Alternatives to TronGuy

CSMacLaren

Sr Member
Just saw Clutch's comment on TronGuy. Although Jay Maynard's costume is probably the most popular (he even made it onto Jimmy Kimmel) the love for the film is most definitely borne by other fans.

Here are a few examples of other costumes I've encountered.

Sark

1827154186_1b66235bcb.jpg

2979728993_315392a009.jpg

This one's pretty incredible:

3916765767_7ec8a447db_b.jpg

Guard

360149984_8f26e6b1ff.jpg

Tron

This one is exceptionally detailed:

Tron.jpg

tron_k.jpg

costtron.jpg

284808521_00d6ea6b75.jpg

1950753904_948e1dcca7.jpg

Tron guy isn't famous for his costume at all, he's famous because he has a passion for something that others think is dumb and the like to laugh at him for it. Watch when he's on TV people are always making fun of him, and it's like he doesn't even pick up on it.

Tron guy isn't famous for his costume at all, he's famous because he has a passion for something that others think is dumb and the like to laugh at him for it. Watch when he's on TV people are always making fun of him, and it's like he doesn't even pick up on it.

or it could be his lack of underwear in his "famous" picture:lol

or it could be his lack of underwear in his "famous" picture:lol

Yup.

And for the record, it isn't his body type. The guy who played Crom (Peter Jurasik), the accounting program that has to play Flynn in the "Jai Alai" game, was pretty tubby too, but he looked fine in his costume. It's the fact that Mr. Maynard didn't wear a dancer's belt in his pic.

I saw the last Sark pictured at this past dragon con. It looked great. The costume was lite with EL wire, but the major red details were a red reflective tape, so when you took a picture he really glowed as you can see.
Here are a couple of my pics of him.
SarkVaderDC2009.jpg

SarkDC2009.jpg

Tron has always been one of my favorite movies. When it came out I don't think many people connected with the film, because there was no internet and a home computer was pretty rare in 1982. Hopefully if the new film is well done in all regards. It will really click with people and the kids and we will see more and more costumes.

you can run

But there is no escaping the Jay.

This cited Guard Program is Jay Maynard;

From Jay Maynard's own web page

Jay is a genuine man. Read his thought process on his costume construction and you will see he is not egotistical. Watch any interview with him and you can see the same. He does his costuming free of ego. He does it because he believes in it. That I respect.

And if the folk behind Tron Legacy had any sense amongst themselves, Jay will be making a cameo in the new film. They would be ignoring the Tron fandom to do otherwise.

Be well,
Thomas

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back