my "holy grail" / "dream prop" replica WIP pics

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i got these today.

to say the least, i am TOTALLY PSYCHED to get this update. this project is taking a while to get finished up (3+ years so far :lol) but the person who is working on it is top notch and one of the best artisans i have had the pleasure to work with.

so, since its been about 5 months since the last update, here are the newer pics :)

17.jpg

18.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

i cant stop grinning :D

chris

Ahhh, I had forgotten about your Infinity Gauntlet project.

Looking good. What are the parts that the gems are mounted on going to be made of?

its all cloth.

the "armor" bits are going to be out of a slightly more "gold" colored thicker material. sort of a vinyl/leather but a little thinner.

it is still in the process of being tweaked out, but the glove so far (to me) has come out looking amazing. i am leaving it up to the seamstress to figure out how to mount the gems. originally i wanted them to be removeable, but that is a royal PITA to figure out while keeping the glove wearable.

did i mention this thing is about the same height as a 2 or 3 liter coke bottle ;)

we decided to go thanos sized on this puppy. if its worth doing, its worth doing big and shiny :D

chris

why not do metal for the gem accents? plate them to get a good shine,
a money thing? as i could see those parts getting pricey,
maybe even get someone to sculpt it and mold it make the parts in resin and plate that?

would be more accurate wouldnt it?

because, in the comics, the "armor" parts bend and flex and fold and wrinkle :)

if i had setup the glove like that, it wouldnt even be able to move the fingers at all. the metal parts would be holding the fingers straight out. i may make one like that later on, but this one is staying as faithful to the comics as it can be.

its not really a money thing, just more of a "realistic expectation" thing. i could sculpt the pieces up, cast them in pot metal, get em plated, but after all that i would have to figure out how to attach em to the glove and keep em mobile. the leather and gold combo for the fabric just looks a little nicer, and is a lot easier to get finished up ;)

believe me, this is heading into year 4 of being worked on. there isnt much i havent thought about for this particular piece.

chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ May 25 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]1250747[/snapback]</div>
i got these today.

to say the least, i am TOTALLY PSYCHED to get this update. this project is taking a while to get finished up (3+ years so far :lol) but the person who is working on it is top notch and one of the best artisans i have had the pleasure to work with.

so, since its been about 5 months since the last update, here are the newer pics :)

17.jpg

18.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

i cant stop grinning :D

chris
[/b]

I have had PERFECT GEMS like that for over 3 years, but never found a glove or a glove pattern to use to make the damn thing.. Where did you find a glove pattern? Or did you make it..

That looks AWESOME..

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ May 26 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1250779[/snapback]</div>
because, in the comics, the "armor" parts bend and flex and fold and wrinkle :)

if i had setup the glove like that, it wouldnt even be able to move the fingers at all. the metal parts would be holding the fingers straight out. i may make one like that later on, but this one is staying as faithful to the comics as it can be.
chris
[/b]

ok see where your going,

the material you have there looks really cool, should be killer once its all finished up,

<div class='quotetop'>(Cptnchaos @ May 25 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1250837[/snapback]</div>
I have had PERFECT GEMS like that for over 3 years, but never found a glove or a glove pattern to use to make the damn thing.. Where did you find a glove pattern? Or did you make it..

That looks AWESOME..

Damian
[/b]

That's because you both got the gems from the same person.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>(blufive @ May 26 2006, 03:55 AM) [snapback]1250909[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Cptnchaos @ May 25 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]1250837[/snapback]

That looks AWESOME..

Damian
[/b]

That's because you both got the gems from the same person.

:D
[/b][/quote]

HA HA>.. I KNEW they looked familiar...

You are the best..

Damian

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back