Mord' Sith - Legend of the Seeker. The definitive costume research thread.

Glad I could help. An army of Mord-Sith invading D*C would be epic.

I'm trying to source out costume pieces for Richard, if anyone has any ideas :) I realize he is not a Mord Sith, so PMs would work so as not to clutter the thread :D

A breakdown of the Richard costume:
galadriel_1013: Undressing Your Seeker/Confessor

(And for those who haven't seen, her breakdown of the Mord Sith and Confessor)
Mord-Sith: galadriel_1013: Undressing Your Mord-Sith
Confessor: galadriel_1013: Undressing Your Seeker/Confessor

Airborne- thanks for the links.
It's probably going to be at least 6 months before I can even start this, but I'm book-marking/downloading all the images I can in the meantime :)

FINALLY
I brought in my vinyl from the car in fear that it would melt in this hot weather.

Here are some shots of it, since I tried to explain it before to no avail. It's actually quite thin and flexible, and since it's not solid it's quite soft and I think it will even be slightly breathable. I'm so so so proud of this find. It's definitely more maroon than it should be, but I'm still very VERY happy with it considering it cost me all of $30 for like...5yds and I'm alright with it looking more like this and this than this. :)

ms.jpg

Hi guys, I bought an authentic mord'sith outfit from the TV show. If anyone wants specific pictures of the construction of it just email me or post here (vianeth at live dot com). It should get to my house on friday this week. I've been following this thread for a little while because I wanted to make my own MS outfit but now that I bought one from the show there's no need. I also have an agiel that I made years ago before the show came out. I'll post a pic of it here. Its based off the books how I pictured it to be, not based off the tv show. Its made out of a wooden rod (the ones they sell at petco for bird cage perches), cut to size, wrapped in genuine red leather (sewn, then flipped inside out and pulled down the rod). Attached are two gold chain bracelets so it can dangle off the wrist.

agielpicture.jpg

Hi guys, I bought an authentic mord'sith outfit from the TV show. If anyone wants specific pictures of the construction of it just email me or post here (vianeth at live dot com). It should get to my house on friday this week. I've been following this thread for a little while because I wanted to make my own MS outfit but now that I bought one from the show there's no need. I also have an agiel that I made years ago before the show came out. I'll post a pic of it here. Its based off the books how I pictured it to be, not based off the tv show. Its made out of a wooden rod (the ones they sell at petco for bird cage perches), cut to size, wrapped in genuine red leather (sewn, then flipped inside out and pulled down the rod). Attached are two gold chain bracelets so it can dangle off the wrist.

agielpicture.jpg

Hi! Yes! Please post pictures!!! Or could you send some hi-res ones to aubzy000@gmail.com :)

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just curious. I'm always wondering about prop collecting and such. I was watching a white and red one on ebay but not only am I too poor for any screen used stuff but all of the actresses are real-woman sized and I'm just a 5"3 sz 0-2 shrimp so none of them will fit me. :( *sigh* You're so lucky!! *_*

Screen used stuff is always pretty expensive, regardless of which TV show or movie the parts came from.

A number of screen used Mord Sith full costumes have sold recently, always more than $2,500. Some have gone for over $4,000....and not a single one came with an Agiel.

I unfortunately do not have the screen used agiels. Those went to the stunties and some other specific crew members. Those were not included in the sale unfortunately.

Last edited:
EDIT: Poking around ebay, saw this person offering Cara's catsuit. Curious to know whether anyone knows the seller, if its a good replica, etc.

Stunning handmade red leather catsuit NEW - eBay (item 180531516409 end time Jul-11-10 16:25:31 PDT)

I don't know anything about the seller, but that picture looks like one of the screen-used suits. It shows signs of wear around the elbow pits; it doesn't seem to match with the description "New". I have my doubts as to whether or not it is one of her original creations.

I don't know anything about the seller, but that picture looks like one of the screen-used suits. It shows signs of wear around the elbow pits; it doesn't seem to match with the description "New". I have my doubts as to whether or not it is one of her original creations.

Well it says custom made so she might make a new one...it just won't be the one in the pictures, which, you're right, are from a screen used auction. I just don't bid on items on pages that look as crappy as that one...I mean, how great can the suit be if she doesn't have the creative eye to see that that horrible red flaming background makes the auction page itself an eyesore? :lol

I know the seller on facebook. The name of the page there is LEGEND COSTUMES. She is making replica Seeker costumes. The catsuit she is selling is being worked on by a leather seamstress in Pakistan. She won't have actual pictures of it until later this month, according to her. The pics on the ebay auction are taken from this auction, the real Dahlia MS outfit being sold by jane holland's team (shes the lead in the costume dept for Seeker):

HERO MORD SITH COSTUME Legend of the Seeker DAHLIA - eBay (item 180529678835 end time Jul-13-10 20:00:26 PDT)

LEGEND COSTUMES is also making replica Sister of the Light slippers, Kahlan's green travelling dress, Kahlan's white dress, the MordSith neck/corset armor. Its all replica.

Here is her twitter account: Lorilei (LorileiLegend) on Twitter

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back