Logans Run Sandman Costume on a Mannequin

Re: Logans Run Sandman Costume on Mannequin

I don't know if the email you posted is the one. I log into EBAY and search for the costume in question. I then click on their member ID and then go to contact member. The email is hidden. Sometimes if you are not involved in an immediate transaction with the seller you are unable to get a hold of them. This time I was.

The suit itself was de-odourized well enough with cold water hand-washed, but the belt was still insanely smelly... think almost like a Varsol smell.

On the good side, I heard back from Sunny at Cosplay and they are remaking the belt for me. Awesome customer service right there people!!!

If they are going to join the board tell them to do a search here and look for Mikes post on how the belts were made

Apollo... do you have the link to it? If so, I will send it to the Cosplay guys.

they remade my belt also,,,,but still rubbish. i even sent them all dimensions and pics, and was still wrong

ahh well, it is good enough for me. I am not out to out-perfection anyone, it is just for a Con.

@ Philip7: Out of curiosity, I realy don't see any glaring differences?
You have pictures to explain what I am missing?
Aside from the little grey spacers should be bead/capsule thingies as opposed to shaped fabric...

Last edited:

Hey everyone! Just posting some images of my boyfriend's 30th birthday present! I still have a few minor adjustments to make. I need to add the back piece to the end barrel of the gun, as well as the top, clear piece to the follower.

I also want to line the vest, to make it a bit smoother. I rushed it slightly, to have it done in time for his Logan's Run themed birthday party. I'll be doing Jessica 6's main costume for Dragon*con this year, as well.

We're looking into to going to an abandoned mall. near by, that has VERY similar architecture to the mall used in the film, for a photoshoot once I get Jessica done!

Bigger sizes here: Flickr: peregrintook310's Photostream

5387915552_61ac4fafa1.jpg

5387914804_ee7f75a0fb_z.jpg

5387308205_6f960d9c30_z.jpg

5387307683_542918fe48_z.jpg

5387911934_901c88ae00_z.jpg

The palm crystals were purchased on Ebay...I'm sure its the same seller that everyone knows about. She's been selling them for so long! I bought my boyfriend the palm crystals back in 2005, and he couldn't find them this year, so he reordered them from the exact same lady that had them back then.

The gun and follower are made from bass wood and fun foam (the buttons on the follower are sculpted out of Sculpy). Both were made between 1-2 hours. They are in NO way, professionally done, but they're hand made from scratch, and they were made as quickly as possible. For the time crunch, I think they came out pretty good!

I'm going to repaint the gun, since some of the paint clumped in certain areas. The grey strip is hand quilted and the under turtle neck has the same closure as the movie. The pants are purchased cotton leggings, taken in to fit him snuggly. The top is made out of a spandex knit. His shoes are NeoSport, neoprene booties...that coincidentally will be used for his Tron costume as well.

The belt is hand made out of nylon strapping and the piping was hand-done, using extra material from the vest/under shirt. The pellets are hand sculpted out of Sculpy, then painted with metallic silver acrylic.

Once we finish my costume and do the few changes to his, we'll get some hi-res, photoshoot pictures! For now, my boyfriend being silly, in the birthday poster I made for him. He's technically left-handed, hence the placement of the follower on the other side...he's just showing off his crystal -_-:
5387947840_96f570c2dc_z.jpg

5387944946_61a7851c0d_z.jpg

Love it!!!!

I think I may do a Logan's Run theme birthday in memory of my 30th :love

They're the second link. Make sure you get your exact shoe size. My boyfriend went half a size smaller, and now he's complaining that they make his feet hurt -_-. *head desk*

They're awesome, nonetheless!

Also, thanks! And lol :p!

Here are some photos of the CosPlay costume in action. These photos have my original Katarra8 belt, not the supplied CosPlay one. I folded the collar down over itself as I think they have it a little too high. The DS gun is the real deal, the water and calcium carbide just burning away at the tip. I put my digital camera on a tripod and set the delay timer for 10 seconds. The camera was also set to take 15 burst photos at about 2 megapixels of resolution. I could have gone higher on the megapixels but I didn't want to have any problems adding them as attachments. Hopefully my other photos will give you the detail you might want. I figured it was about time that I embarrassed myself on the world wide web! :lol

Here are some photos of the CosPlay costume in action. These photos have my original Katarra8 belt, not the supplied CosPlay one. I folded the collar down over itself as I think they have it a little too high. The DS gun is the real deal, the water and calcium carbide just burning away at the tip. I put my digital camera on a tripod and set the delay timer for 10 seconds. The camera was also set to take 15 burst photos at about 2 megapixels of resolution. I could have gone higher on the megapixels but I didn't want to have any problems adding them as attachments. Hopefully my other photos will give you the detail you might want. I figured it was about time that I embarrassed myself on the world wide web! :lol

Amazing costume !!!
I've seen Logan`s Run in tv the first time and since then i`m a great fan! A month ago got the BD version and i can`t describe the feeling of watching it in HD !
I`ve been looking around for a DS Gun like yours, but some one is buying all of them around the world :lol

Congrats again for your props :thumbsup

How did you get your costume to look so good? The costume on there
website looks dreadful. You did get it from the cosplay station right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back