General Changs baldric

chaotic_warlord

I'm wanting to start work on a baldric similar to General Changs from ST: VI. I am unsure what the material used for the edging was, can anyone lend any advice? Thanks in advance.

It appears to be painted tubing material that is already pre shaped rather than sewn together to have the "vacuum cleaner" hose look to it. You can see that one of the seams is split on the top trim.

5-most-soulful-eye-patches-in-cinema-01-420-75.jpg

Hey there!
There are several different places you can get tubing Hobby stores, aquariums, home depot-style stores and soda despencers sites. All you need is the size and your good to go!

Brian

Hey there!
There are several different places you can get tubing Hobby stores, aquariums, home depot-style stores and soda despencers sites. All you need is the size and your good to go!

Brian

thanks Brian! I'll keep that in mind. I'm not totally sold on the fact it's some type of tubing but what else could it be?

022_3.jpg

I've been able to find this picture of the material used for the edge trim of the Chang baldric, thanks to SgtFang. It doesn't look like any tubing I have seen before. Does anyone know what it could be now that I have an image of it?

Last edited:
Heh! I just now had time to really sit down and cruise the board for the first time in awhile, but here's what I've got-

As of a couple years ago, I was told that the company that carried it had gone out of business, but I just checked Google to see if I could find out where their old inventory might have went, and it looks like they're back!

http://www.salvadoretool.com/index.html

You'll want the 627PC and 628PC (if they still carry it) It's a weird sort of brass "chain" with a shallow, "D" shaped cross section that's hinged on the back of each segment. It's fairly pricey though, it was about 5.00 per foot around 16 years ago, so it's probably even more now, and the Chang sash takes a LOT.

I sent them an inquiry a few minutes ago, but feel free to write them as well so they know there's an interest. :D

The "body" of the sash looks like it was just latex or urethane rubber, and shouldn't be hard at all. :)

Good luck!

-Sarge

Ok, I just got this back and it sounds good, as it's still available, but, it's higher thant I expected-

I could not access the attachments, but we do still manufacture the 628PC and 627PC. The prices are:

627PC - $8.88 per ft and 5.22 per 7” bracelet size

628PC - $10.49 per ft and $5.88 per 7” bracelet size

Send over the rings you are looking for and I will let you know if we have them

Salvador Tool and Findings
Fulford Findings
Sage Mfg.

Tel. (401) 331-6000
Fax. (401) 751-2930

I'll see if I can find my stuff and clip them off some links, or just write them back and ask for some sample clippings. :)

-Sarge

Last edited:
Ok, I just got this back and it sounds good, as it's still available, but, it's higher thant I expected-

I'll see if I can find my stuff and clip them off some links, or just write them back and ask for some sample clippings. :)

-Sarge

I appreciate the help Sarge your the best :thumbsup

Hi, thanks to my search for info on chang's uniform Ive just found your forum and registered. It looks like its going to be a really useful resource. The pictures here are going to be very helpful when I start making this uniform. does anyone however, have any pics of the rear of the uniform?

thanks
Kehlan

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back