Mord' Sith - Legend of the Seeker. The definitive costume research thread.

I bet we could mock it up in a stretch twill (the kind that barely stretches), or even on the bias of some bottomweight fabric. That should give sort of an idea of the give in the leather.

Sounds good!

I was also thinking about the agiel. I'm not sure what other people have been making them out of, but I was thinking of talking to my aunt who is a wood worker. It'll be interesting explaining to her what this particular prop is. haha.

Sounds good!

I was also thinking about the agiel. I'm not sure what other people have been making them out of, but I was thinking of talking to my aunt who is a wood worker. It'll be interesting explaining to her what this particular prop is. haha.

Bring on the duct tape and the camera! :love

The eli mentioned that he was working on some, but if your aunt is a woodworker, she could easily turn one on a lathe and you might even be able to cast them for a small profit. I'm also really wanting to insert a comment about what the prop is for, but as this is a family forum, I will refrain.

Bring on the duct tape and the camera! :love

The eli mentioned that he was working on some, but if your aunt is a woodworker, she could easily turn one on a lathe and you might even be able to cast them for a small profit. I'm also really wanting to insert a comment about what the prop is for, but as this is a family forum, I will refrain.

LOL...Yea, well...

Thats exactly what I was thinking. She can make one on a lathe real quick. I'll just have to figure out the approximate dimensions. The color looks like a solid burgundy paint, not a stain. Then it would need a glaze. I just saw where Netflix has the second season on instant play, so I can take some screen shots pretty easily.

WOW! I am so happy to find others that are going through this endeavor as well. I haven't sewn in years so this is HUGE for me but I want to make it PERFECT. Keep all comments coming and as I find out more, I will do the same ;-)

We'll definitely post everything we learn during our adventures with the Mord Sith. The duct tape pattern (if Chris wants to go that route) should be really interesting.

Can I join in on your D*C 2011 group, maybe? It would be nice to have a long-term goal costume. I can't make it to D*C this year, but am probably going to be able to make it next year.
p.s. in spite of my avatar, I am a chick, so it would be less horrible than it may seem

Last edited:
Heck yeah. I did say an army of Mord Sith right? :lol

I may even have a friend talked into a Daharan soldier.

@ Kristina - Sometime shortly after I get back from my summer gig in August we'll have to do the duct tape pattern. Don't know if I'll find time before I leave.

Excellent!
That will give me plenty of time to lose a couple of pounds (just got back from a 5 mile run :)) and to level up my leatherworking skill.

I'm pretty sure I could get my husband to be a soldier too.

The more the merrier...or as merry as a horde of Mord Sith can be....lol.

@Chris: August is great, I'll be out of school then. Have fun this summer, btw!

Yeah. Starting to sound serious here. I'm officially starting to collect my Darken Rahl reference!

Gonna be fun trying to get all the right reds for it.

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread, but am really excited by all the info here. Thanks for contributing all this great info!

I'm seriously thinking about making the Mord'Sith costume. I love the LotS series, and have been wanting this costume for a while.

What have others done for the agiel? I just did a quick google search for "billy club" thinking I might start there.

Any insight you might have would be great. thanks!

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread, but am really excited by all the info here. Thanks for contributing all this great info!

I'm seriously thinking about making the Mord'Sith costume. I love the LotS series, and have been wanting this costume for a while.

What have others done for the agiel? I just did a quick google search for "billy club" thinking I might start there.

Any insight you might have would be great. thanks!

Some people on here make the agiels. I am currently waiting on a reply. I am considering going as a Mord Sith next Halloween. I love Legend of the Seeker for some reason th e Mord Sith are my favorite in the series. Maybe because they break people and are dominent???

Thanks for posting the link. There's no way I could afford this, but it has some awesome reference pictures, particularly with the collar and corset bits removed. Certainly has given me some better ideas as to how to go about construction. Thanks!

No problem! Check out these pictures on my Flickr account, I've saved the pics from this auction and from a previous Mord Sith auction. Lots of reference pics!

Mord Sith - a set on Flickr

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back