Klingon Disruptor and Dl-44 Blaster, both with electronics.

Hey guys, here are my two latest completed projects.

A video of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TmmCRi3bB8

First up is a TNG era klingon disruptor.

It started life as a solid resin model. I picked it up for 45.00 shipped off of ebay.

I used my mill to hollow out the main chamber for electronics. Then I drilled a hole from the thumb switch, to the electronics chamber.

Next I drilled out a hole for a recharge port.

I then installed the electronics from one of the new toy phasers. I replaced the cheap leds with a high output Seoul P4 red led.

I replaced the acrylic rods with aluminum ones that I turned myself. The central rod is hollow for the led wires.

Finally I painted the disruptor in the standard two tone color scheme.

I weathered it by dry brushing silver on the edges, and used a charcoal ink on the recessed areas.

Here are pictures.

Picture024-3.jpg

Picture023-3.jpg

Picture026-2.jpg

Next I have a dl-44 blaster

The base for this prop was an airsoft mouser with an all metal body. While not as screen accurate as a denix, it has the inside space I needed for electronics.

The flash hider I machined myself, the piston scope and scope mount were from Blast-tech.com

The speaker and batteries are in the mag well, the mag plate is held in pace with magnets, so changing batteries is a breeze.

It uses a soundboard from one of the hasbro toy blasters, and a high output seoul p4 led.

I painted the whole thing flat black, then used fine grit sandpaper on the raised areas to give it the weathered look.

Here are some pics

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Pretty sweet and the videos are cool showing the light and sound. More of a Star Wars fan so prefer the Dl-44.

Love the Dl. Working on several other outfits/guns now, but hope to free up some time for a blaster in the future.

Thanks for the pix.

Cheers

Sebastian

Really likes your dl! I am dreaming of doing one of these, but so far I havent found anyone who ships the mauser airsoft to Norway.
Btw do you by any chance have dimensions for the flashider? I have a friend who has voluntered for making me one, but i need excact meassures.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Rivera/IC-2096

Really likes your dl! I am dreaming of doing one of these, but so far I havent found anyone who ships the mauser airsoft to Norway.
Btw do you by any chance have dimensions for the flashider? I have a friend who has voluntered for making me one, but i need excact meassures.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Rivera/IC-2096

I feel the same way. Importing "weapon"-like things to Germany is always a sensitive matter as well. Apart from the issue of having someone ship it here to begin with, I have no idea how customs handles stuff like this.

I feel the same way. Importing "weapon"-like things to Germany is always a sensitive matter as well. Apart from the issue of having someone ship it here to begin with, I have no idea how customs handles stuff like this.

Gun replicas are illegal in norway and germany? Thats odd, I know the UK allows airsoft as long as they comply with an fps restriction.

Well, Im not sure if its illegal. But it might cause serious trouble with customs. If some other German fella here has any further info, please chime in! ;) Id really like to know because Ive been looking to build one of these as well!

But I dont want to order parts and then see them get pinched by customs. Ill try to get some more info on that though ...

Well, Im not sure if its illegal. But it might cause serious trouble with customs. If some other German fella here has any further info, please chime in! ;) Id really like to know because Ive been looking to build one of these as well!

But I dont want to order parts and then see them get pinched by customs. Ill try to get some more info on that though ...

Well everything you can buy online is going to get shipped with the blaze orange tip painted on, and paperwork that notes its a toy gun.

As long as its not illegal over there, I don't know what more customs can ask for.

Very interesting, I want to make a good DL-44 trooping gun and what you've done inspires me.

Any chance you have images of how you've got the electronics stuffed inside? Just curious.

Well everything you can buy online is going to get shipped with the blaze orange tip painted on, and paperwork that notes its a toy gun.

As long as its not illegal over there, I don't know what more customs can ask for.

Well, that should take care of things. Im going to check with customes the next few days. Maybe its not even as difficult as I imagined ;)

Could you pm me an info on where you got yours? Couldnt really find an airsoft mauser for a good price here. Denix wouldnt be a problem, but as you mentioned, the space on the airsoft would come in handy.

Hi, I'm new here... ...so you probably did this, try searching: Broomhandle Spring Airsoft Pistol Gun, on eBay. I saw a few, some that ship to Germany will probably pop up soon. Hope that helps.

Hi, I'm new here... ...so you probably did this, try searching: Broomhandle Spring Airsoft Pistol Gun, on eBay. I saw a few, some that ship to Germany will probably pop up soon. Hope that helps.

You sir, are excellent! Thanks a lot! Contacting them now!

Thats my main problem, nobody on ebay ships the mauser airsoft to Norway. Itried on Amazon, and got the same answer, this product doesnt ship to your area.

Rivera

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back