Where is Max Zephyr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na he has been quiet must be busy, look for him on the RI
he is there sometimes.Why what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Where is Max Zephyr ?

Why I am looking for him?.. well it is a long story

to cut it short ..I commissioned some projects between 4Q2007/2Q 2008 (36" SD scratchbuild, 1OOB smal starship, 4 Hasbro mods, and 2 UFO models restorations).
After Mid 2008 communications with him has become unreliable and he stopped sending me updates.
By then all the projects (with the exception of the 2 UFOs) had been downpaid. 2 Hasbro mods were actually paid in full as they were ready to be shipped out (according to him).
By the end of May 09 we agreed to close all commissions.. As of today I have got neither builds, nor money…

I sent him 10 mails over the last 6 months without any reply..

So I am wandering if someone is in touch with him :confused

Wow this is unfortunate for you and a real mess!!!:angry:thumbsdown
I hope Matt responds and helps out the situation! Getting your stuff back
from Matt Meyers is not easy but it can be done.....trust me I know!!:rolleyes

Just be prepared.... if you do get the hasbro toys back to have them
sit outside for two weeks to air out! My stuff smelled like cigarette smoke so bad I almost yacked! The tar and nicotine had literally stained them a yellow color !:sick I had to wash them with anti-bacterial soap and then bleach before I could even think about bringing them in the house.Even at this they had to air outside!!

My stuff smelled like cigarette smoke so bad I almost yacked!
Thank you Michael... Must say I had been reported already of this smoke exhalations.. will have to run the risk :lol Weird enough I could be charged for storage fees for that :confused

And chime in again and again and again :rolleyes

The fact is that Matt hasn't replied over the last 6 months to may mails. all my ongoing projects have been decommisioned and the finished ones are still in his hands... and money is in his pockets.. this situations is unexplicable...

Last edited:
The fact is that Matt hasn't replied over the last 6 months to may mails. all my ongoing projects have been decommisioned and the finished ones are still in his hands... and money is in his pockets.. this situations is unexplicable...

I am sorry to hear this I really am. I hope you get your stuff back from him in GOOD shape. Michael has had so many problems with Matt it makes you sick.

I am sorry to hear this I really am. I hope you get your stuff back from him in GOOD shape. Michael has had so many problems with Matt it makes you sick.

Thank you ... I hope to get my stuff/money back somehow.... I believe that when a downpayment is paid there are some obligations that must be fulfilled.. fair attidtude and timely communication being two of those.
I have adopted a wait and see attitude so far but it is almost a year my projects have been decommissioned and after 5 months of complete silence I think things should be stepped up
simply put.. had I known this was the end of my projects I would never commissioned them to Matt

My preference is to leave matters pertaining to clients a private matter. No need for a train wreck. After first finding out exactly what can be stated and to what extent here is what has gone down with this individual. I’ll answer these questions and make my statements once and that will be all.

The first project to be commissioned by Luca ******* was a 36” scratch built star destroyer. With partial payment down materials and supplies were purchased. Work and research was started. Luca placed a hold on the project stating he had information he would be sending about certain details. Several requests for what he was sending went unanswered. His final response was that he was canceling all projects as he found a cheaper builder.

At the same time he also commissioned a Naboo starship from the original CED kit. He was updated regularly as to a problem with the kit. The kit continued to leach oil on the back half. Every attempt was made that typically works to remedy this problem and nothing worked. Four different coatings were used and each time within 24 hours fish eyes would appear in the finish were the oils surfaced. I told him that the kit was not taking any finishes and that the likely problem was there was a pocket of unmixed resin in it that would not fully cure.

While initial work was underway Luca commissioned three toy mods, a V-wing, a Sith Infiltrator, and a Jedi star fighter with ring . He would first say it was fine and once work progressed would come back with wanting changes on approved photos. It was at this point that he began to display dissatisfaction with every single photo sent. To the point of wanting a wire moved a quarter of an inch or add details that were of his design not the reference or agreed upon work. On average Luca received between 20 to 30 photos per project. These are fully paid and were shipped after completion. However I was not aware that I had been given a third party pack and ship center as his address. These two were returned with no explanation. The box was a little dinged but no damages were found. I asked at that time for an actual address for these to be sent were he could sign for them. He never supplied an alternate address.

