the chain with this detail added to it. That, and the shoulder pads is going to give you a 100% screen accurate fit. Also, when you're as small as pitt was, shoulder pads help the look
View attachment 323534View attachment 323535

thats so funny Dan, I said that 5 years ago and you said "I've never wanted to something that shows of my muscles" LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 323442

Love that lining, I'll be going for that when I get a new one done this year. Thanks for sharing Dylan.

lol.. Nah man. I dont mean that i would want my jacket to show any muscles or be tight in any way..I mean the shape should be broad on top and slimmer towards the chest and waist. Not tight at all, . Definitely not tight around the sleeves and shoulders. I dont like the soul revolver too tight look.. But I do want it tapered. Like I would also want the length to compliment my height as well. If you know what I mean. I don't think AJ wants a tight jacket either, I think he just want's something that is going to compliment his body shape. Instead of sloping at the shoulders, it would give any wearer a broad build, regardless of how narrow his body is.. Now, I don't know if the jacket's pads were ever removed from the jacket, but it did slope quite a bit towards the end of the film. Possibly due to distressing.. God I'm so bored at work I'm on here all day lol

thats so funny Dan, I said that 5 years ago and you said "I've never wanted to something that shows of my muscles" LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Love that lining, I'll be going for that when I get a new one done this year. Thanks for sharing Dylan.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back