Logans Run Sandman Costume on a Mannequin

Re: Logans Run Sandman Costume on Mannequin

hi do you know what type of boot style was worn by the sandmen in logans run ?

i ve looked at pics and the film , they look like chelsea boots ?
but i may be wrong

TVSANDMAN5.jpg

thanks......:thumbsup

Last edited:

The movies were custom made.

hi do you know what type of boot style was worn by the sandmen in logans run ?

i ve looked at pics and the film , they look like chelsea boots ?
but i may be wrong

thanks......:thumbsup

Jim lost his mind a long time ago. :unsure

The Boots were very simple and would not hold up for long outdoors.

ive found someone in the usa making replica sandman boots....at $300.....ouch !

my belt was only 3.5 inches wide ( too narrow )

and my tabbard didnt come with velcro fastenings, all sewn !

fit is ggod though

My replica belt I ordered a few years back from Ebay (Katarra8) was 3 1/2 inches wide. My CosPlay costume came with a belt that was 4 1/4 inches wide. Either way, looks like your cosutme turned out very well. Welcome to the Sandman Club. :thumbsup

my belt was only 3.5 inches wide ( too narrow )

and my tabbard didnt come with velcro fastenings, all sewn !

fit is ggod though

Just got my Sandman uniform from Cosplay, today. Nice solid construction, fits great! One HUGE problem, though. The collar and the chest stripe are light blue, not grey. Looking back at their website again, the photos of the uniform clearly shows that the collar and stripe are light blue, and why I didn't notice that is beyond me. My fault 100%. Not sure if I can even retrun it, because technically, there is nothing wrong with the uniform. The website showed light blue, so I got exactly what I ordered. Not sure what to do about this.

Last edited:

i had to complain about mine as the front stripe pattern was wrong, they redid it for free but they also redone the belt and its still wrong , but u get what u pay for at that cheap price, welcome to the club, all you need is a ds gun and a tracker.......

Hello, Phil. I got the gun last week. Bought it from Monsters in Motion dot com for sixty bucks, and it was a kit. It came out rather nice, especially considering that the last time I did any model construction was a good 30-years ago. Add to that, there were gaps between the barrell and the body that had to be filled in with modeling putty, some of the screws were wrong, and I only got page two of the instructions. I suppose I do need to start thinking about the follower.

Last edited:

yes folower, ive got aliens on the mind at the mo, as thinking of doing a pulse rifle.

there is a workind ds gun on here for ssale if not gone already

Just got a DS Suit from COsplay as well... extremely well fitting and I am very please! Although it does smell like Chernobyll (burnt plastic or something like that) Has anyone washed one of these yet? Worried about the black bleeding into the grey.

I also read earlier (Rylo I think) saying that the Follower is supposed to be face-in attached by velcro up near the acryllic top? Just watched it again today in BlueRay and I have to agree. I clearly saw Francis wearing it that way.

Lastly, I have a Dan Coyle Non-burner DS gun and am wanting to hop-up the electronics in it. Going to replace the incandescent bulbs with high output LEDs (either blue or green), and I am trying to find some sort of speaker to emit the burn sound sample I have. Any advice on that ?

Thanks,

Phillip

This is awesome! And a huge help, considering I'm making a Sandman costume for my boyfriend. He's turning 30 in a few days, and he wants a Logan's Run themed birthday party and a Sandman costume :p! I'll be making a Jessica costume to go along with him!

Edit: Didn't see anyone else post it, but the Sandman gun has a name: a homer. It doesn't appear in the movie, its completely a book thing...but still :p!

This is awesome! And a huge help, considering I'm making a Sandman costume for my boyfriend. He's turning 30 in a few days, and he wants a Logan's Run themed birthday party and a Sandman costume :p! I'll be making a Jessica costume to go along with him!

Edit: Didn't see anyone else post it, but the Sandman gun has a name: a homer. It doesn't appear in the movie, its completely a book thing...but still :p!

Yea just make sure you wash it in cold water on delicate:-D
Ps- the Homer was one of 6 charges a Sandman carried for his Gun. It was a heat seeker neural destroying charge.

I have a question about the Cosplay suit...
On the tunic (not the vest), on the under crotch flap, there are 3 small snaps which connect it together... what puzzles me is that there are 3 larger buttons on the outside of it riding just below the navel and pubic bone. What are these buttons for????
Also, did yours smell like weird melted plastic or something like that?
I hand washed it in cold water with 1/4 cup of salt to lock in any fabric dye, then hand washed it in Woolite for black clothes and hit it with febreeze afterwards to get the last bit of nasty out of it :eek

So, to reiterate, do you know what the outside facing buttons are for??

Thanks,

Phillip

This is the special order costume from Ebay. The seller is known as Cosplay Costumes. They operate out of Canada and their vendor is in China. Turnaround time is just a little over two weeks from the initial order. The material and fit I think are perfect. They appear to offer standard sizes for men/women. I am close to these but not exact. Nevertheless, I requested a custom made outfit specific to my supplied measurements. Either way, it fits perfect. They never specified what they were going to do other than they stated they got my measurements. Professional EBAY transaction, good communication, tracking no, etc. The top of the outer tunic has velcro fastners. I have taken some measurements so that you can use these as reference. The grey collar on the undershirt seems a little large, actual measurement of height on that is 2 5/16 inches. The pants have an elastic waist which offers some leeway depending on your waist size. The belt is 42 1/2 long by 4 1/4 inches wide. The sewn on "white" strips on the belt are not accurate and are a little crooked. The belt could have had a little more velcro on the back for keeping it adjusted. I have a 35 inch waist and it worked fine. They advertise the fabric as "twill". Not sure what that is but it seems to be a polyester blend. Good thickness and I like the sheen of the material. Probably machine washable on low heat. Delivered price is 214.99. I have a different Sandman belt from Katarra8 off of Ebay a few years ago which really accents this outfit well. I am very pleased with this costume. Its a quick and easy solution to get a Sandman costume without any hassle. If you need any specific questions or measurements taken from either my mannequin or this Ebay order just ask. Thanks for looking!

My tunic does not have any buttons on it nor does the vest (no under the crotch flap) I just tuck the tunic in under the pants and then place the vest over the top and then the belt. My costume did not have any unusual odors. I have not worn it enough to have had to wash it. I would definitely hand wash it, though. I have had the outfit for approx. a year now. Sounds like CosPlay may be occasionally adjusting their costume. I just sent them an email advising them to check out this site. Maybe they will monitor these posts and make any necessary corrections if they feel they are warranted.

Last edited:

I just emailed them about all that stuff... will let you all know what comes of it.

Cosplay sent a response back today. They advised they would study our forum and possibly make corrections if necessary. Very impressive on their part!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back