Original Space:1999 Eagle One model video tour

The gift of youtube just keeps giving...

I need just about everything back of the command module to complete mine :D

What a collection! I'd love to have that Thunderbird 2.

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for the link. I'm looking at my 75%-complete build and wondering how soon I'll be able to finish it!

Have you seen his other videos?, his living room is a Space 1999 fanbay's dream and his 'tour' of the Space 1999 spacesuit is fascinating

Love to see some pictures.

How tough is it to make this beast? How long have you worked on it?

I started this project years ago; put about 4 months of evenings into it, and it's been mostly untouched since. Looking forward to finishing it up. How tough it is depends at least in part on how much of it you intend to scratchbuild. This one's 100% scratch-built.

Here's a few pics --

Most of it, as it is now:

mosteagle.jpg

A few closeups:

finishedpodrightsmall.jpg

beaktest4.jpg

beaklights.jpg

landing2.jpg

rearbox1.jpg

rearbox2.jpg

thrusters2a.jpg

Thanks for the video. It reminds me that I NEED to get back on to my own 23" scratch build as well. I'm kind of stalled on re-sculpting the beak and had to take a break.

Hi everyone I'm a new member and this is my first post. Great video, I wish I saw it years ago. I started my 44" back in 01 or 02 ( I can't remember, it was so long ago.) and finished it back in May of this year. The only thing I bought was the command mod from Chris Trice and all the engine bells from Jim Small, everything else is scratch. For those of you who want to build one of these beasts, I say go for it, but be prepared to use every skill and technique you have.

Nice work so far deck5. My compliments on building everything. The passenger pod was the last thing I built, but probably the most fun. Yours looks great. I can tell just by looking that you've invested too much time and money not to finish it, so finish it.

Joe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back