JAWS- Hoopers shark tracker prop info and discussion

Thanks Rich,

I sold the light I had a while ago unfortunately so can't size it up accurately until I get a new one. Looking at the pic and going by fuzzy memories of the size of the light... I'd say the 2" x 3" ish range is probably about right.

I also checked around work today and have access to a color laser printer. I do have the layered image still in higher res and can kill the background. I've just got to find some foil labels for color lasers to test out.

It'd be cool to get them screened, but I've yet to find less than a 500 minimum order. I don't think there is demand enough :) Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I doubt there would be interest enough for 500 of these, as cool as that would be.

But if you have any success with the foil printing, please let me know the costs - if you were willing, I would happily buy a few from you myself and if I can, I'd like to buy extras for those who helped with the artwork here .

Last edited:
I scored a new flasher and found some silver foil sticker sheets that say they are color laser safe (we'll see) They aren't precut labels so I can play with the size. I'm guessing nothing will get here til after the holidays, but should be able to test within a couple weeks.

Jay

Could you send me a hi-res version of this without the white background please. I am having discussions with someone tomorrow that might be able to do them for us.

cheers

I still need to find (or make) one of the bodies for this.. Can anyone who has one maybe take some good pics and measurements so us less that fortunate real part owners can try and put one together?

Hi guys, only just noticed this thread but thought this may interest you ... its the website for the creator of the screen used item and it has the original logo on the site (not the same solid colours as the one used on the flashers but you guys pretty much nailed it).
anyway hope this helps.... http://downingheliport.com/HTML/downing.html

I am in the process of getting the labels made. I should hopefully have something to show by the end of the week.

Will keep you posted

I dont think the logo linked above is the same as the one in Jaws. I think it has been revamped over the years to what is currently on their site.

The one i am printing is the one that Luke Moonwalker made.

Hi guys, only just noticed this thread but thought this may interest you ... its the website for the creator of the screen used item and it has the original logo on the site (not the same solid colours as the one used on the flashers but you guys pretty much nailed it).
anyway hope this helps.... http://downingheliport.com/HTML/downing.html

Well done for finding a link! Honestly, I googled for hours on that and came up empty handed.

I think there is a distinct possibility that the logo evolved over the years.

DD, I look forward to seeing what you produce and take note, I want to purchase!

Al

Glad i could help... but all i did was type neo flasher into msn homepage search (bing??) and that was the top hit i do think all search engines can be a bit hit n miss sometimes, this is why if im looking for something i use 2 or 3.
Good luck with the props tho its all looking like its comming together now. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back