During these other projects he decided to also commission an Anakin pod racer toy mod. I said I would do it if he could avoid the problems with the other three toy mods. First photos went fine and then it went right back to picking out the most bizarre things to change. One was to change the amount of individual fan blades in the engine fronts.

In the mean time he acquired a damaged Master Replica snowspeeder from ebay. The auction clearly stated and included photos of all damages and missing parts. He had it sent to me without commissioning it. I had only provided a quote. I did however send him the list of all the damages and missing parts for record. Ever month he would send an email asking for updates on the snowspeeder. Every time I would say the same thing, it was not commissioned and no down payment was ever made. This continued until he sent an email stating since I was not working on it he wanted it sent to a builder in Florida. The next thing I received regarding the snowspeeder was a nasty email sating that I had damaged the speeder and he was expecting me to cover the damages.

Throughout this duration two other pieces were sent to me with no approval, commissioning, or quote provided. They just showed up one day. He then wanted me photo document these two pieces in detail for him.
It was at that time I offered to pack everything up and send it to whoever he liked as I would not be doing any additional builds for him. He refused.

Luca has received answers to every question he has asked. The one point I made clear was that if he does not like the answer I give his forwarding the same email to me 10 times will not get a different response. If I go out of town he expected me to inform him of were and for how long. That was not going to happen. If I miss a detail or greebie I have no problem going back to fix it. I take back, repair, and reship things that have been damaged in shipping at no additional cost to the client. I can only be so liberal in policies before I’m just giving everything away. Luca’s approach is to ask for less in the quote stage to keep cost down. Everything will be crystal clear about the build parameters. Then he will add all these little changes and details until he gets what he wanted in the first place without the added cost.

Luca received photos for everything worked on. Luca received replies to the first emails not the 10 copies that would follow. All work that was paid in full was completed. All work with partial payment were completed to the point they were paid on. Everything as far as kits and mods have been sitting in a box waiting for an address that he can sign off on both a shipping manifest and delivery conformation. This ball has been in his court for some time now. Much much longer then his post here. Luca has my email address, my web address, my work address, my home address, and my home phone number.

Luca was informed from the very beginning that if a project is canceled there is no refund for any amount used in materials, supplies, and labor. If there is anything paid over that amount it would be refunded. I even told him that there was potential for a commission that could possibly buy back some of those materials and if it came through I would work to get him something rather than nothing. Unfortunately the project was not commissioned. I am not inflexible and have gone out of my way to work with clients. Sometimes problems arise and payments are not there when expected. I’ll work with that and do all the time. I do not however have any flexibility when something is canceled mid stream because you found someone cheaper.

I know it boggles the mind but there is such a thing as a bad client. I am not the only person to have this same problem with Luca. One occurred just recently. In an eight year span (five with this work) I have over 200 individuals who have purchased just over 400 items from me. It is inevitable that you will run into someone like this every so often.

Michael P the damaged goods you sold to me and I paid for were tossed in the trash. You knew that and wanted them anyway. That was the one and only time I have ever bought anything from you.

Greg and Al I have never had any business dealings with either of you. I would however be cautious Al when pointing fingers at people beings as I have photos and the damaged build in my shop showing how you pack and ship commissioned pieces when your PO’d at someone.

Greg and Al I have never had any business dealings with either of you. I would however be cautious Al when pointing fingers at people beings as I have photos and the damaged build in my shop showing how you pack and ship commissioned pieces when your PO’d at someone.

Matt, i dont give a flying crap about anything that pertains to you., yeah i packed it that way. my beef was not with you. you know who it was with, and that matter is over now. you can do what you want with that model, you should also be careful who you are trying to blackmail. you keep your photos. do what you want with them. im not worried about commission work. i dont have a big shop to pay for. if i never do another commission job again so be it, i could care less. but seeing as Kurt says your this world famous model builder. you should be able to put all the pieces back together.

Hello Matt.. nice to hear from you!
thank you for your recollection.. just one question.. why are refusing the help of the Mod on this deal?? :confused
I think it would be nice to have a facilitator helping us out...

PS
which are the pieces that were sent to you w/o approval??

This thread has fulfilled it´s purpose.

Luca stated a question, Matt reestablished contact. Both parties had the opportunity to tell their side of the story, which already goes beyond the original purpose of this thread.

Now it´s time to figure out how to solve this problem. This will definitely not be done publicly on this board and in this forum. It has to be done with the parties involved in the deals. The thread will be locked and posts reviewed.

Thanks,
Michael

RPF staff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back