Help stuck nacelle motor on MR-E

Re: Help stuck nacell motor on MR-E

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is?Do you have photos or can you explain/define the problem better?

The vented dome inside of the nacell has stopped spinning. I know somebody in this group has fixed this but I can't find the thread...

Brian

there was somebody who cut the nacelle off and fixed the issue. However my own stopped workign after about 6 months. I frequerntly (as often as I could remember) would turn on the power and apply a hand massager that vibrated onto the nacelle and body arond the housing where the moro "must be". After MANY failed attepmts one day it stated to spin again. I know run it for a minimum of 1/2 3 times a week. and its been running since.

it took a long time but simply turing it on and off with the vibration worked.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=66181&highlight=enterprise

I just went back and checked it was July... probably a hot day, perhaps that had something to do with it as well... maybe a bit of heat from a hair dryer along wit hthe vibration might be the trick...

Good Luck,
Jedi Dade

Last edited:

Taping on mine worked for a while. Tried a vibrating toothbrush, no joy. I think I gotta crack it open and clean up the old gear lube.

BrianM

I was very persistent. it took months for it to start back up... but it did. I would try applying gentle heat (hair dryer) and the vibration while tunring it on and off...

but if you're bound and determinded there was a guy who did it and recorded how.

Jedi Dade

I have not tried the heat yet. Even if it works what's to dtop it from hapening again?

BrianM

I was very persistent. it took months for it to start back up... but it did. I would try applying gentle heat (hair dryer) and the vibration while tunring it on and off...

but if you're bound and determinded there was a guy who did it and recorded how.

Jedi Dade

RUnning it often and long... I have been religiously running it 4 times a week for at least 1/2 an hour. still motoring... :thumbsup

It did take a long time to get unstuck the first time though... keep trying.

Jedi Dade

I do the same, I run mine everyday to every couple at least up to 30 mins to a couple of hours.

One of mine had stuck, I just left it on and running, in a couple of hours it started and has not stopped yet...Kev

Me too. After about a year or so in storage I brought it out and one nacelle motor stuck. I was bummed! But I left the switch on and after about 2 hours it started up! Been running fine ever since... :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back