prototype highlander ramirez belt, updated on last page

i have been working on these for a while... these are as close to the original film props i can make, im not a big carver, i used a very good and close friend to help make them, we used a plaster base and added the wax for details... these are pewter, and i had them sent already for casting in aircraft aluminum . i have already made the leather parts and once i get back the original parts i will finish it up... i am planning on adding these to my sales but i wanted to get one up and running first... they will be refined after being cast in alluminum and then aged and attached to the leather. i am looking for the right buckles but i may have to make them... well see...
centerbuckle.jpg

BELTPARTS.jpg

Last edited:
Re: my new Highlander Ramirez Belt system...

You are going to have the finest Highlander props ever by the time you are done. :thumbsup
I envy you.

Wolf

I just know good work when I see it, that's all!

To keep this thread on topic, I'll just say that your friend's sculpting looks really tight, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rig put together. It will make a great addition to your Mentor sword.

Mike

thanks and yours also... and i am carving the saya parts up also...
i used a thin leather and sewed a sleeve, then tapped it on and used a small mount of glue to the ends... its a work in progress and these arent the fittings but its a test lol
lonestararmory032.jpg

lonestararmory033.jpg

lonestararmory085.jpg

lonestararmory083.jpg

I just know good work when I see it, that's all!

To keep this thread on topic, I'll just say that your friend's sculpting looks really tight, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rig put together. It will make a great addition to your Mentor sword.

Mike

Last edited:

heres the finished parts right before i sent them to be cast... i should have them back soon and have a prototype soon :)
belt.jpg

You are welcome... Highlander is my favorite movie... I've seen it fifty time, at least... The first, the only one highlander...

Your job is very great !

thank you, along with my custom mentor swords sales i think i can make a pretty perfect sword and belt system...

Can't believe that I missed this thread!

Great work into this so far Daryl. (y)thumbsup

I can't wait to see it finished up!

the foundry called and i should have these back in a week, then i will clean them and age them then attach them to the belt system i already have, this is gonna be like the movie one but this will actually be functional

i just got this piv back from my foundery, these are unfinished and un polished... i will also need to age them some :) these are in aircraft grade alluminum for strength and weight...
alotofstuff034.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back