Logans Run Sandman Costume on a Mannequin

Re: Logans Run Sandman Costume on Mannequin

May I ask if the silk underwear is very thin? I was thinking of getting a set for my Sandman costume but feared it would be much to thin.

Yes, I personally think the silk version from Cabela's is a little too thin. It is comfortable and looks presentable (in my opinion). Maybe the non-silk polyester, middle or heavyweight versions would be better. I would imagine they will be quite warm to wear. Also, I like some of the UnderArmour Brand products out there. Although the UnderArmour logo is quite apparent and stands out. Also, you need to be mindful on their products (UnderArmour) as some of it is loose fitting and others is a tight compression fit. I have noticed a slight color difference between the Sandman outer tunic and the undershirt color during some screenshots from the movie. Not sure if its a lighting issue or not. Good luck with your project!

May I ask if the silk underwear is very thin? I was thinking of getting a set for my Sandman costume but feared it would be much to thin.

I have always thought these were neat outfits, and I still enjoy watching the movie!

It's just sad that once you reach a certain age *cough, over 30, cough* that you really can't wear one to a con. :confused

I have always thought these were neat outfits, and I still enjoy watching the movie!

It's just sad that once you reach a certain age *cough, over 30, cough* that you really can't wear one to a con. :confused

I agree on the "age" thing. My new costume might tempt me to put it on and take a photo of me in it, bald head and all. Maybe I can start up a retired garrison of Sandman runners who made it out from the City of Domes. :)

Last edited:

This is the special order costume from Ebay. The seller is known as Cosplay Costumes. They operate out of Canada and their vendor is in China. Turnaround time is just a little over two weeks from the initial order. The material and fit I think are perfect. They appear to offer standard sizes for men/women. I am close to these but not exact. Nevertheless, I requested a custom made outfit specific to my supplied measurements. Either way, it fits perfect. They never specified what they were going to do other than they stated they got my measurements. Professional EBAY transaction, good communication, tracking no, etc. The top of the outer tunic has velcro fastners. I have taken some measurements so that you can use these as reference. The grey collar on the undershirt seems a little large, actual measurement of height on that is 2 5/16 inches. The pants have an elastic waist which offers some leeway depending on your waist size. The belt is 42 1/2 long by 4 1/4 inches wide. The sewn on "white" strips on the belt are not accurate and are a little crooked. The belt could have had a little more velcro on the back for keeping it adjusted. I have a 35 inch waist and it worked fine. They advertise the fabric as "twill". Not sure what that is but it seems to be a polyester blend. Good thickness and I like the sheen of the material. Probably machine washable on low heat. Delivered price is 214.99. I have a different Sandman belt from Katarra8 off of Ebay a few years ago which really accents this outfit well. I am very pleased with this costume. Its a quick and easy solution to get a Sandman costume without any hassle. If you need any specific questions or measurements taken from either my mannequin or this Ebay order just ask. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

hi, nice oufit, does your sandman ds work ?

i would like a follower if have another for sale ?

Phil

hi, on your sandman uniform how did you get the size of the grey front section ??

i read on a website, whos name escapes me, that the size is a width of 4 inches ?

any ideas anyone plz ?

thanks

My original (homemade) costume was just an estimation based on watching the original movie on DVD. I never had a definitive source from the internet or otherwise. The costume you see on the mannequin is my original costume that was homemade. I can't say that I particularly like the appearance of the grey stripe as it wraps around the chest area. The mannequin has a small chest area (approx. 38-40). I will give you the measurements for this one to give you some ideas as a reference.

The width of the stripe from side to side (horizontally as if you were looking straight on) is 17 inches at the top. At the bottom it stretches across approx. 20 1/2 inches as it begins to wrap around the chest of the mannequin. The way the outer tunic fits after the sleeves were removed made it necessary for the grey stripe to be a little wider at the bottom when you are looking straight at the torso. The height of the stripe from top to bottom is approx. 6 1/2 inches.

If you look at the Cosplay costume you can see that the measurements are very similiar. A 21 inch wide stripe at the bottom (horizontally) and 18 1/2 inches wide (horizontally) at the top. This stripe is 6 3/4 inches high. I forgot to put the measuring tape up at the top for that one. The Cosplay pictures look a little better since I have it laid out flat on the table when I took the photograph. I specifically asked for a 41 inch chest size when the Cosplay outfit was ordered. I think the Cosplay outfit looks much better.

A 4 inch wide stripe (top to bottom) I think would be a little too narrow.

hi, on your sandman uniform how did you get the size of the grey front section ??

i read on a website, whos name escapes me, that the size is a width of 4 inches ?

any ideas anyone plz ?

thanks

Last edited:

Just received my fully functional calcium-carbide burning prop thanks to the assistance of a talented RPF member. As you can see it was neatly packaged. The craftsmanship, engineering and attention to detail is exceptional. I have put three tanks of carbide through it and it functions flawlessly. I have already gotten my fingerprints on it and a little wear and tear. A couple of the pictures are without a flash so it gives off a little different color. It's an awesome feeling to finally have a costume that captured my imagination since I was a kid back in the 70's. To accurately round out this costume will require removal of the Follower's belt latch (that I put on) and the fabrication of an authentic looking holster for the DS gun. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this happen. I will routinely monitor this thread/posts to see if I can be of any assistance. See ya.

Last edited:

hi

what type of felt does it take and the felt thickness plz ?

ive found a supply of the correct felt now, thanks all

thanks

Last edited:

is this ds the one with rear plug drilled through to put the water in with plug in place ?

is this ds the one with rear plug drilled through to put the water in with plug in place ?

If its one of Rylos DS guns it should be......

Fantastic Logan's Run costume,
My friends mom made one for me years ago,
and I had a Logans costume made by K&M Designs years ago
but I sold that awhile back.
but I still have a working DS gun (not one Rylo's) and a follower which I think is one of Rylos.

ive just got a working ds finally, the guy says it is number 2 of 20, from the first batch rylo did from the carousel project, and the rear plug is solid, and side plates are thick resin / plastic, the main body is brass

now to get a follower and uniform..woo

Last edited:

any fixes for a sticky valve ?...on the ds gun

worked out its not the valve but the trigger pivot hole has worn, easy fix

Last edited:

I highly doubt that it is one of Rylos.

The materials you listed do not jibe.

ive just got a working ds finally, the guy says it is number 2 of 20, from the first batch rylo did from the carousel project, and the rear plug is solid, and side plates are thick resin / plastic

FYI:

That run is over a decade old and it didn't belong to any one individual. There were numerous people involved w/ that project who offered product to their clients. A number of pieces were sold in kit form too, resulting in lessor quality builds from whomever?

Any number of people could have built it w/ any number of different parts. There were numerous "scrap" or what I considered C and D pieces that I never even touched. If it didn't come w/ an agreement from me, I didn't build it. All told, I probably built less than half of those pieces while others offered the rest. Some were really nice to! Like I said, a lot of people worked hard to make that run happen, but I tend to get the undue credit. Just trying to set the record straight.

-Rylo

ive just got a working ds finally, the guy says it is number 2 of 20, from the first batch rylo did from the carousel project, and the rear plug is solid, and side plates are thick resin / plastic

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back