Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - New hynge system for pepakura helmet and torso upd

@ zabana
Looks real (!) smooth, wich pep files did u use?

@ the hinge postings
Couldn't a cd-bracket motor + gearings work nice?

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - New hynge system for pepakura helmet and torso upd

@ zabana
Looks real (!) smooth, wich pep files did u use?

@ the hinge postings
Couldn't a cd-bracket motor + gearings work nice?

I use my own pep ones in this pieces :$

I don´t think so, this kind of gears aren´t strong enough :unsure

HiTec makes a mini servo (33mm x 18mm x 33mm) that'll put out 55 (at 4.8v) - 67 (at 6v) oz/in of torque, which should be enough to lift any face plate from the center. The depth may be close in your helmet, but if the face plate weighs less, you could even manage a smaller, weaker (less torque) servo, micro servers go down to 1cm in width or less.

Building your own gearing system is just asking for trouble, there are servos out there small enough and strong enough for almost any application.

hola Zabana como te va, primero que todo felicitarte por tu magnifico trabajo .
me gustaria saber si puedes ayudarme con algunas preguntas
intente de hacer mi casco ironman pero tengo un problema con la medida para que entre en mi cabeza con el pepakura, y que si lo puedo hacer a mi escala que no quede tan deforme de acuerdo a mi cuerpo, cual fue la medida que utilizaste tu en tu casco?, y que modelo de casco por que he encontrado un monton y quiero hacer ese modelo que tu hiciste, disculpa si fueron tantas preguntas pero la verdad es que es la primera persona que hace esto y habla espanhol
saludos
felicitaciones pro el magnifico trabajo

intente de hacer mi casco ironman pero tengo un problema con la medida para que entre en mi cabeza con el pepakura, y que si lo puedo hacer a mi escala que no quede tan deforme de acuerdo a mi cuerpo, cual fue la medida que utilizaste tu en tu casco?, y que modelo de casco por que he encontrado un monton y quiero hacer ese modelo que tu hiciste, disculpa si fueron tantas preguntas pero la verdad es que es la primera persona que hace esto y habla espanhol
saludos

Hi!!!

Thanks!

Some members requested to me to not speak in spanish, so I´ll answer you the same by PM just in case...

My helmet it´s not pepakura´s one, it´s modeled in clay over a base of my head.
For your helmet, two ways I use. Trial and error or export the model, open it with any 3d/cad program and take measurements and calculate new scale.

Good luck!!!

I love the way the chin system works on the helmet.

saludos

I love the way the chin system works on the helmet.

Thanks!!! Me too hehehe :$

What kind of servos did you use? In other words, what was their lift capacity?

What kind of servos did you use? In other words, what was their lift capacity?

I was using two futaba s148 (3 kilos) but I´m trying now a Hextronic HX12K (10 kilos) I hope it would be enough...

HI!!!

Long time since last update :unsure

I was pretty busy at work and I´ve got problems with my back so I couldn´t do a lot...

But now I´m proud to tell that I´ve finish my voice recognition system to manage the suit once it´s done, now I´ve got working the faceplate opening and lightning up the eyes. I´ve remodeled again the opening system to be easier for the servos and change them to a 10Kilos new ones :cool

I was working also in the legs. I take Dancin_fool´s thigh and I´ve modified to have a hinge system like I did with the arm. Also I´ve designed a calf and a complete boot.

There also good news for you. After thinking a lot I´ve decided to freely release all my pep files for one reason over all of them, if I´m using another people file all of you must have the chance to use mines.

Without delay I´m proud to show you my last progress:

Old hinge system

New system

All armor pieces together:

Helmet comparison:

And my seven month assistant :lol

Vids about new arm, eyes and helmet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzC8ZTuss4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNqMW8nirbw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkCIR_62b8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67biXF-dFwc

My PDO files for download:

antebrazo bajo.pdo
antebrazo superior.pdo
brazo.pdo
cubre mano.pdo
embellecedor brazo.pdo
embellecedor hombro.pdo
nueva pierna muslo derecho.pdo
nueva pierna muslo tapas derecho.pdo
nueva pierna pantorrilla tapas.pdo
nueva pierna pantorrilla.pdo
parte externa hombro.pdo
parte interna hombro.pdo
pie completo.pdo
torso escalado grande con tapas.pdo
calf end pieces.pdo

Hope all of you like my work :rolleyes

Please tell what you think :$

Last edited:
Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - Voice recognition system for suit control works!!!

Just Incredible!!!!! I would really love to hear more about your voice activation system, I have wanted to do something like that for a long time but have basic knowledge of this kind of thing at best.

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - Voice recognition system for suit control works!!!

good idea about voice control; cheaper then my idea of using a emotiv headset. Nice job on the pep. Keep up the great work.

Hope all of you like my work :rolleyes

Please tell what you think :$

estoy en amor con usted! i don't like your work - i LOVE it! :love

you know what, i have been researching and gathering datas on constructing iron man's costume for days on ends till my back hurts like crazy because of sitting long hours in front of my computer. believe me, i've spent the entire week just reading forums like this till i feel like my eyes are about to bleed :lol well, not literally.. your work must be the most thoroughly written journal i've encountered so far.

i'm also impressed that you've actually made iron man's shoes! what material did you use for that? and the voice control, just one word - wow!

zabana, i'm thanking you for releasing the pep files and giving us the chance to utilize them. i feel very inspired by your work :)

keep it up, and cheers :cheers

ps: i signed up so i could leave a comment :$ and hopefully to seek advice from everyone here when i do decide to create my iron man (or woman) costume :)

It all looks very nice so far! Keep up the good work, I'll be watching :]

First of all a lot of thanks for your kind words, it´s good to hear that it keep me more motivated to go on than before :$

For those who wanted to know, the recognition system is "pretty simple" to do, it´s two parts. One is an programmable board conected via serial port with the second (the recognition module). It was a little hard to find the ones that match my proposals and a pleasant to try remember my knowledge about programming (7 years since last time and this language is C++ and I never used it :wacko) but finally ... I WIN!!!

estoy en amor con usted! i don't like your work - i LOVE it! :love

you know what, i have been researching and gathering datas on constructing iron man's costume for days on ends till my back hurts like crazy because of sitting long hours in front of my computer. believe me, i've spent the entire week just reading forums like this till i feel like my eyes are about to bleed :lol well, not literally.. your work must be the most thoroughly written journal i've encountered so far.

i'm also impressed that you've actually made iron man's shoes! what material did you use for that? and the voice control, just one word - wow!

zabana, i'm thanking you for releasing the pep files and giving us the chance to utilize them. i feel very inspired by your work :)

keep it up, and cheers :cheers

ps: i signed up so i could leave a comment :$ and hopefully to seek advice from everyone here when i do decide to create my iron man (or woman) costume :)

It all looks very nice so far! Keep up the good work, I'll be watching :]

Wow two girls watching me and one made an effort to speak in my language: love

P.S. @Laamberry: I´m watching your topic too, you seem to have very good skills for paper models. If you need help count on me too :thumbsup

omg Zabana.....you are FKING AWESOME O.O

did you use pepkura for the arms?

omg Zabana.....you are FKING AWESOME O.O

did you use pepkura for the arms?

THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, all suit´s parts are pepakura but the helmet , abs and back. These ones was done in clay. I turned in to pepakura´s because the symmetry.

@Ophelia: Right now the shoe is pepakura model waiting for smoothing, after the mould is done I will try with resin and some glassfiber cloth.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back