Mord' Sith - Legend of the Seeker. The definitive costume research thread.

I just found this discussion, and I must tell everyone who is currently making this project (those of you who have worn it already know this) it is hot and uncomfortable. You look really good, but jeez! I made one for the local convention in November and still sweated my rear off. This is me. I was in this getup for 10 hours, and I found out why Mord'Sith are so bad tempered. :lol

Just saw this post today and wanted to give a link to the Mord Sith Costume my girlfriend made. It was originally done as a custom commission for someone, and I think it turned out great! We have discussed doing a mord sith and Darken Rahl together, but we have so many back logged costume ideas, I am not sure if we will ever get it together for both of us.

click the image below to see the article on how she made hers.

Hello Fellow Seekers!

I just wanted to share a few Mord Sith replica pieces I've been working on:

Denna's White Collar
DSC06243a.jpg

Cara's Season 2 Belt
Cara4.jpg

Hope you guys like!

I would highly recommend wearing sports compression garments underneath the costume. It helps with circulation and also sweat. The actors and stunt people wear "Skins" ( which is quite expensive ), or you can do what I did and purchase "HeatGear". Works great to keep you cool.

Wow! Having begun my own small venture into leatherworking I can completely understand the amount of work involved in that. Very impressive!

Whoops, double post. I'm still slowly working on my own Mord'Sith as I'm learning leather crafting as I'm working.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to want to make this costume :)! I'm not getting started right away, since I have other projects going at the moment, but I'm hoping to get it done for the next DragonCon. This thread is definitely a big help, so thanks everyone!

Unfortunately I did not make this year, which was entirely my intentions on making the costume in the first place. I have a few smaller conventions ind mind and hopefully Ill make it next year :D

Well,
I was about to start measuring out the material to start the toile process for my MordSith body suit but its now on hold pending the possibility that we might move into a house in November.
So I will be starting on all the tooled leather instead.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back