Green, Red, Yellow, and Black lantern rings.

DerekH

Printed in resin, hopefully soon to be cast in silver after molds are made.

(As an aside, if anyone here is interested in doing the silver casting, I am still in the market. Just looking for a fair deal.)

This was to see how detailed the process was for these, and the answer is really, really detailed. The pictures don't do them justice, but the "fingers" on the Black Lantern ring were modeled .25mm shy of touching, and they came out perfect.

The symbols are as dead accurate as I can get. (This was verified by Ethan Van Sciver.)

Anyways, here be some pics.

4185444485_7c0982a18b_o.jpg

4186202836_f20d78c05b_o.jpg

4185444591_81f6e5ae74_o.jpg

4185444543_2aa346f381_o.jpg

Those came out MUCH better than I thought they would! Excellent work! :):thumbsup

Now you just have to convince the place that prints them up to start offering options for colored resin, so we can get them with the color already molded in! :love

Those came out MUCH better than I thought they would! Excellent work! :):thumbsup

Now you just have to convince the place that prints them up to start offering options for colored resin, so we can get them with the color already molded in! :love

Thanks man. This material can be dyed pretty much any color if one was interested, but coincidentally, these have a different place they are off to, namely some silicone molds to make the waxes. (Provided we can find a person to do the lost wax casting. *hint hint*)

I might try to get some comparison pics up here after a bit with some of my other GL rings.

impressive detail. i wish i had the skill to do this myself cause i want the new version of the red ring!(Guy's ring). Love the detail on the GL one also.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back