Tatooine Office/Prop Display Room Ideas?

AgentofChaos

Were finally cleaning the junk out of the "sewing room" or what I call the junk room and Its all mine :) So I was thinking of doing a tatooine themed room. Does anyone have any cool ideas??

I think a room done similar to Jabba's throne room would be cool. Han in Carbonite could be the main focus. Various PVC pipes coming in/out of the wall etc.

Mike

HA! i love this!

how about this part from dok 94's scene?
Dok94detail1.jpg
i had an idea to make a small 2 stacked refrigerator based on this design:lol but never make it happen

make a book shelf out of this droid scanner from cantina
droidscanner.jpg
leave a + shape room for lights and the other area are made so it can restore books

be a merchant and make this mos espa market table
espa-stand.gif

this wall details on mos eisley can be another place to restore books,or......anything else:loland double functioned it as a table to greet your guests!
r4f12.gif

somehow this bunk had the feel of a bum:lolbut i dont feel like it if i can make this,from ben kenobi's hut itself,the bunk and all the grebblies,even a droid feel comfort and relax to get to sleep on it:lol:lol
Bunk.jpg

aaaannnd you can make this for the entrance of your own prop/costume room
threaded vacuform plastic for the sides,and if you can do it,you can make the panels for a fully functional doorbell for the wifes,so we can come out in time for a snack and that she's still love me and need somekind of attention:lol:lol
NewPicture4.jpg
the red button for IMMEDIATE attention

many more i guess,and its fun:)
goodluck :thumbsup

I was actually going to do this in my garage years ago...I had it all drawn up, and everything. :)

Here's my 2 cents...

1. Definitely do heavy texture on the walls and then do a wash or some kind of faux finish to get it looking like the walls in the films.

2. If you have the time/money/patience, paint the ceiling (or at least a portion of it) like the dining room area of the Lars homestead...This same concept was also used in Anakins hovel in TPM.

3. Wall arches...Pick one wall to be a focal point of the room, and create a recess there with an arch.

4. Make the inside of the door look like the one that R2 and 3P0 hide behind. This could be done fairly easily with some 1/4" MDF from Home Depot.

5. Remove the door trim from the inside of the room, and replace with the "ribbing" that is so prominent on Tatooine. If you don't have access to a vac-table to create it in plastic, you could easily do it with precut wood strips.

Then have a blast...Add all the little details that Pappy talked about...

You also need to get some very 70's looking retro furniture for the room...Try Goodwill and other stores for that...Or if you want to spend some money, Ikea has some nice options.

But most important...Post pics when you're done. :)

Jason

A few thoughts:

1. A landspeeder table - if you hide the legs properly (or maybe using clear acrylic), you might achieve that floating effect.

2. If you'd prefer booth seating, recreating Han's booth would be a nice and very subtle item. You'd need some serious screen captures to do it right.

Jim

it would be fairly easy to use styrofoam blocks to make archways and finish the walls will a sand/paint mixture for the texture. I did tons of similar work when I was the visual manager at a local Bass Pro Shop...

24d6df40.jpg

Ok you guys have great ideas im definatly going to use. I wanna put the cantina chairs into the room but I cant think of a way to make them..or make them comfortable. ha. any ideas?

Last edited:
For the stucco textured walls, we repainted our office with a textured paint that gave it that Mediterranean feel, wasn't that expensive, and still looked good 7 years later. I don't remember the name of the stuff, but we bought it at Lowes.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back