JAWS- Hoopers shark tracker prop info and discussion

Updated :)

neo.jpg

That's how it is with all things military...the goverment takes bids on an item, a company makes it for the goverment and then the goverment turns around and releases all the patents and pertinent info and other companies start cranking them out too, most under contract from the military. Ain't capitalism great?

Is it me, or is the clear area in the center of the logo more of a tilted square and slightly off center at the sides based on this pic?

chelustihdtvrip720px264.jpg

image.aspx

I've had another look at it and I think what's wrong is, the edges of the segments need to be flat not arched. This will give more of a diamond effect in the middle.

Also I think there is a subtle orangey-yellow tint running up the dividing segements:

neox.jpg

Excellent mate, I definitely think we are almost there. The only thing I would suggest is, could the central colour be a slightly more orangey yellow?

Other than that, I'd say it's bang on now.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe - or maybe just a tad more orangey...it's so hard to tell from screencaps. Here's another, bigger one I just made:

Wow - that looks great.

I especially like the thin strip left between each segement, that seems to match up the screencap perfectly!

You might have made a good call going more brown there too - again, it seems to match up more closely. Great work!:thumbsup

Agreed!! And you should get 2 for getting the ball rolling :)

Here is a new cleaned up version since I hacked your original on the quick and it got a little pixellated... I also adjusted the colors a bit more and refined the shapes. I did a quick google search and it probably wouldn't be too terrible to get these screened on foil. Problem is most places I found have a 500 piece minimum. Does anyone know if there are any silver foil laser printer labels that will work on a color laser printer? And does anyone know anyone that HAS a color laser printer :lol

image.aspx

Last edited:
great work there Jay. Looks like you have hit the nail on the head. I am guessing that you have the file without the white background?

What would the dimensions of the sticker be? I can ask at work who does ours and get a price if you like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back