1:1 Emperor Palpatine Throne - FINISHED (kinda)

jonsolo

We had to rush final assembly for the chair to get it out for the New Years parade.

Hopefully we can fix up some of the problem areas after we get past the new year.

look for more progress photos at the end of the thread soon....

thanks for looking.

-Jonathan, Tray, and Joe....

dscn0089e.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Emperor Palpatine Throne under construction....

You're off to an impressive start. It's taking shape nicely.

Currently myself and two other members of Garrison Carida and the 501st are building this chair in my workshop...

we have about 5 days worth of construction in so far, trying to get it ready for New Years day Mummers parade in Philly.

what cha think so far?

chairr.jpg

It would be great to see one of those at CV in Orlando!

This looks great! Are you using existing plans or did you create your own plans?

What is the base?

This is a great project.

It's a lovely thing. Sad that the guy sitting on it will be in black lame and a spangle cape, chicken-dancing to "Saturday Night Fever" played on the banjo and trumpet. ~Grin~

All kidding aside, it's a really nice build; I take it you're running in the fancy brigades? Too big a secret to say which one? And, in the venacular, Whachoo doin downen Maryland?

Good luck on the 1st; and as for the Shooting Stars...

alien_256.JPG

I can't lie to you about your chances...

Fast progress, very nice work. I've always wondered how comfortable that chair would actually be.

This looks great look forward to seeing updates on this project. It is something I have always wanted. Cheers!

Very cool start. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup
I wish to see a very goodexecuted, finished Emperor´s chair on this board. I always wante to carve it out of styrofoam. If that thing wouldn´t be so huge....

Can´t wait to see more of this great project

All kidding aside, it's a really nice build; I take it you're running in the fancy brigades? Too big a secret to say which one? And, in the venacular, Whachoo doin downen Maryland?

Comics actually, Landi group. We should have over 50 troopers. ;):thumbsup

Looking great allready, cant wait to see more of this.

Comics actually, Landi group. We should have over 50 troopers. ;):thumbsup

You're in the comics? Then we'll see you on the street! Tremendous! Looking forward to seeing you guys out there; I wish you good weather this year; I'll be cheering you on.

Two things I never imagined converging, Mummers and a therpf project.

Looking even more forward to New Year's day.

Hey thanks guys it's been a fun and challenging project so far lots of compound angles and clamping...

Walter: we are building from every reference photo I could muster... lots of measuring multiplying...

thanks for the comments and if anyone has any good detailed shots of the parts on the arms let me know...

-Jon

Oh and the base is cut from a sheet of 1-1/14 hidh density plastic... I believe it is used for bathroom stall dividers... you know something you would just have lying around the shop...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back