National Treasure 'The Charlotte' Bell WIP

the_eli

A buddy of mine and I are exploring the idea of a Charlotte replica. Just trying to decide what material to use. If there is interest, we would probably make a small run but not sure. I did find a photo taken from archives but not gonna have to find some more screen shots. Any ideas on what material would be good?

Last edited:
Re: National Treasure 'The Charlotte' Bell

You should probably do a cold cast resin. Once you decide whether to do a run, put an interest list together.

Brad

You should probably do a cold cast resin. Once you decide whether to do a run, put an interest list together.

Brad

What he said. I remember seeing some amazing results using cold cast resin with bronze powder at a workshop I used to frequent

I am going to go ahead and create a prototype and post pictures as the progress goes.

Happy Holidays!

I am posting images of the bell hopefully by this weekend. Its looking great!

I just need to make sure I have the final list of interested people. If anyone else is interested, please email me. I am only doing one run, and will not do another for awhile. I have some other stuff I am making including one surprise one thats looking pretty awesome!

So far I have:
Taz
HoudiniGuy
Markpoon
Kevjh

This would be awesome but the shipping would be a killer for me unless you made it outta polystyrene!!:rolleyes:lol

Oh...I just gathered that was the case. I guess my inness will depend on that factor as well. Good point Pol.

Regards
TAZ

Also interested. Great idea too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The prototype will be on next week. I work out of my buddies place and he is gone for the holidays. He is better at molding and smoothing. The piece is not as heavy as we would have thought however we will play with different materials to see what is more workable with oversea buyers.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back