Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

Awesome work on that new helmet Zabana. The hip pod looks great too. Could you put a link up for the hip pod on the shapeways site? And possibly those detail pieces?

Wow, your suite and helmet look AMAZING! I'll be happy if mine looks half that good! lol :lol So for the ears did you just hotglue them to your helmet once finished? Sorry for the questions, just want to learn all I can before starting this awesome build. :)

I used bondo to glue it together, hot glue would go fine as well ;)

Awesome work on that new helmet Zabana. The hip pod looks great too. Could you put a link up for the hip pod on the shapeways site? And possibly those detail pieces?

Maybe I´ll do it later, but I´m not sure yet, because I´ll mold it so if anyone is interested will request me it directly and finished ;)

Okay, this is my first attempt to pep your hand PDO, Zabana and I was pleased with the way it was going until... BOOM... I hit the circular center. :cry

IMG_20120619_012623.jpg

IMG_20120619_012648.jpg

Edit: Looked at some other pictures... need to scale it down a bit.

Last edited:
Okay, this is my first attempt to pep your hand PDO, Zabana and I was pleased with the way it was going until... BOOM... I hit the circular center. :cry

IMG_20120619_012623.jpg

IMG_20120619_012648.jpg

Edit: Looked at some other pictures... need to scale it down a bit.

Yep, that scale is pretty big for your hand ;)

I sat down and made another "knuckles" last night and I think this came out very clean (for me). This is the first piece pep piece that I've done to completion, even though it's only a 1/3 of the hand.

I agree that this is a difficult piece, but now I'm thinking that if I can pep THIS piece, I can probably pep any piece which makes me rethink doing my suit in foam. :facepalm

Gah... I'm going to resin some scrap/small pieces this weekend and see how i do with that and make a final decision. Anyway, here's the pic:

IMG_20120620_043604.jpg

Edit: Gah, my heart stopped for a moment... my 1 year old just grabbed it. Fortunately, I got it from him in time.

I sat down and made another "knuckles" last night and I think this came out very clean (for me). This is the first piece pep piece that I've done to completion, even though it's only a 1/3 of the hand.

I agree that this is a difficult piece, but now I'm thinking that if I can pep THIS piece, I can probably pep any piece which makes me rethink doing my suit in foam. :facepalm

Gah... I'm going to resin some scrap/small pieces this weekend and see how i do with that and make a final decision. Anyway, here's the pic:

IMG_20120620_043604.jpg

Edit: Gah, my heart stopped for a moment... my 1 year old just grabbed it. Fortunately, I got it from him in time.

Perhaps and just maybe perhaps the new piece is a little small, you will need to reinforce it so you will loose a little room in the inside...

And about your kid I´m pretty sure you were the Flash for an instant XD

..and Bigturc should know, he's made a million zabana hands ;)

LOL .. but yeah! :)

IMG_20120620_043604.jpg

Mmm .. this looks much better, but depending on how you're gonna finish the inside of the glove, you might be either too small or too big. But it seems good enough if you don't have a thick glove in there.

Personally, I prefer mines much more tight else I felt like my hands were just disproportionnal to the rest and it removed some freedom for my fingers.

Oh and tip for the crowd, when you start building this hand, ALWAYS begin with the center ring and go from there. Those things build really nicely after a couple try and I found this trick to help me a lot and my 4th hand looked really nice compared to my 1st .. ischh

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back