Help with making replica playing cards?

arivin923

OK, so I have very recently begun a Superhero & Villain Prop collection. One of the things on my "gotta have it" list is a classic style Joker card. I found this one which is perfect on google, but how do I take it from a jpg to a legit looking card? Any and all help is appreciated

joker-card-01.jpg

also, is there any chance someone can help me out with a picture of the back? heres a pic of what they look like

batmanpartyandprops028.jpg

Well, if it helps, these appear to be bridge size cards which are 3.5 inches long and 2.25 inches wide.

Here is something I whipped up for the back:

New-2-2.jpg

I might add that most stationary stores sell paper of varying card stock. If you are just looking for a few, you can always just print them out on that thicker paper, and either glue two halves together (careful for warping) or print double sided with some trial and error.

The second option is to find one of those personalized card manufacturers (there was just a thread that listed some companies regarding playing cards from the movie Alien). Some require a minimum order 50 or so decks.

doesnt Kinkos have double sided printers? Maybe I could take it there and they could wip some up?

and thank you SO much for that design! it looks perfect!

You would probably need to call a specific Kinkos and ask since functionality and capabilities often vary by location. Sometimes it takes a phone call to find out which Kinkos in your area has the machines you need for a specific project. I am sure they do double sided printing, but the problem lies in the designing to graphic to be perfectly alligned when it prints. I don't think they do the actual graphic arrangement, just sort of hit print, then flip the paper around and hit print again. They can size things, but you'll probably need to work on the graphic yourself.

I make alot of trading cards and most good printshops will be able to reproduce them pretty easy. You can take the image into a photoshop type program and put it onto a jumpdrive and they can do the rest .

I am sure they do double sided printing, but the problem lies in the designing to graphic to be perfectly alligned when it prints. I don't think they do the actual graphic arrangement, just sort of hit print, then flip the paper around and hit print again. They can size things, but you'll probably need to work on the graphic yourself.

Looking at the reverse side pattern, i'd just print the entire reverse side of the card stock sheet with the pattern and then cut them out. It doesn't look critical where it starts and ends in relation to the edges of the cards.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back