BTTF Prop 2015 Bottles Screen Used on Ebay

LOL, sorry brad gary was the better ebayer :lol.No but that sucks brad i feel your pain but good job sniping gary :lol

I'm gonna be the first to admit that Ebay has made sniping and auction almost toooo easy. That little countdown clock is an insane addition.

I remember when you had to guess the ending time and would sit at the computer screen hitting refresh like a madman for the last 20-30 seconds in order to get a bead on a countdown.

Now... it's like they are openly inviting people to snipe.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. At the end it all boils down to just how much money a buyer is willing to spend. Sniping just takes away the chance for the previous bidder to increase thier max.

Brad, I promise you a ton of pics and measurements as soon as they show up.

-Gary

I remember getting sniped on a Rocketeer helmet YEARS ago...before any replicas were ever available. I almost cried....olmost:cry

Well it is fitting with the type of collection Gary has been building. He has always been into the paper and hand props from bttf. With the prototype bottle, it is fitting to build a nice collection like that. I know I talk to Gary about that stuff all the time, when I started collecting BTTF props, I used to just go after everything, I had a mix of everything, but now, I like to get pieces that link together or something I really really always wanted.

All I know is Gary's pieces behind glass are growing :)

Being new here, are there albums here on the board for members?

So do you guys believe they were screenused? I messaged the seller and he said he thought they were but had no idea. If they are, that's a tremendous score (sorry Brad, happens to the best of us!) I always say, better to someone from the RPF at least.

Brad and I were talking about it last night. We're about 99.5% sure they are screen used. Considering replicas sell for $125-$200 each - this is a good price no matter what.

To date I have NEVER seen a fliptop bottle that looked as dead-on to the real thing as this one. Even my own replicas were made different - on purpose course.

This has been one heck of a BTTF-Prop month for me. I think in the last two or three months my collection has had some major cool additions at just AWESOME prices.

Dead Stock Valterra BTTF Skateboard - $150
Correct AIWA Walkman for $50
Screen Used VSR Bulkhead panel from the B-Car - $FREE$
Two 2015 Bottles to go with my preproduction prototype - $412

And as always there is more to come. Always making contacts with new owners and collectors.

Like Tom said earlier - it's more awesome stuff to go behind the glass.

That being said - I will be happy to share photos of these when they come in. I won't mold them, but I have a feeling they will line right up with my prototype. That's the bottle I used for my replicas earlier this year.

-Gary

It still amazes me how people can bid early on anything on ebay anymore. I remember " back in the Day" when Esnipe had just come out as the first and original. Back when it was free to snipe. I find these days i never need anything bad enough to enipe. With ebay , no matter how rare or VHTF..one of a kind..RARE there will always be another one listed in the coming weeks.
Great catch on them....

True...but sometimes, when your passionate about something, it's fun to fight for it!

P.S. Don't eBay snipe. :lol I never do! (whistles and walks away sloooowly)

Yes, I truly believe that these ARE screen used. The Diet Pepsi is SPOT ON with the ones sold on screenused.com as is the SLICE. I have never seen a solid (non fliptop) SLICE, so this is a first, but also it is a first to see the "straw" in the DP. Even if these were replicas, which they are not, but $412 for these amazing pieces would STILL be a steal!

I am happy that Gary got them and not some arbitrary collector.

Last edited:
I remember when you had to guess the ending time and would sit at the computer screen hitting refresh like a madman for the last 20-30 seconds in order to get a bead on a countdown.

Now... it's like they are openly inviting people to snipe.
I used to simply have a clock, right over the screen, sync'd to e-Bay...with a phone line modem though it took a bit of skill to snipe, but I had it down to a science.

They're heeeere... A shot of the family. Preproduction Turned Resin bottle with test graphics on the left. Turned wood screen used Slice in the middle and Sceen Used Flip Top Diet Pepsi.

2015-01.jpg

I gotta say, there is not a doubt in my mine that these are screen used bottles now. For the price I paid... damn, these are AWESOME. They are also beat up pieces of c&*p, but I wouldn't expect anything less from legit bottles.

First up, I'm really impressed with the graphics. This is the best shot I could get at the moment showing the labels.

2015-01a.jpg

They are all individually cut vinyl graphics. Even the little lettering on the Slice. My own plastics guys can't get his cutter to do stuff this small. I'd love to know just how they did it 20 years ago.

Here is a shot of the Nutritional Info on both backs.

2015-02.jpg

2015-03.jpg

Again, I'm completely at a loss as to how they did it. These are all indivual letters and some are completely missing or faded. Very cool.

You can also see that the slice is indeed turned wood. Infact, the grain is competely noticable under the paint. The paid for the slice is very interesting. It's almost an iridescent flip paint. Red-Orange to an almost Orange Pearl for the highlights. Pretty neat and a bit lighter than the color I guessed at for my replicas.

The Diet Pepsi being a flip bottle is a completely different animal as you can see below. It's not resin at all, but instead VAC-FORMED PLASTIC - just like the clear Pepsi Perfects.

2015-04.jpg

As you can see the years have not been kind to this bottle. However, I have no reason to think the damage is recent. The tape is about as aged as what's on my Preproduction Prototype.

If you saw the auction you saw that the straw was extended out. It can slide back and forth, so I just put it in like it was see on screen. It's just rubber tubing.

The bottles are interesting in that the Diet Pepsi is just a tad bigger than the slice. It's apparent that a wood turning was just split in half to make the vac-tool for the Flip Top Clear and solid Bottles.

Of course now I know exactly how they went together. I suppose I need to start on that Clear Pepsi Perfect Replica now...

Ugh :)

-Gary

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back