1/72 Proteus from Crow's Nest Models

Drew posted the following on HobbyTalk in November...

Sorry for the long silence... I ran into major problems with getting my casting work done, and eventually switched casters and just went silent to stop making empty promises. Proteus has been scaled up to 48 scale so it is now 11 inches or so. Masters are at Custom Replicas, altough I just got the Hull top and bottom back to improve fit... it should be back into production next week... I will announce profusely when she is finally ready, but until then, I am trying to solve problems and leave the "hype" for when there is actual product available.

Sorry... soon... I NEVER give up... but I don't comprimise much either... she will be perfect!

Drew

I'll post updates here, as I learn of them.

This is abso-freakin-lutely BEEAUTIFUL!! Where is this displayed?? I am soooo damn jealous of your work here! The attention to detail is astounding!
Would you mind if I broke into the Smithsonian and stole it? ;)
Proteus6.jpg

Proteus1.jpg

Proteus2.jpg

Proteus3.jpg

Rick Teskey made a fiberglass RC version of the Proteus that was close to studio scale... perhaps that's the one you're thinking of.[/QUOTE]

Straight up "BEAUTY" WOW it's
so smooth cant tell where it starts
or ends! Just a wave of beautiful
lines well designed and built!!!!(y)thumbsup

I warned Drew when I accepted this gig that my progress would be subject to work and family demands, and boy have there been a lot of those lately.

Not that I'm complaining! :)

At any rate, work on the Proteus continues (albeit slowly), and I'll post an update as soon as I have something half-way interesting to show.
Carson, I am visiting this string as a new Prop Forum member of about 2 weeks now (2/2011). Is this kit out and available now?
Hank Zimmerman
hank1701@yahoo.com

Heres my entry for my own personal "How do you satisfy your (hopefully temporary) "PROTEUS jones" until the real model gets here....
I bought this lil 2 inch diecast PROTEUS on ebay from Australia for like 26.00 bucks. I painted it up myself.
All due recognition (and apologies?) to Randy Cooper as I "barrowed" his idea as to how to display it.
Tell me what ya think.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back